British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

1 minute ago, jenga said:

i feel this nicholls thing has gone on long enough . either ged needs to come clean and tell the panthers faithful just what is going on or the faithful will become un faithful . 

it cant keep going on like this . its either the scb/bspa muppets or soupremo need to put it out and say yes or no to nicholls/kennet etc .

i can understand the fans being disgruntled about all this , at the end of the day , its geds fault and he is waiting for the golden rabbit to come to the top of the hat .

are the fans still trusting ged on this one or are they really in deep 5hite , who knows ?

but , best of luck whoever you end up with .

( if ged is just stringing the fans along . he will pay for his actions as the fans MAY turn their backs on the sport in Peterborough ). come on ged , show some ba11s and tell the fans what is going on .

Nothing is certain.  According to this weeks Speedway Star, Lawyers are now involved and, if necessary, the Court of Arbitration will used to get Scott, Eddie and anyone else in to the Championship, if they (the riders) so wish.

33 minutes ago, crazyb said:

Why don't they

Cup and Shield matches have traditionally been excluded from averages so that (in theory) all riders end up with an average gained riding against the same opposition.

Also it was to avoid the early season opening competition being used to manipulate the team total in order to make changes for the later league campaign......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Nothing is certain.  According to this weeks Speedway Star, Lawyers are now involved and, if necessary, the Court of Arbitration will used to get Scott, Eddie and anyone else in to the Championship, if they (the riders) so wish.

So lets face it, there's only a few people at the BSPA and, something that could be sorted out quite easily,(looking from the outside),,, is turning into rocket science ?

Edited by ruffdiamond

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

So lets face it, there's only a few people at the BSPA and, something that could be sorted out quite easily,(looking from the outside),,, is turning into rocket science ?

Only the mafia could get themselves in such a mess

Now I'm not sticking up for the bspa, but I suppose all they are trying to do is apply the same rules to Peterborough as they did to lakeside. Hopefully though the whole system will be blown apart and a new rule book written after this.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Now I'm not sticking up for the bspa, but I suppose all they are trying to do is apply the same rules to Peterborough as they did to lakeside. Hopefully though the whole system will be blown apart and a new rule book written after this.

A think they would struggle to apply a stamp to an envelope ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Cheers it’s listed as 4.39 everywhere else isn’t it? Does anyone know what’s happening. 

Both are too high in my opinion. Terrible signing.

40 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Both are too high in my opinion. Terrible signing.

He'll also now be in the main body of the team 

Will Ged turn up at tomorrows supporters club event to bring us up to date at the latest non news?. Looks like a total balls up to me. His admission that Panthers can't compete financially with the rest seems to be totally true'. A total shambles made worse by the deafening silence from the management.

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Cup and Shield matches have traditionally been excluded from averages so that (in theory) all riders end up with an average gained riding against the same opposition.

Also it was to avoid the early season opening competition being used to manipulate the team total in order to make changes for the later league campaign......

I remember Paul Thorp was always a 'slow starter' every season with Hull and then Worky. :P

Unless something dramatic happens team wise I can see Panthers not completing the season

13 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Will Ged turn up at tomorrows supporters club event to bring us up to date at the latest non news?. Looks like a total balls up to me. His admission that Panthers can't compete financially with the rest seems to be totally true'. A total shambles made worse by the deafening silence from the management.

Don't buy that excuse. We had the money to sign Chris Harris last season and i doubt he was cheap.

14 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Nothing to say Rodders. The worst kept secret will be communicated in due course as the local comic says today:

"the city club have finally completed their 2018 line-up . . . but they can’t go public yet."

"Panthers had struck a deal with seven-time British champion Scott Nicholls, but he was then blocked from racing by new BSPA guidelines. That left both parties in limbo, but speculation in the sport now suggests the rule blocking Nicholls from joining the club is in the process of being overturned. It is thought he will occupy one of the two remaining spaces in the Panthers side with a reserve rider completing the order."

Edited by Crump99

11 hours ago, Flappy said:

Don't buy that excuse. We had the money to sign Chris Harris last season and i doubt he was cheap.

Last year they had TV money. This year they have had to budget without it I know it wouldn't pay all of Bomber's wage but it would have helped.

Edited by Isotonic