British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Actually feel sorry for Panthers in this situation, they have gone from title challengers to mid table through no fault of their own.

Riders appear happy to come to Panthers which is positive 

Along with Greaves, Perks  was the most improved rider last season, so at least he is a rider on the upward curve.  And currently flappy you are only 1 point off the top of the table. 

Edited by Baldyman

16 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Actually feel sorry for Panthers in this situation, they have gone from title challengers to mid table through no fault of their own.

Riders appear happy to come to Panthers which is positive 

its part of the speedway circus . at least you have a promoter that has the get up and go and is not hiding away from the fans . last week at lakeside our leader (NOT JACKO )  didnt even put in a tac ride to show to the fans that he was interested .  some times you hate jed/ged  and other times he gets off his butt and does the right things for the fans . our lot dont seem to be interested . 

we have had ,( i think ) about 4 meetings @ home since  the start of the season and one of those was an open meeting . 

we how have to wait until june 23rd for the next home meeting . 

16 minutes ago, jenga said:

its part of the speedway circus . at least you have a promoter that has the get up and go and is not hiding away from the fans . last week at lakeside our leader (NOT JACKO )  didnt even put in a tac ride to show to the fans that he was interested .  some times you hate jed/ged  and other times he gets off his butt and does the right things for the fans . our lot dont seem to be interested . 

we have had ,( i think ) about 4 meetings @ home since  the start of the season and one of those was an open meeting . 

we how have to wait until june 23rd for the next home meeting . 

It could be worse...

Good signing for me.if I remember rightly he was banging in some big scores for Redcar toeards end of last season.

• Like 1

Just found this on another thread...

On 1/7/2018 at 7:55 AM, Uluru said:

Ellis Perks is sitting in Australia without a club in the UK.      Bears should have gone for him, rather than the unknown quantity

I agree wholeheartedly, Uluru, and I have to admit that I am embarassed and totally mystified as to why he has been cut after his simply stunning contribution to the cause in 2017. 

Has someone at the top forgotten how, particularly at the beginning of the campaign, Ellis was weighing in with huge double-figure scores almost everywhere he went and, along with Barker and Garrity, was the backbone of the team. Without those contributions we would surely have not gone on to enjoy sucha successful season.

14 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Just found this on another thread...

On 1/7/2018 at 7:55 AM, Uluru said:

Ellis Perks is sitting in Australia without a club in the UK.      Bears should have gone for him, rather than the unknown quantity

I agree wholeheartedly, Uluru, and I have to admit that I am embarassed and totally mystified as to why he has been cut after his simply stunning contribution to the cause in 2017. 

Has someone at the top forgotten how, particularly at the beginning of the campaign, Ellis was weighing in with huge double-figure scores almost everywhere he went and, along with Barker and Garrity, was the backbone of the team. Without those contributions we would surely have not gone on to enjoy sucha successful season.

Sounds a bit like back to the future.

Very good prospect, Panthers and Ellis both deserve lots of success from this move, it was criminal how such a good British prospect was left aside while clubs fill their sides with mediocre foreigners or develop overseas riders in preference to our own.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lukas said:

Good signing for me.if I remember rightly he was banging in some big scores for Redcar toeards end of last season.

Welcome to the Panthers lair Ellis , looks like a good signing under the circumstances , just wonder if he's we will be match fit for Sunday , surprised that no team  has taken a chance with him after looking at what he achieved last season and he's British and still only 21.

...and thinking ahead when Grondal and Lunna return..any underperforming riders could be replaced by them so we kind of now have a squad situation somewhat!

a squad system eh . how does that work then , oh i see a rider drops points off his average and you bring in , say nike who has a higher average . so you will have to redeclre to the 42.50 limit every time . squad systems only work in football and the army ! fans need to have a group of riders they can call their team .  still , good luck with that .

55 minutes ago, jenga said:

a squad system eh . how does that work then , oh i see a rider drops points off his average and you bring in , say nike who has a higher average . so you will have to redeclre to the 42.50 limit every time . squad systems only work in football and the army ! fans need to have a group of riders they can call their team .  still , good luck with that .

Lucas did put on the end of his post  ( somewhat),   I understand what he means and i'm sure you do.            1. 99 under the 42.50 max team limit will leave plenty of scope should Panthers wish to re-declare

Edited by New era Panthers

That's 3 former Eastbourne Eagles you have, which in a way is strange considering the big variance in the size of the two home tracks.

If you get many more, we will have to have an outing to cheer on 'our' boys.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

That's 3 former Eastbourne Eagles you have, which in a way is strange considering the big variance in the size of the two home tracks.

If you get many more, we will have to have an outing to cheer on 'our' boys.

Its 4 i believe... Ostergaard, Nicholls, Perks and Wilson-Dean. 

• Like 2