British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

31 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

That's has got to be the best post I have ever read on this forum.  

It was a good one :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arson fire said:

What a load of absolute horsesh!t!!

so i will be the first one to bite. Riders this riders that? What about the fans?Where is the respect for them? Who without them there is no speedway!! Fans are treat with utter contempt the length and breadth of the country man, They are shafted for value for money in everyway imaginable yet still pay their monies, people are sick of paying over inflated prices to watch substandard racing on ill prepared tracks, with poxy made up rules and short handed teams. they are treat like mushrooms and drip fed information when it suits. If you pay your money you are entitled to an opinion both good and bad surely??

Speedway riders are not gods imo and to suggest they do it for our entertainment is both futile and ridiculous, if that was the case they would do it for free or basic expenses.... they dont and no one forces them to ride either... our armed forces, police force, fire fighters put themselves in danger for us ffs not bloody speedway riders!! You will be telling us jockeys are the same no doubt? Yes its a dangerous sport but its their choice to ride ours to watch. Speedway fans are far too passive in accepting sh!te and being told to be thankful like promoters, riders and the bspa are doing us a favor. Wake up and smell the coffee man because without or after this generation of fans there will be no speedway because society today wont accept or support the current shambles that is speedway in the UK.

Ive been going to Newcastle for 40 years, it was a passion, it was part a massive part of my life it was a drug.. I loved it. Now i couldnt give a monkeys if i go or not... so where are the next lot of die hards coming from?? Who is going to stand up for the fans? Etc.. id rather voice my opinion and how i feel rather than sit apathetic creaming my self thinking a bloke in kevlars is a god or a hero... and told to be thankful!! Thankful for what?.

Says something when you couldnt care a less about something you once lived for... and im not alone.

Sums the sport up nicely.

I'm not happy with the state of the Panthers, the team has been in decline for a while now, even though Ged has taken over and brought a bit of stability back to the club, we are being stabilised to a poor standard. Clubs are improving and we are a bit stagnant at the moment. My issue is with people who with every single post can't find a good thing to say, what's the point, you've made your point, what's changed? Move on.

11 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

I'm not happy with the state of the Panthers, the team has been in decline for a while now, even though Ged has taken over and brought a bit of stability back to the club, we are being stabilised to a poor standard. Clubs are improving and we are a bit stagnant at the moment. My issue is with people who with every single post can't find a good thing to say, what's the point, you've made your point, what's changed? Move on.

I agree to a point, however due to Holdergate last season it was another will they, won't they run winter. 

I just see it as a real opportunity missed not to kick on from the KOC win, we lost our best riders due to us not being in a position to tie them due to the above.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

I feel the same as what you are saying , it's not going to get any better than what we've got for 2018 and we will have to make do with it , fans can moan as much as they like but it will not alter anything . Hopefully this will serve as a big learning curve for Ged and his management team for 2019.  We need to start planning for 2019 before the end of 2018 . The Holder situation which created  uncertainty about   the clubs future being  a major factor in this.

10 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Make do?? Or find something else to do with their money, I think a few will.

No,,, just gotta put up with it, there might not be much left :(

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

I agree to a point, however due to Holdergate last season it was another will they, won't they run winter. 

I just see it as a real opportunity missed not to kick on from the KOC win, we lost our best riders due to us not being in a position to tie them due to the above.

See, that I agree with.

Carl Johnson told Panthers fans not to Panic on 28th January. Even he would surely allow us a panic or two now!!!

32 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Make do?? Or find something else to do with their money, I think a few will.

Simple choice really , either be prepared to accept it or finish up with no speedway. As I like the sport I am prepared to put up with this, everybody has the same choice  

• Like 1

That's correct, some will choose not to accept it and do other things or maybe do nothing.   And if the speedway goes they will again find other things to do or not.  Some people are just speedway fans and for others it really is what they love and it's a big part of their life.  I will not just accept it even if does mean a club has to close.

Edited by Stainlesssteelride

I stopped attending years ago but still have the club at heart having travelled the country from top to bottom for many seasons.

Expectation with Panthers fans has always been high after being at the very top of the tree in 99 & 06 to some that expectation still exists to others realisation has kicked in bigtime.

• Like 2

Anyone know what average Grondal is on? There is suggestions he is coming in on his PL average converted by 1.3 or has this already been mentioned? Apologies if it has.