British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

28 minutes ago, Lukas said:

I actually feel sorry for you...if all you can do is put on here every 5 mins how s*** you think our team is..just don't go then and get another hobby instead.

I think many others will sadly 

10 hours ago, Lukas said:

I actually feel sorry for you...if all you can do is put on here every 5 mins how s*** you think our team is..just don't go then and get another hobby instead.

the team what is likely to line up is 5h1te , after the holdergate fiasco I never went another  meeting , no doubt the happy clappers will be saying  how good team is but winning the wooden spoon won't be good enough to bring crowds in

It's all well and good ged and  carl saying  we sign riders who want to ride for club  but look at riders whos signed  lunna looks like he'll Improve ,  toft is not even a decent 2nd string round showground cant gate for stink poor signing , can see why they signed lambert IF he stays injury free  he'll win them matches at home , grondal was cack the last time he rode for us  has he got any better riding abroad ??? poor signing  as for oystercard  they kept hiding at no4 last season because he couldn't cut the mustard at 5   he maybe mr peterboro but nobody likes riding with him , bacon can't ride showground  he will improve his average  at a different  club but not at showground 

all in all looks worse line up since I've been going  and at over 50 quid  a meet for my household I won't be  paying to watch the likely dross  whats gonna be served up

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hans fan said:

the team what is likely to line up is 5h1te , after the holdergate fiasco I never went another  meeting , no doubt the happy clappers will be saying  how good team is but winning the wooden spoon won't be good enough to bring crowds in

It's all well and good ged and  carl saying  we sign riders who want to ride for club  but look at riders whos signed  lunna looks like he'll Improve ,  toft is not even a decent 2nd string round showground cant gate for stink poor signing , can see why they signed lambert IF he stays injury free  he'll win them matches at home , grondal was cack the last time he rode for us  has he got any better riding abroad ??? poor signing  as for oystercard  they kept hiding at no4 last season because he couldn't cut the mustard at 5   he maybe mr peterboro but nobody likes riding with him , bacon can't ride showground  he will improve his average  at a different  club but not at showground 

all in all looks worse line up since I've been going  and at over 50 quid  a meet for my household I won't be  paying to watch the likely dross  whats gonna be served up

Difficult to argue with any of this.

14 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

That's you're choice . I love my speedway so I will still be there week in week out but I suspect a lot of fans will not take that view and I wouldn't blame them for that , if they feel they are not getting value for money.

Problem being of course that we've nearly closed more times than I care to remember over the last 5 years and with what allegedly appears to be increasing uncertainty and problems running at the EoES I'd make the most of it while it's there. Coming back when it suits might not be an option. Having said that, it's also difficult to disagree with much of hans fan's logic.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

It never looks good when hardened supporters who have been going for years start to question if its worth attending anymore .

Many on here appear to be paying public from back in the New National League days when good thrashings were the norm but still turned up on friday night to get there speedway fix. 

Edited by scoobydoo

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

It never looks good when hardened supporters who have been going for years start to question if its worth attending anywhere.

Many on here appear to be paying public from back in the New National League days when good thrashings were the norm but still turned up on friday night to get there speedway fix. 

I guess the question most will have to ask themselves is what is most important entertainment or winning? If every home match was a thriller but meant the Panthers lost in heat 15 for example would people still attend?

Obviously the danger is home drummings with gate and go speedway which could affect crowds although ironically a season of massive home wins doesn't have the same effect yet is equally as tedious to watch.

5 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

It never looks good when hardened supporters who have been going for years start to question if its worth attending anymore .

Things change over the years.   Speedway for speedway sake doesn't appeal to me and it may not others 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I guess the question most will have to ask themselves is what is most important entertainment or winning? If every home match was a thriller but meant the Panthers lost in heat 15 for example would people still attend?

Obviously the danger is home drummings with gate and go speedway which could affect crowds although ironically a season of massive home wins doesn't have the same effect yet is equally as tedious to watch.

