British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A lot may depend on whether the league cup count towards averages....

They don't

• Like 1

Come on Flappy, you’re getting a bit tedious now, we know the team will be crap, but honestly, stop going on about it, what’s done is done, changes won’t happen, support the side that is put out, or move on, and keep it down on your way out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Panthers89 said:

Come on Flappy, you’re getting a bit tedious now, we know the team will be crap, but honestly, stop going on about it, what’s done is done, changes won’t happen, support the side that is put out, or move on, and keep it down on your way out.

So happy clap?  What's wrong with letting the powers that be know that fans aren't happy?

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

So happy clap?  What's wrong with letting the powers that be know that fans aren't happy?

Nothing at all, I’m not happy but it won’t make a difference, support the side even if you dislike what’s happened, once it’s gone, what will you moan about then?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Nothing at all, I’m not happy but it won’t make a difference, support the side even if you dislike what’s happened, once it’s gone, what will you moan about then?

See that's what winds me up about Panthers all this will they or won't they run each year. 

I get your point but if the people in charge don't get told about thingshow can things improve?

This isn't a one off with team building.....

50 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

A fair point in some respects but never the best of arguments!

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

See that's what winds me up about Panthers all this will they or won't they run each year. 

I get your point but if the people in charge don't get told about thingshow can things improve?

This isn't a one off with team building.....

Out of interest, how long you been going. The will we wont we has only really been an invention since 2013. Wasn't too much before then apart from David Hawkins and the usual Horton's distress signals, often of their own making. On the big issues I think that you can shout all you want but those in charge do as they see fit at the end of the day (but I agree that there isn't anything wrong with voicing your opinion anyway). Last decent team build from the start must have been 2006 & 07, probably due to Bratley/Andersen, and the latter half of 2013 when Sullivan shook it up. It has been a dog's dinner since the drop to the lower level unfortunately. I know not why! We usually end up realising where we went wrong before playing catch up but that may not be an option in 2018.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panthers89 said:

He'll be able to devote more time to telling MacAnthony how to run Posh and the Lane's how to run the Phantoms

43 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

A fair point in some respects but never the best of arguments!

Yes, but only if that was the only point in the arguement. It is very relevant as a reminder.

30 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Out of interest, how long you been going. The will we wont we has only really been an invention since 2013. Wasn't too much before then apart from David Hawkins and the usual Horton's distress signals, often of their own making. On the big issues I think that you can shout all you want but those in charge do as they see fit at the end of the day (but I agree that there isn't anything wrong with voicing your opinion anyway). Last decent team build from the start must have been 2006 & 07, probably due to Bratley/Andersen, and the latter half of 2013 when Sullivan shook it up. It has been a dog's dinner since the drop to the lower level unfortunately. I know not why! We usually end up realising where we went wrong before playing catch up but that may not be an option in 2018.

Since 2003 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

What a load of absolute horsesh!t!!

so i will be the first one to bite. Riders this riders that? What about the fans?Where is the respect for them? Who without them there is no speedway!! Fans are treat with utter contempt the length and breadth of the country man, They are shafted for value for money in everyway imaginable yet still pay their monies, people are sick of paying over inflated prices to watch substandard racing on ill prepared tracks, with poxy made up rules and short handed teams. they are treat like mushrooms and drip fed information when it suits. If you pay your money you are entitled to an opinion both good and bad surely??

Speedway riders are not gods imo and to suggest they do it for our entertainment is both futile and ridiculous, if that was the case they would do it for free or basic expenses.... they dont and no one forces them to ride either... our armed forces, police force, fire fighters put themselves in danger for us ffs not bloody speedway riders!! You will be telling us jockeys are the same no doubt? Yes its a dangerous sport but its their choice to ride ours to watch. Speedway fans are far too passive in accepting sh!te and being told to be thankful like promoters, riders and the bspa are doing us a favor. Wake up and smell the coffee man because without or after this generation of fans there will be no speedway because society today wont accept or support the current shambles that is speedway in the UK.

Ive been going to Newcastle for 40 years, it was a passion, it was part a massive part of my life it was a drug.. I loved it. Now i couldnt give a monkeys if i go or not... so where are the next lot of die hards coming from?? Who is going to stand up for the fans? Etc.. id rather voice my opinion and how i feel rather than sit apathetic creaming my self thinking a bloke in kevlars is a god or a hero... and told to be thankful!! Thankful for what?.

Says something when you couldnt care a less about something you once lived for... and im not alone.

That's has got to be the best post I have ever read on this forum.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Oh yeah because Ged is really going to panic and change the team when he hears that Flapper from the speedway forum thinks his team is s****!! Lol

12 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Oh yeah because Ged is really going to panic and change the team when he hears that Flapper from the speedway forum thinks his team is s****!! Lol

That's not my point though is it? It's not just me who thinks we consistently mess up when it comes to team building.

In the act of fairness there are many things that this promotion are good at.