British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

If we're going down the likely down the likely to improve route could someone explain the following signings please?

Ulrich Ostergaard 7.12

Michael Palm-Toft 6.77 

Simon Lambert 4.56 

Emil Grondal 4.39 

And I'd even add Scott Nicholls 9.72 to that 

Well it appears Grondal has improved his average already!!!!! 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Joke.  I'd get rid now 

Why not give Jake Knight ago ? young and British .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Greg said:

Why not give Jake Knight ago ? young and British .

We did give him a chance in one meeting last season and he was well off the pace.

51 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The same Lambert who was averaging 2 in the main body of the team last season 

The same Lambert who won heat 14 in the ko cup final 2nd leg at Ipswich when Ostergaard  missed the gate and made the difference to Panthers cup victory.

53 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Yes but how has that been achieved as he did not complete enough matches in the premier league for Swindon  to achieve one  (5 matches I  believe), and he wasn't exactly startling  otherwise they wouldn't have replaced him so quickly.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

The same Lambert who was averaging 2 in the main body of the team last season 

Given an injury free run, Simon can improve his average a bit. Would be better if the team had been built to have him at reserve.

22 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

The same Lambert who won heat 14 in the ko cup final 2nd leg at Ipswich when Ostergaard  missed the gate and made the difference to Panthers cup victory.

Yes he did but that's one race.  He did better at reserve.  The reality is he's reached his ceiling and would another club in the league sign him?

1 minute ago, Flappy said:
15 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Given an injury free run, Simon can improve his average a bit. Would be better if the team had been built to have him at reserve.

If Grondal's average is now 5,04 then Simon  will be at reserve.

On 11/01/2018 at 2:27 PM, New era Panthers said:

I  heard that the BSPA have reaccessed  Grondal's  average from 4.39  to 5.20 .Perhaps somebody at the BSPA could explain the logic bearing in mind how the Lakeside  team averages  have been doctored to make them below 42.50

On 11/01/2018 at 2:36 PM, NeilWatson said:

That’s not correct.

5 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I suggested on  here weeks ago that Grondal's average had been upped to over 5 and Neil Watson assured me that was not the case , perhaps  Neil can advise on this what is happening and the reason behind it .

On 11th January you referred to Emil's average being 5.20, which I said was incorrect - which was correct!

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Yes but how has that been achieved as he did not complete enough matches in the premier league for Swindon  to achieve one  (5 matches I  believe), and he wasn't exactly startling  otherwise they wouldn't have replaced him so quickly.

Emil was given an assessed average in 2017 of 3.88 as per the Green Sheets (http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/p17_issue_final_numerical.pdf). With the 1.3 conversion Emil's 2018 CL average will be 5.04.

Edited by NeilWatson
Typo
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

On 11th January you referred to Emil's average being 5.20, which I said was incorrect - which was correct!

Emil was given an assessed average in 2017 of 3.88 as per the Green Sheets (http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/p17_issue_final_numerical.pdf). With the 1.3 conversion Emil's 2018 CL average will be 5.04.

Good grief this team gets better and better. Why sign him on a 5 point average?

I make it 3.37 ish left :rolleyes:

Edited by Flappy

9 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Good grief this team gets better and better. Why sign him on a 5 poing average?

To keep Lambert at reserve longer ? ;)

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Thanks for info Neil .

2 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Can't even sign Perry now.... joke of a side :lol:

I honestly don't know how they could get team building so wrong year on year . Total shambles perhaps they should get the city council to do it . They wouldn't do any worse.

• Sad 2