British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Nathan Greaves around that 4.8 mark, would fit that mark well 

Grondal involved in a crash in Denmark apparently 

• Sad 1

No apparently about it, let’s face it. He went to hospital!

5 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Nathan Greaves around that 4.8 mark, would fit that mark well 

Or maybe an untried up and coming Dane on a 5.20 average who then would become an asset.  I hope Grondal news is not too serious , expect some news later today.

Going to need a new signing for Emil.

Broken Pelvis, Punctured Lung and four cracked ribs.

Poor guy, all the best Emil.

• Sad 4

18 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Horrible that. Get well soon. 

On a side note when does Grondal get his new 5.70 average? - that's give us 8.36 to play with 

39 minutes ago, Flappy said:

On a side note when does Grondal get his new 5.70 average? - that's give us 8.36 to play with 

He wont as he will not complete a 4th away meeting

Hardly the most important issue given his condition. I wish him all the best

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Jeez give it a rest

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Panthers89 said:

header_pr.jpg

PETERBOROUGH’S Emil Grondal is recovering after a high-speed crash in Denmark on Wednesday.
Grondal was involved in an horrific pile-up with Patrick Hougaard during Holstebro’s Super League match at Grindsted.
He suffered multiple injuries including a cracked (but not broken) hip, a punctured lung and internal bleeding.
A major concern was that he did not have full feeling in his legs after the crash; however, this has now thankfully returned, although he is unable to take the weight of walking at this stage.
Panthers promoter Ged Rathbone said: “I’ve spoken to people who were there, they tell me this was a dreadful crash and there’s absolutely no doubt that Emil’s neck brace and helmet saved him from very, very serious injuries.
“He’s been completely battered down his right-hand side especially, but he’s going to be attempting to walk again later today hopefully, and obviously it’s a huge relief that the feeling is back in his legs.
“This sort of thing is another reminder of the dangers of the sport, and the risks the riders take for their careers and for our entertainment.
“Despite his injuries, Emil is a typical speedway rider so he’s already talking about hopefully getting back racing by the middle of June!
“Over the next few days we’ll get a clearer idea of whether that will be possible, and we have a break in our own schedule at the moment so we’ll keep in touch with him and monitor his recovery process.
“Emil made a great start to the season with us, he’s come back to the club in good shape and we hope he isn’t going to be out for too long.”
All at Peterborough Speedway would like to wish Emil well for his recovery, and we look forward to seeing him back at the East of England Arena as soon as possible.

ENDS

spons-strip_peterborough_pr.jpg
  • Like 1

Is a crack better than a break? I guess in some cases it is!

4 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Is a crack better than a break? I guess in some cases it is!

anything is better than ligament tendon damage

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hans fan said:

anything is better than ligament tendon damage

Exactly what I was thinking

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Very insensitive and untimely remark , Flappy you've sunk to the lowest vilest level with this remark , do you not feel ashamed.

• Like 1