British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Nicholls became a Boro asset so yes certainly for him - mind you would you want to try and stop him agreeing a deal elsewhere? He has good representation for such matters :D

Is Harris a Boro asset?

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.3329.2

• Thanks 1

Thanks Neil - that seems an age ago with all that has gone on this season! Id forgotten it was 5 Brits in one go :t:

Did the other deal mentioned for the non Brits complete satisfactorily? If so are the names available for public consumption?

Could be in a good position if any premier teams come knocking to bring in some extra pennies for either of them, especially as they both been linked to Poole or were they BSPA assets when they joined Rye and as such any team can take over the initial loan if its been paid that is.

Tell me why the asset system is good for UK speedway please?

• Like 1

Neil is Friday 13th July against Scunthorpe definitely going ahead?  BSPA have removed it from the official fixture list and Workington and Lakeside have issued statement about not being allowed to ride Fridays?

15 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Neil is Friday 13th July against Scunthorpe definitely going ahead?  BSPA have removed it from the official fixture list and Workington and Lakeside have issued statement about not being allowed to ride Fridays?

header_pr.jpg

PETERBOROUGH have confirmed Emil Grondal will return to the team when their Championship campaign resumes next week.
Grondal has been ruled out since suffering a horror crash in Denmark in late May, but has come through practice sessions both in his homeland and at the East of England Arena last Friday.
Ellis Perks, who came in for five matches plus the Championship Fours as reserve after previously-planned signing Edward Kennett was also injured, has been released and has now secured a team place in the National League with Plymouth.
And Panthers promoter Ged Rathbone has given a glowing reference to Perks, who came in at short notice and was part of a Panthers team which won all five matches he was involved in, plus the Fours at Redcar.
Rathbone said: “Ellis has been absolutely fantastic. Strangely enough when we signed him we heard loads of stories about how he could be a prima donna, and all sorts of things like that.
“But it couldn’t be further from the truth from what we’ve seen. He’s enjoyed himself, and I was pleased to give him a lap of honour after last week’s meeting to say thank-you to the supporters, and for them to thank him.
“He dropped everything at short notice to come over from Australia to join us, and I’d certainly look at him again for the future. He’s been a perfect professional during his time with us, and I wish him all the best at Plymouth.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming Emil back next Friday against Scunthorpe. He’s been out practising over the last week or so including at Peterborough, and it will be good to have him back with us.”

ENDS

spons-strip_peterborough_pr.jpg

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:
header_pr.jpg

PETERBOROUGH have confirmed Emil Grondal will return to the team when their Championship campaign resumes next week.
Grondal has been ruled out since suffering a horror crash in Denmark in late May, but has come through practice sessions both in his homeland and at the East of England Arena last Friday.
Ellis Perks, who came in for five matches plus the Championship Fours as reserve after previously-planned signing Edward Kennett was also injured, has been released and has now secured a team place in the National League with Plymouth.
And Panthers promoter Ged Rathbone has given a glowing reference to Perks, who came in at short notice and was part of a Panthers team which won all five matches he was involved in, plus the Fours at Redcar.
Rathbone said: “Ellis has been absolutely fantastic. Strangely enough when we signed him we heard loads of stories about how he could be a prima donna, and all sorts of things like that.
“But it couldn’t be further from the truth from what we’ve seen. He’s enjoyed himself, and I was pleased to give him a lap of honour after last week’s meeting to say thank-you to the supporters, and for them to thank him.
“He dropped everything at short notice to come over from Australia to join us, and I’d certainly look at him again for the future. He’s been a perfect professional during his time with us, and I wish him all the best at Plymouth.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming Emil back next Friday against Scunthorpe. He’s been out practising over the last week or so including at Peterborough, and it will be good to have him back with us.”

ENDS

spons-strip_peterborough_pr.jpg

so you definitely ARE running next Friday - so that means that I can DEFINATELY  book and sort out my travelling (I will obviously accept things if it rains)

25 minutes ago, startline sid said:

so you definitely ARE running next Friday - so that means that I can DEFINATELY  book and sort out my travelling (I will obviously accept things if it rains)

Well going by the BSPA fixtures for July I'd hang fire until the powers that be confirm :neutral:

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Well going by the BSPA fixtures for July I'd hang fire until the powers that be confirm :neutral:

So would I. That whole weekend has all the ingerdients to fear a financial disaster

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

So would I. That whole weekend has all the ingerdients to fear a financial disaster

