British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

How did you manage to fit in all last seasons fixtures,let's be honest it's rider availability that's causing most of the problems,this needs sorting out and cooperation between Promotions.

Neil already answered that above.

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Any thoughts I had of going now over
No way paying more for 2 meetings... think a few Witches and Hammers fans will say the same....

Especially as the Witches at home to Lakeside on the thursday, then away to Lakeside on Friday... and now expected to pay of a double header that they dont want ... no thanks 

Clearly up to you but looks to me that Panthers  have done all they could do to ameliorate  a situation that we could all have done without

• Like 2

Normally hundreds of  witches fans make the trip, but like you say, I can't see it being many, but they have to race when their landlords allow them.

18 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

It’s a hypothetical question of course as we planned 2018 in the knowledge that the league programme was only for 10 home meetings.

However, had the league been two home and two away (20 home meetings rather than 10) I expect that the Shield would have been shelved. We would have started the season closer to 15th March and no doubt the cut-off would be later than 9th September. We may have run a couple of double-headers, and/or more Fridays in addition to Sundays.

One way or another we would have fitted it all in!

(In 2017 Panthers raced on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - as that was the agility needed to fit in the full programme.)

I would add that fixed race nights in 2018 meant that Championship Clubs couldn’t race on Bank Holiday Mondays which reduces available dates.

Thank you for your answer Neil. Could be a big problem next year if we have 1 big league.

• Like 1

As speedway is in turmoil with fixtures etc in both leagues and rider availability plus the sad demise of Rye House I fear for clubs like Peterborough 

1- track availability due to other events at the showground

2- when the track is available will riders be available 

3- with them been successful so far this season the Panthers could possible have  a league playoff semi final and final, a semi final and final in the knockout cup and in the league shield completion 

4- So if this does happen will the showground be available for these fixtures ,as we all know  the British weather could intervene at anytime for these and other fixtures and will this cause chaos to the Panthers charge

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

As speedway is in turmoil with fixtures etc in both leagues and rider availability plus the sad demise of Rye House I fear for clubs like Peterborough 

1- track availability due to other events at the showground

2- when the track is available will riders be available 

3- with them been successful so far this season the Panthers could possible have  a league playoff semi final and final, a semi final and final in the knockout cup and in the league shield completion 

4- So if this does happen will the showground be available for these fixtures ,as we all know  the British weather could intervene at anytime for these and other fixtures and will this cause chaos to the Panthers charge

I think Panthers will need assurances from showground management for this season , next season is a different kettle of fish but i'm sure Ged and his management team will be doing everything possible to keep Panthers running .

• Like 1

So what dates will be available towards the end of the season if you continue to be successful? If, for whatever reason, you suffer with rider availability, I am sure promotions will bow to your needs for the best guests possible if this occurs.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

So what dates will be available towards the end of the season if you continue to be successful? If, for whatever reason, you suffer with rider availability, I am sure promotions will bow to your needs for the best guests possible if this occurs.

Hi Scorpion

Was the Scunny v Pan, and the fours get videod ? been trying to buy these  DVD`s and so far had no replies, have tried Alex  Raby  but not had any reply at all

jimg

I'm sorry for putting this on here but was wondering if Neil could answer a question since he knows the rules pretty well.  Can Cook ride for Glasgow?  There used to be a rule on gp riders.  

I think GP riders are not or was not allowed to ride in the Championship (ex PL). The exception being if he qualified while riding in the Championship then he can sign for that club. It might be only at start of the season, though, as I have seen this question raised before.

On 7/9/2018 at 1:32 PM, wealdstone said:

Clearly up to you but looks to me that Panthers  have done all they could do to ameliorate  a situation that we could all have done without

perzactly....  

but some people will seize upon any stick with which to beat Peterborough Panthers :rolleyes:

As a neutral, I quite fancy attending the double-header on 5 August - I'd be interested to know what the admission charge will be.

12 hours ago, White City Rebel said:

As a neutral, I quite fancy attending the double-header on 5 August - I'd be interested to know what the admission charge will be.

I would have enjoyed watching the double header planned on Sunday as well,  but can understand why they chose to change things.