What matters is the overall mood around the place and the PR. If the team is doing well in the league then it matters little regarding the margin of victory or tight defeat (there wouldn't be many, if any, home defeats for a decent team), people will turn up (the second half of 2013 proved that although some of 2006 did the opposite!). What usually does Peterborough is the guff PR raising expectations before the usual defeats and bad PR (mostly on our travels) that just doesn't encourage people to attend to see the side amazingly return to form on their own dirt. Peterborough is well known for that mentality although I guess it applies in plenty of other places as well. As a club I'm not sure where we are at these days unfortunately but a team without regular, pressure race winners isn't the way to go.

Edited by Crump99

Not a panthers fan but why was the sign Scott Nichols at all costs the order of the day . He has been an exceptional speedway rider in his time there’s mmo doubting that but on a high average and his age I can’t see Scott going for the small gaps or big blasts round the outside . He will ride sensible and he won’t maintain his starting average , this then gave the panthers lower averages to play with the other 6 riders . Can see Peterborough in the bottom half of the table and how fickle there fans are can see it been a long season for the promotion 

• Like 1

Whilst there has been anecdotal reports of the 6 point rule being overturned to my knowledge this has not been confirmed officially. The Mafia have of course adopted a ploy to fail to report or make public any decision which has gone against them, indeed in one instance they opted to pre judge a situation which could cause embarrassment .One could be forgiven for wondering if this is all part of the Mafia's determination  to get their pound of flesh regardless.

• Like 1

Been following this forum for years on and off, I get dragged back in the off season with so little news going about I have to resort to the rumour mill of the forum, why I do I just don't understand.

It pains me to read some of the dribble that gets spouted on here but for me what I've noticed more is just the lack of respect for the riders who time after time put themselves in danger for an ungrateful public which most have never sat on a bike let alone had a go, I'd assume any rider just won't waste their time reading this type of forum.

My next problem is how do you sofa experts know for a fact that 'x' won't improve his average and 'y' was rubbish so they have no chance, who knows what any of them have done over the winter with investing in equipment and exercise to improve fitness, everyone is entitled to their opinion but why does it always have to be so negative on here, who would have thought that Leicester was going to win the premier or Wigan beat Man City the other day that's the beauty of sport that things happen, I guess people will just say that I'm a happy clapper, I don't care. 

Have some respect for these riders that entertain your ungrateful selves and try supporting your teams riders even if the management don't make the best decisions. 

Ill wait for the attack and abuse that will no doubt come from the usual.

Nicholls on the face of it is actually a poor signing. It’s not a question of IF he’ll drop his starting average, it’s a question of how much. I’d say around a point minimum.

But having said that, I’m pretty sure Ged has a plan and there’s more than one way to skin a cat. Nicholls won’t be the only one to drop his average so I’m fully expecting a Kennett or another heat leader to replace a lower end rider after the first set of averages. 

Peterborough will then look a much better outfit and will challenge IMO. Will be interesting to see how much ground they’ll have to make up and if there’s time to do it with fewer fixtures. I wouldn’t rule them out though and like I’ve said before, trophies are handed out in October not March. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nicholls on the face of it is actually a poor signing. It’s not a question of IF he’ll drop his starting average, it’s a question of how much. I’d say around a point minimum.

But having said that, I’m pretty sure Ged has a plan and there’s more than one way to skin a cat. Nicholls won’t be the only one to drop his average so I’m fully expecting a Kennett or another heat leader to replace a lower end rider after the first set of averages. 

Peterborough will then look a much better outfit and will challenge IMO. Will be interesting to see how much ground they’ll have to make up and if there’s time to do it with fewer fixtures. I wouldn’t rule them out though and like I’ve said before, trophies are handed out in October not March. 

I certainly do not see Scott as the panacea to Panthers team problems

A lot may depend on whether the league cup count towards averages....