British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

I’d be shocked if anyone is sacked from the current 5 riders announced 

• Like 1

Think of the ridicule on here if Grondal was let go before the season started it would easily put another 10+ pages onto this thread. 

If they did go with Nicholls & Kennett just have to hope theres was no clash of fixtures with Rye House 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kitykat said:

It had been mentioned that if Scott didn't get a team place, it could be discrimination.  So if Scott does get a team place, wouldn't that be discrimination against Lakeside?  As they were told they couldn't use him.

If they had signed Nicholls instead of Morris there team make up would of been very different so maybe it did them a favour 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

My thoughts.

Kennett will be off to Newcastle.

Nicholls to Peterborough.

Grondal will be sacked before turning a wheel in order to get a 2nd string in and Lambert at reserve.

1. Nicholls

2. 5.76 - Kasper Lykke Nielsen, Bradley Wilson-Dean, New Danish rider maybe. 

3. Palm-Toft

4. Lunna

5. Ostergaard

6. Lambert

7. Bacon

Kasper Lykke Nielsen can't gate  and we have tried  Bradley Wilson Dean last season  o/k at reserve but was not so good in the top 5 and we have enough reserves already , new face Dane now that's something that should have been thought about before they signed Emil Grondal , who in my opinion is a gamble not worth taking, but they have signed him now so should honour the agreement and just hope he's an improved rider from the one we saw before.

16 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Think of the ridicule on here if Grondal was let go before the season started it would easily put another 10+ pages onto this thread. 

If they did go with Nicholls & Kennett just have to hope theres was no clash of fixtures with Rye House 

There couldn't be a clash unless Peterborough decided to ride on a Monday or Wednesday

13 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If they had signed Nicholls instead of Morris there team make up would of been very different so maybe it did them a favour 

Think most teams would take young Nick Morris over Scotty tbh, so i agree with you on that...

• Like 2

That's not the point though is it. You cant claim discrimination for one and not another, or can you?  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kitykat said:

That's not the point though is it. You cant claim discrimination for one and not another, or can you?  

No one has said that though, have they ? It's more about Scott and Eddie than any club imo ....

1 hour ago, tocha said:

There couldn't be a clash unless Peterborough decided to ride on a Monday or Wednesday

Unless Rye rode at Swindon on a Thursday when P'boro had an away match at Sheffield, Redcar or Ipswich.

Why is everyone still talking about Nicholls and Kennet when they are not allowed to ride in the championship...unless I've missed something?..I actually don't think the team  is as bad as what's being  said on here and I think there's  scope for improvement on the riders that have been signed. I have to say it's a bit poor from Panthers management that nothing has been said.

7 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Why is everyone still talking about Nicholls and Kennet when they are not allowed to ride in the championship...unless I've missed something?..I actually don't think the team  is as bad as what's being  said on here and I think there's  scope for improvement on the riders that have been signed. I have to say it's a bit poor from Panthers management that nothing has been said.

Strong indications that the SCB will overturn the BSPA decision to exclude the over 6 riders from the Championship

5 hours ago, Flappy said:

So why did Glasgow not want to keep Lunna on what people keep saying is an attractive 5.90 average?

That surprised us , I thought he'd be a cert to be back in Tigers colours this year . Obviously something happened behind the scenes to prevent that from happening or it was just the numbers game 

16 minutes ago, Paulco said:

That surprised us , I thought he'd be a cert to be back in Tigers colours this year . Obviously something happened behind the scenes to prevent that from happening or it was just the numbers game 

keep waiting for it to "happen" for him but seems to be injury prone,he is exciting though and hope he comes good.

Just now, Fromafar said:

keep waiting for it to "happen" for him but seems to be injury prone,he is exciting though and hope he comes good.

He's all action , which makes him more vulnerable than most on the injury front . But he's still only young and got plenty of improvement in him . 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Strong indications that the SCB will overturn the BSPA decision to exclude the over 6 riders from the Championship

Where have these indications come from then?