Why anyone else reading this below from the Lakeside website would make plans based on a Peterborough press release is a touch baffling:

"The next meeting at the Arena Essex Raceway, will now be on Friday the 13th of July, when the Sheffield Tigers are due to be the visitors. Cook continued  “This meeting however, and all our other Friday meetings, mysteriously disappeared from the official BSPA fixture list at the end of last week and although the club has yet to receive any explanation from the Association, the SCB (Speedway Control Board) has reassured us on the continuation of our season, but has asked us to move our meeting with Peterborough from crowded Fridays to ease the problems one or two clubs are having with guests,

which we view as an eminently sensible request to solve this  situation :blink:

“We have a (BSPA) Association meeting next week and I expect the matter to be sorted easily there. The Association by its name is there for all clubs and not for the few, as the few can’t race against themselves.  A problem has been identified and there are enough speedway related brains there to sort out the issues in a fair and even manner, and one which doesn’t present clubs with a situation that could prove terminal to their season.

We’ve lost one speedway club this week and I’m sure when my fellow members attend next week, the gravity of that situation won’t go amiss when all matters are discussed.”

Strange policy to knacker up some clubs for the greater good when it's effectively panic mode and the usual self interest!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, startline sid said:

Yes, Peterborough v Scunthorpe on 13th July goes ahead as scheduled.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Thanks Neil

As I understand it, a fixture like the Peterborough-Scunthorpe meeting next Friday isn't caught up in the general flap over too many Friday fixtures (and shouldn't have been swept off any BSPA fixture-list) because it involves a well-established Friday side as the visiting team, hence it's easing the pressure of too many teams all wanting to host meetings on the same Friday night by pitting two of them against each other.

The biggest problem in this saga is that Workington (officially still a Saturday track) requested the use of 6 Fridays out of 7 starting tonight (6-13-27-July, 3-10-17-August, missing only the Pairs Friday at Somerset during GP-weekend) and were granted them several months ago only to have that sequence ripped up just a few days ago along with orders for Peterborough and Lakeside to do likewise with their Friday home dates.

Workington have been allowed to go ahead with tonight's meeting against fellow-Saturday side Berwick on a Friday because traditionally that fixture's staged on an off-night at Derwent Park as Berwick's off-night use of Shielfield Park is more limited than most.

But if you think the Panthers are stuck with a disjointed home schedule, spare a thought for anyone involved at Workington (officials, riders or fans) who tonight have only their 5th home meeting so far this season (1 in April, 1 in May, 2 in June plus tonight), nothing at home next week (Cup 2nd leg v Newcastle among the Fri-13th wreckage) and nothing at home the following week due to the Somerset/Cardiff double-bill.

Hence only their 6th home meeting won't be until the last few days of July (and that's if they can re-arrange any team to visit them having been told they can't host Ipswich on Fri-27th !!).

9 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

And no doubt Scunthorpe will have the best choice of guests they've had all season?

1 hour ago, arthur cross said:

As I understand it, a fixture like the Peterborough-Scunthorpe meeting next Friday isn't caught up in the general flap over too many Friday fixtures (and shouldn't have been swept off any BSPA fixture-list) because it involves a well-established Friday side as the visiting team, hence it's easing the pressure of too many teams all wanting to host meetings on the same Friday night by pitting two of them against each other.

The biggest problem in this saga is that Workington (officially still a Saturday track) requested the use of 6 Fridays out of 7 starting tonight (6-13-27-July, 3-10-17-August, missing only the Pairs Friday at Somerset during GP-weekend) and were granted them several months ago only to have that sequence ripped up just a few days ago along with orders for Peterborough and Lakeside to do likewise with their Friday home dates.

Workington have been allowed to go ahead with tonight's meeting against fellow-Saturday side Berwick on a Friday because traditionally that fixture's staged on an off-night at Derwent Park as Berwick's off-night use of Shielfield Park is more limited than most.

But if you think the Panthers are stuck with a disjointed home schedule, spare a thought for anyone involved at Workington (officials, riders or fans) who tonight have only their 5th home meeting so far this season (1 in April, 1 in May, 2 in June plus tonight), nothing at home next week (Cup 2nd leg v Newcastle among the Fri-13th wreckage) and nothing at home the following week due to the Somerset/Cardiff double-bill.

Hence only their 6th home meeting won't be until the last few days of July (and that's if they can re-arrange any team to visit them having been told they can't host Ipswich on Fri-27th !!).

Always two sides but shocking on the face of it.

• Like 1