British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

22 minutes ago, GWC said:

5 pointers do not grow on trees so who do you suggest?

Agreed, new Scandinavians etc are 5.20.

Looking at only possible options from NL:

Tom Perry, Adam Roynon or Max Clegg

2 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

look hardert if i was you. there is nothing wrong with bacon .

2 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

I think the only to go is to persevere with Bacon until new averages come out and Grondal is fit again then Perks would comfortably fit in at #7 as    Perk's averages should drop enough to cover this . I know we have important fixtures immediately ahead  and ideally we need to replace Tom Bacon , Try as he might the lad is just not cutting it at this level . If we brought in one of those 4 options you've mentioned now then more than likely    we wouldn't be able to fit Grondal back in once fit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I think the only to go is to persevere with Bacon until new averages come out and Grondal is fit again then Perks would comfortably fit in at #7 as    Perk's averages should drop enough to cover this . I know we have important fixtures immediately ahead  and ideally we need to replace Tom Bacon , Try as he might the lad is just not cutting it at this level . If we brought in one of those 4 options you've mentioned now then more than likely    we wouldn't be able to fit Grondal back in once fit.

Agreed, if we had 5.20 to spare, then I would look at taking a punt with someone, but those options hardly jump out at you do they! Hopefully Emil is back in the next month or so

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Any of those will score more than Tom during period of Emils absence ,  and we need those extra points , would have taken more than a point at Glasgow, and would give us a choice if and  when Emil returns, of Perks and whoever, though think Perks is better.

jimg  

5 hours ago, jimg said:

Any of those will score more than Tom during period of Emils absence ,  and we need those extra points , would have taken more than a point at Glasgow, and would give us a choice if and  when Emil returns, of Perks and whoever, though think Perks is better.

jimg  

Spot on.

Sheffield expecting to make changes this week, if any of Graversen, Shanes or Smith are released we should move fast 

On 6/5/2018 at 7:05 PM, bigcatdiary said:

Hardly, Camptons done at least two meetings since then.

Dont confuse Team Declarations with Team GSA, although the BSPA Office are making a good attempt.

I always thought i was clever around averages, but finding it much harder this year to follow them!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I always thought i was clever around averages, but finding it much harder this year to follow them!

Impossible to calculate unless you have the full spreadsheet and know which meetings are dropping off for each set of rolling figures (and remember to reduce the sample size by 2 each month)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Spot on.

Sheffield expecting to make changes this week, if any of Graversen, Shanes or Smith are released we should move fast 

Can't see where Sheffield will be releasing any of those riders as   Psycho 3a   says on Sheffield thread they are already over the 42'50 limit ,  so it will be difficult

2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Can't see where Sheffield will be releasing any of those riders as   Psycho 3a   says on Sheffield thread they are already over the 42'50 limit ,  so it will be difficult

Wouldn't want any of those three anyway, hardly add to what we've already got

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Wouldn't want any of those three anyway, hardly add to what we've already got

I thought the same myself none of them are hardly box office, definitely not worth pushing the boat out for.

8 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

But definitely going to score more than Bacon

But none of the 3 of them are an improvement on Grondal  who I think is worth waiting for.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

But none of the 3 of them are an improvement on Grondal  who I think is worth waiting for.

I’d say Shanes is better than Grondal and also a point and a bit under him?

• Like 1

But Emil wouldn’t fit back in for Perks unless he completes the meetings required to gain an average.