British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

10 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I’d say Shanes is better than Grondal and also a point and a bit under him?

That's your opinion , have you seen Grondal racing this year, his average is over  five and a half  riding at no;2  Shanes has had the luxury of riding at reserve and struggling to achieve 4 point average

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

But Emil wouldn’t fit back in for Perks unless he completes the meetings required to gain an average.

Just maybe we might want to keep Perks and if that should be the case knowing it would be a short term signing do you think Shanes would want to sign for  Panthers when he could get a full time position somewhere else.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 1

you may find josh g could be heading north of the border , down Mexico way !

53 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Just maybe we might want to keep Perks and if that should be the case knowing it would be a short term signing do you think Shanes would want to sign for  Panthers when he could get a full time position somewhere else.

54 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

If Shanes becomes available and is willing to fight for a regular team place when Grondal  returns and knowing he or Perks will be replaced then I would say go for it and bring in Shanes at the expense of Tom Bacon otherwise it's got to be as you were.

9 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Sorry I wasn’t thinking last night. I was thinking signing one of the Sheffield lot for Bacon. Hence then what I meant of how do we know if Emil will fit back in? Can he come back and replace that gap left by Bacon? 

something tells me you will not be able to fit  emil into bacons reserve place . its like for like and he could only replace the replacement who replaced him . so redeclaration  is on the cards and peterborough will have to come under or bang on the 42.50 limit . nice thought tho .

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Flappy said:

Spot on.

Sheffield expecting to make changes this week, if any of Graversen, Shanes or Smith are released we should move fast 

can't see the point  in bringing any of those in , hardly  be a improvement  think panthers missed the boat not signing kus  for bacon , might have got away with r/r for grondal then ,i'm not saying  ellis perks is a bad signing tho

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Sorry I wasn’t thinking last night. I was thinking signing one of the Sheffield lot for Bacon. Hence then what I meant of how do we know if Emil will fit back in? Can he come back and replace that gap left by Bacon? 

Yes he can provided  his 5.04 average fits withjin  the 42.50 limit  and with Perks riding at NO;2  his average should drop enough to help make this happen remember we are 1.99 under the limit anyway.  As such he would not be replacing Bacon but would be replacing  Perks who is a temp on a 28 day deal  then Perks would be able to replace Bacon as long as the team total doesn't exceed   42.50 limit

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Shanes over Grondal. Back the brits 

that would be a step backwards ,and you'd be1st to moan  if it went **  up

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hans fan said:

that would be a step backwards ,and you'd be1st to moan  if it went **  up

It's a hypothetical question at the minute anyway.  Any of those will outscore Bacon 

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

It's a hypothetical question at the minute anyway.  Any of those will outscore Bacon 

So what was the point in suggesting it.

2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

So what was the point in suggesting it.

Because changes are afoot at sheffield and we need to be ready to pounce 

A reduced fixture list with weeks & weeks of no meetings & we still have to resort to double headers.  Madness.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Noodles said:

A reduced fixture list with weeks & weeks of no meetings & we still have to resort to double headers.  Madness.

It’s all about Showground availability, it’s nothing new.

Our best race day is Sunday at 5.00pm, that’s well accepted and we get our best crowds at that time.

So far this year we have also scheduled fixtures on Fridays, Saturdays and Tuesdays, ask yourself why is that.

Edited by bigcatdiary