British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

14 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Last time I saw Barker ride for Panthers he turned up with 1 bike that didn't work & had to borrow bikes.

And still managed to beat a flying schlein....whatever happens i have been well and truely wrong about panthers this season thought scunny and sheff would be pushing for top spot and panthers would be fighting for wooden spoon with Berwick. How wrong could 1 be

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I'd sign Barker over Ostergaard on that average for next season and get him some decent bikes 

I think the jury are out on that one, seem to remember Panthers loaning him some equipment before and he was devious or reluctant to return it, caused quite a bit of ill feeling with Panthers management at the time, great to watch him on good machinery  ,good to watch him when he is in full flow , but you have to look at the whole package with Ben

7 minutes ago, hans fan said:

And still managed to beat a flying schlein....whatever happens i have been well and truely wrong about panthers this season thought scunny and sheff would be pushing for top spot and panthers would be fighting for wooden spoon with Berwick. How wrong could 1 be

You are not alone on that, lots of people got it wrong but that's the trouble with predictions pre season, the teams that start the season are all subject to changes along the way and it totally throws a spanner in the works.

From what I have heard Peterborough are set to stick with Barker for the playoffs and are loaning him the Ashtech club engine that Nicholls was using in his few matches when he was flying.

I do agree that not much between Barker and Wright but Barker more prepared to put it all in and a better team man.

The 2015 situation people are mentioning was to do with a rolling chassis that the club provided that the rider failed to return but there is more to it with the club not keeping their end of the deal with things but all patched up now and I hear Ged was one of the first people in contact with Ben when he had a big crash at Sheffield earlier in the season.

• Sad 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:27 PM, flagrag said:

From what I have heard Peterborough are set to stick with Barker for the playoffs and are loaning him the Ashtech club engine that Nicholls was using in his few matches when he was flying.

I do agree that not much between Barker and Wright but Barker more prepared to put it all in and a better team man.

The 2015 situation people are mentioning was to do with a rolling chassis that the club provided that the rider failed to return but there is more to it with the club not keeping their end of the deal with things but all patched up now and I hear Ged was one of the first people in contact with Ben when he had a big crash at Sheffield earlier in the season.

Panthers have listed for Rye House away k/o cup meeting  Ben Barker as guest at NO1 , I was under the impression that they couldn't use the same guest in away meetings for an 8 day period can Neil Watson possibly explain this .

15 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Panthers have listed for Rye House away k/o cup meeting  Ben Barker as guest at NO1 , I was under the impression that they couldn't use the same guest in away meetings for an 8 day period can Neil Watson possibly explain this .

I read in this week's Speedway Star that they have booked Chris Harris for the meeting at Rye House, then Ben Barker for the one at Peterborough. If that's correct, it's a little odd that the Panthers own preview does not reflect this.

Edited by White City Rebel
additional text added.

Good move seeing Harris has been a Rye House rider for half the season..

See on the Premiership pages its rumoured that Peterborough are one of four Championship teams along with Glasgow, Ipswich and Sheffield to be moving up a league. 

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

See on the Premiership pages its rumoured that Peterborough are one of four Championship teams along with Glasgow, Ipswich and Sheffield to be moving up a league. 

Think the same was rumoured last season to..would be a good move for our 2 clubs though...with more local meetings

Edited by Baldyman

Think the top league teams are desparate for a few to move up rather than have to accept a watered down one big lead

Dont see how Boro could if fixed nights remain

i think Sunday afternoon works well at the Showground, be a shame to move away from that

19 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Couldn't they do a swindon? It doesn't bother them about race nights.

No way could a team in the top league run on a Sunday afternoon

27 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think the top league teams are desparate for a few to move up rather than have to accept a watered down one big lead

Dont see how Boro could if fixed nights remain

All speculation at the moment and it all depends on what form the leagues take,  I will be happy which ever is the race day and would accept either league as long as it is competitive.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevehone said:

i think Sunday afternoon works well at the Showground, be a shame to move away from that

Made me chuckle when Rathbone said that you can't beat speedway under lights. Certainly no chance of that on a Sunday afternoon.

Edited by Crump99