Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

You must be the only Tigers's fan that feels that way. Everyone else I've spoken to think we got rid of the wrong guys, both on and off the track.

Nope, we didnt get rid of enough guys. Harris and Sarjeant should have gone too when Kerr got injured as we had some points to play with. Had Worrall continued with us in the same vein his average would have been heading to 7 or just below. Not good enough!

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

You must be the only Tigers's fan that feels that way. Everyone else I've spoken to think we got rid of the wrong guys, both on and off the track.

I would not want Richie back infact we got shot of the wrong Richard in the close season.

He has found his comfort zone over east and he is doing well and fair play to him.

But back to Glasgow not for me. But i think Bomber will be back with the Panthers next season hasn't really settled with us.

Edited by Gazc

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

You must have been talking to the wrong people. Worrall cost us last year with his shenanigans and this year his constant 'I love Stuart and want him back or I'm not playing crap' which was ironic as Stuart wanted rid but the Facennas thought they should retain at least one rider. And just so your clear Stewart walked he wasn't got rid

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flappy said:

Surely we could do better than Jorgensen?

It could turn out to be a very shrewd move Panthers may have offered him the chance to ride at Workington  the following Friday where I believe he can be very good around derwent park and as there will be 6 championship teams in action that night booking him early could be a bonus.

13 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Deary me.

Sorry boss - grovel grovel grovel.

Remind me to keep schtum should I venture onto Panters territory again.

Humour obviously doesn'y exist in those parts and there was me thinking it was just Norfolk.

Why do you feel the need to insult a whole region of people? The vast majority of folk in this part of the world have a sense of humour when the subject matter is amusing, unfortunately yours very rarely is. 

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Why do you feel the need to insult a whole region of people? The vast majority of folk in this part of the world have a sense of humour when the subject matter is amusing, unfortunately yours very rarely is. 

Oh the irony. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

It could turn out to be a very shrewd move Panthers may have offered him the chance to ride at Workington  the following Friday where I believe he can be very good around derwent park and as there will be 6 championship teams in action that night booking him early could be a bonus.

Six Championship sides riding on a friday now thats a rare one off thing these days

9 hours ago, Gazc said:

But i think Bomber will be back with the Panthers next season hasn't really settled with us

Harris, Nicholls and MPT wont all get a team place at Peterborough as well as the Ulrich factor, perhaps a swap with Ipswich is on the cards , Nicholls for Drew Kemp!!!!! 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

And just so your clear Stewart walked he wasn't got rid

I think most people understand that it’s the why that’s still to be revealed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Absolutely but doubt it ever will.

10 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Forget the above we can't use Jorgensen at Workington as he will be there with Redcar the week before so the 8 day rule will apply which means back to the drawing board , as I see it David Bellego could be one of the better options if available as there is very little else we can turn to. I suppose  Lasse Bjerre would be available though as at present he hasn't  a British club  the only other rider maybe worth a shout is Jake Allen and he certainly owes Panthers after his last guest booking at the showground.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Maybe he was asked to do some work

45 minutes ago, Isotonic said:

Don't think the 8 day rule applies if he is replacing the No.1. Could be wrong though.

Well it's only a couple of weeks ago that Lakeside had booked Steve Worrall to guest for the sick Richard Lawson at Workington and on arrival discovered that they couldn't use him because of the 8 day rule and then had to revert to   R/R at NO;1.

Did say I could be wrong. Should have done the research. The 8 day rule doesn't apply if the guest is replacing the home No.1

• Like 1