British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

55 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

All.sports have to have rules to adhere to , pboro knew the rules for this season and should have stuck to them i dont see it as restraint of trade if your sport says u  are to good for a league accept the rules or play elsewhere .

And maybe Peterborough knew the rules were illegal.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2018 at 12:08 PM, Tsunami said:

Lots of points there Chris, some of which I will challenge. Others I will either PM you or discuss them when we next meet.

The ruling might have been passed at the AGM but would have been known weeks before at the PreAGM meeting, so the decision could have been pre-empted. ;)

The decision would have been made with the best intentions of clarifying who could drop down, but unfortunately for Kennett and Nicholls they had no Championship average to fall back on, like say Harris. Presumably the ruling was for genuine stabilisation between the two leagues and that was the AGM decision. That's the way an organisation operates cos it is the ruling body for the sport. To say a member in a 'closed shop' can't challenge things is rather ignoring reality. All matters are discussed, voted for and a decision arrived at, and in many cases by a majority vote as few things are unanimous. That's how all committees generally operate. The difference in this case is the legality of that decision. The BSPA, obviously having made the decision, thought it was legal and enforceable, and therefore would have tried to uphold it. When faced by objections from the SCB and a legal challenge, they had no alternative to overturn their own decision. That is not as you say "incompetence, viciousness or both" unless  you are preprogrammed to the mantra that the organisation "deserves at least some of the odium and criticism it gets".

I have no information to what you allude to with the IOW matters, but I would have thought that generally within the BSPA ranks and other fans that Barry and Martin, their efforts have been applauded and are in the vest interest of the continuance of our sport. The fact that Barry has just won an award  just recently would suggest your 'jealousy' tag may be a bit offline.

You say Ged was 'fined heavily'.  Hmmm. Yes he was by the BSPA to the tune of £28K, which coincided with the amount of what he received by breaking rules of the organisation, which he signed before the season started as agreeing to uphold the rules of he organisation.  Everyone seemed to think that was rather relevant and justified. In the subsequent review by the SCB, that fine was cancelled and replaced to about £1k and scrubbed the free meeting I believe. Who thinks that the SCB decision was better or more appropriate than the original one from the BSPA. I think the BSPA got it spot on and I am disappointed in the level of the SCB revised fine. So we have rules that get broken and Ged makes a profit of about £26k is a punishment ?   Not right.

Rob, who you have championed before for his style and achievements with the Scunny track, was stupid to do what he did. No argument with that. It is not unprecedented but cannot be accepted under any circumstances. There has to have been some review of his actions and maybe his warning or punishment has not been published, I don't know. But what I do now is that that meeting was under the control of the referee acting for the SCB, and it is them not the BSPA  to take any appropriate action. if you accept the SCB acted according regarding the reversing of an illegal decision with the over 6 rule, I would hope you will also hold a similar view regarding the view that the SCB with Rob's actions. 

As I said earlier, there are things I can't put on here as you will understand. Will be in touch.

Hi,

Can you please tell me what award I have just won?? It's news to me :)

Many thanks,

Barry

43 minutes ago, barrybishop said:

Hi,

Can you please tell me what award I have just won?? It's news to me :)

Many thanks,

Barry

Did I not see you with a large cup that was recognition for you, just a few weeks ago. Maybe it was presented at the MP's Speedway group late last autumn ?.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Rubbish

Phil Taylor (recently retired I know) is to good for BDO, County, Pub darts but can play all if he wishes.

Wayne Rooney would be to good for None League, Amateur, Grassroots football but could play if he wishes.

British Speedway have opened themselves up by allowing doubling up between 2 'Professional Leagues'. Doing so should allow all riders in the Premiership to race Championship Speedway. Even those with averages of over 12.

If a Championship side was to offer Woffinden a contract the BSPA would find it difficult legally to block the move regardless of rules they try to put in place.

It might depend on the particular League, but as far as I know (at least when I ran a Sunday Morning pub team), if a player had signed a professional contract, he couldn't sign for a Sunday Morning side.

Although Nicholls starts the season on the highest SCBC ave, he could be the top rider in the league by then end of it! I feel for Panthers to challenge, they'll need him to be! 

No chance will he be the top rider, 4th or 5th maybe, although I think 8th or 9th.

Edited by Kitykat
  • Like 1

on the day of the ben fund , which entrance gate/style @ the stadium does ged own during the speedway meetings ?..... :o O....  eck !

39 minutes ago, jenga said:

on the day of the ben fund , which entrance gate/style @ the stadium does ged own during the speedway meetings ?..... :o O....  eck !

Enter via the Jack Holder gate 

• Like 2

See Jenga has decided to talk pish on the P'boro thread.

Any chance you can keep him on here for a while lets say 6 months and take it from there.

10 minutes ago, Gazc said:

See Jenga has decided to talk pish on the P'boro thread.

Any chance you can keep him on here for a while lets say 6 months and take it from there.

Been around for a while and difficult to get rid of, much like a deposit on the shoe. I blame the management team for not moving up last year because we'd have hopefully lost him then. Downside is that we'd have gained stevebrum but at least he's reasonably intelligent!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thats very true , i dont go on the somerset site now . they are too posh to wash ! 

regarding stepping on something  , the only advice i can give is dont step in it in the first place .

i have been told a certain wurky promoter had his own gate . one week moggie thou , a few weeks later , a roller /./././.

whats gazc diong on here . stick t glasgow  please .

i like the jack holder gate thing , classflappy .. .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jenga said:

Shame Ged doesn't own your gate as he could shut it permanently.

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Been around for a while and difficult to get rid of, much like a deposit on the shoe. I blame the management team for not moving up last year because we'd have hopefully lost him then. Downside is that we'd have gained stevebrum but at least he's reasonably intelligent!

Not so much steps in it as talks it non stop.

42 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not so much steps in it as talks it non stop.

Maybe its from the sole ? ;)