British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

2 hours ago, Argos said:

Out of interest were the Peterborough Promoters in attendance at the AGM ?

No  they were not permitted Ged was under suspension and Trevor Swales retired at the end of 2017 season. No information was received by the promotion from the BSPA AGM  for well over week and any news of decisions made, the only way of finding out was through social media. So Peterborough were behind those that attended meeting  on  the outcome of the meeting, but that should not be used as an excuse why they are behind with team building.

7 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

No  they were not permitted Ged was under suspension and Trevor Swales retired at the end of 2017 season. No information was received by the promotion from the BSPA AGM  for well over week and any news of decisions made, the only way of finding out was through social media. So Peterborough were behind those that attended meeting  on  the outcome of the meeting, but that should not be used as an excuse why they are behind with team building.

Trevor could have attended if the will was there, as he would still have been an active promoter.

• Like 2

It’s all very well claiming at Peterborough we’re behind this that and the other but lakeside tried to sign nicholls and kennett months ago, were told sorry they’re not eligible for championship racing this (something I think is unjust and ridiculous I might add) but rather than sulk and get to nearly February without an alternative they said right what are we going to do then that’s messed our plans up.....put their heads together and signed Lawson/morris, similarly Lawson was going to Sheffield until this happened - Sheffield aren’t still sitting here saying we should be allowed so sign scotty or lakeside should have been so we can have Lawson - plans changed they were proactive got on the phone to lasse and brought him back

i genuinely think it’s ridiculous that kennett and scotty and maybe Hans (although don’t know if he really would’ve dropped down) have been blocked, seems a pointless rule harshly affecting very few riders and achieving nothing, but it’s not like they’re not allowed to sign for just one club....it was the same for everyone, it’s equally unfair to move the goalposts 3 months later to benefit a couple of teams when everyone else has built their teams within the parameters set out.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

workington did not attend the meeting either , yet they have completed their team .  maybe peterborough should join the new ish thing thats doing the rounds , its called communication  to the out side world . oh and the even newer interweb thingy . 

no excuses for ignorance !

It's pretty obvious the panthers are waiting for the rule change to be made official and then they can announce Scott and an other.  

The whole thing is yet another total farce.......perfect for speedway.  

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 4

i dont understand why peterborough are waiting for a rule change . its done them no good having great riders in the team , you have to cut your cloth to suit how fat you are . . 

one man cant win a team event , (apart from the 4s) home advantage an all that ..the governing body needs to make the rules (like they did) AND STICK TO THEM . 

HOW HARD CAN IT B ?

4 hours ago, 89buttons said:

It’s all very well claiming at Peterborough we’re behind this that and the other but lakeside tried to sign nicholls and kennett months ago, were told sorry they’re not eligible for championship racing this (something I think is unjust and ridiculous I might add) but rather than sulk and get to nearly February without an alternative they said right what are we going to do then that’s messed our plans up.....put their heads together and signed Lawson/morris, similarly Lawson was going to Sheffield until this happened - Sheffield aren’t still sitting here saying we should be allowed so sign scotty or lakeside should have been so we can have Lawson - plans changed they were proactive got on the phone to lasse and brought him back

i genuinely think it’s ridiculous that kennett and scotty and maybe Hans (although don’t know if he really would’ve dropped down) have been blocked, seems a pointless rule harshly affecting very few riders and achieving nothing, but it’s not like they’re not allowed to sign for just one club....it was the same for everyone, it’s equally unfair to move the goalposts 3 months later to benefit a couple of teams when everyone else has built their teams within the parameters set out.

Well said 89buttons, I totally agree , why should the rule change now to benefit certain teams!! If Lakeside were told it was a no go why they bloody hell should the rule be reversed now, its a farce !! I agree they shouldn't have been blocked in the first place but that shouldn't change now , it will depend how well you are in with the so called BSPA committee , if it benefits them and their teams it will happen :rolleyes:

I don't think those that makes the rules have the plums big enough to say no the rules are staying as they are. We shall find out in very soon.

Hope Kennett & Nichols are riding in the Championship next season, because on their day, they are very entertaining. If it's not Panthers, I will still enjoy them when they ride at our track. It will also make teams more even, which should provide a close league. 

• Like 3

Most teams have built their teams as the rules are now so ALL teams should abide by them.

IF they decide to change the rule to allow 6+ PL riders in, then changes CAN be made AFTER the season has started & after the rider to be changed has ridden a certain number of meetings of after a set date. That way, it is fair for all clubs.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I don't think those that makes the rules have the plums big enough to say no the rules are staying as they are. We shall find out in very soon.

Certainly will, next Tuesday I Hear. Neither promotion was at the AGM for different reasons, so it can be argued the rest voted for something without realising they were chucking top British talent on the scrap heap and leaving teams understrength with no genuine no 1. U turns are all the rage in politics so why not BSPA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

Hope Kennett & Nichols are riding in the Championship next season, because on their day, they are very entertaining. If it's not Panthers, I will still enjoy them when they ride at our track. It will also make teams more even, which should provide a close league. 

so just how do they/you determine the top league from the 2nd tier  league in speedway when all the riders are the same in both leagues ?

and then there is a small matter of scott being a presenter on B.T.  sports when the G.P.s are on and him being in the team in the championship on a Saturday night cant use r/r for a rider presenting speedway on the box , can you ? 

workington  will be moving their race night when cookie rides in 2018 so it will not have any issues with fans wating to stop at home and watch one of Cumbrias finest . 

AHH , Scott Nicholls , the man that wont ride in the cold .  bless .

Edited by jenga