British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Cook wasn’t at the AGM, Lakeside at that time wasn’t in either the Premiership or the Championship.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Barney Rabbit said:

Was it decided then?

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.33591

No mention of it here.

Not everything makes it to the News release as well we all know.

Actually I might have to revise my previous statement when I said that Ged had signed Scott in December or January. I'm told he signed him before the AGM and it was well known.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Not everything makes it to the News release as well we all know.

Actually I might have to revise my previous statement when I said that Ged had signed Scot in December or January. I'm told he signed him before the AGM and it was well known.

That may account for why the rule was brought in!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Actually I might have to revise my previous statement when I said that Ged had signed Scot in December or January. I'm told he signed him before the AGM and it was well known.

If that is the case, it explains everything.

Edited by Barney Rabbit

18 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Does people think their is an agenda against Ged? Or just unfortunate circumstances

Bit of both. 

29 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Does people think their is an agenda against Ged? Or just unfortunate circumstances

Surely it has been Ged's decisions that has caused the problems and attracted opposition, especially his actions on Holdergate. The Scott affair was deemed illegal and now been corrected, but Ged has not played a straight bat with this matter, and could and should have acted in a less combative way. I think there has been a bit of twit for tat between Ged and the BSPA, but there is a way of working with your partners in any organisation and this is not a good case of that.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

youre spelling is terrrablee  how can youmiss sphell tat !

Surely it has been Ged's decisions that has caused the problems and attracted opposition, especially his actions on Holdergate. The Scott affair was deemed illegal and now been corrected, but Ged has not played a straight bat with this matter, and could and should have acted in a less combative way. I think there has been a bit of twit for tat between Ged and the BSPA, but there is a way of working with your partners in any organisation and this is not a good case of that.

I would have thought suspension and a punitive fine to say nothing  about being ordered to to give free admission was pretty combative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

I would have thought suspension and a punitive fine to say nothing  about being ordered to to give free admission was pretty combative.

Your opinion, but others could say a person who breaks rules he has signed to uphold, deserves sometimes a harsh sentence.

Your opinion, but others could say a person who breaks rules he has signed to uphold, deserves sometimes a harsh sentence.

I do not and never have supported Ged regarding Holder. However I do believe his version of events as it would seem do others when the matter escalated and went to a higher authority.

9 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I do not and never have supported Ged regarding Holder. However I do believe his version of events as it would seem do others when the matter escalated and went to a higher authority.

There could be two versions of the truth though.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

There's always only one and it usually sits in the middle of the supposed two options given.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Of course their is

The BSPA issued a press release saying they and the SCB had thrashed out a solution, when in truth the SCB/ACU had said it was unlawful and wouldn’t be included in this years rulebook.

Yeah,,, one'll be right and one'll be wrong ;)