British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Utter farce if it’s bacon, no disrespect but a tail end of Bacon/Grondal and Lambert with a poor second and third heatleader if you can even call it that is hardly going to draw the crowds needed.

Sad but true, will take some thumping away from home. 

Will still support the side but the ability to get a decent side from the off is worrying and actually getting pretty tedious now. No doubt we will make a few signings and be a real force when it’s all too late and with the lack of fixtures this year there is a good chance of that happening. 

• Like 1

Who could be signed instead of Bacon to take you up to the limit? 

If we were going to sign bacon then either of MPT or Ully shouldn’t have been signed imo

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I have no doubt Scotty would do well if signed and also know he would have to work miracles to maintain a 9.72 average what bothers me is the long tail of under achievers Panthers have got , I don't want to see a one man show , what I want to see is a team that can  compete. This is a pigs ear of a team.

The main problem you’re having is Ged’s Loyalty to certain riders who are past their sell by date and have no improvement in them. Until he changes his philosophy then it’ll continue to be more of the same. Again, changes will almost certainly be made and trophies are handed out in October not March. 

Even if the team to start with isn’t to your liking, at least you have one of the best tracks in the country and are almost guaranteed to be entertained every other week. Lunna will love the Showground when he gets to grips with it it’s right up his alley. He’ll be a big favourite. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Who could be signed instead of Bacon to take you up to the limit? 

No complaints about the possibility of signing Tom Bacon he has improvement in him, it's the whole balance of the  side in general which is wrong , even a schoolboy could get nearer to 42.50 than what is anticipated , I can see a few home defeats and some away thrashings on the cards with the proposed septet and by the time they are able to make any further changes it will be too late.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

If we were going to sign bacon then either of MPT or Ully shouldn’t have been signed imo

You were not going to sign him though..this has only come about because of the nicholls rule.  What your team was going to be would be interesting to find out.

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

You were not going to sign him though..this has only come about because of the nicholls rule.  What your team was going to be would be interesting to find out.

It probably isn't worth knowing. It's pitiful. 

Good grief that team is poor.

Nicholls (won't improve his average)

Lambert (proven not to be a number 2)

MPT (No improvement on that average at all)

Lunna (May be the surprise but spends a lot if time injured)

Ostergaard (Not a number 5 any longer.  Will end the season with a similar average)

Grondal (where's the evidence that he's improved from the last time he was here? Strange signing)

Bacon (Better away from home than at home.  Another odd signing leaving us well under the limit.)

Replacing Ostergaard with Kennett would fit but won't happen.

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Not barmy at all, it's wholly dictated by stadium availability.

If you ask for dates so late then what do you expect. It's been this way for years.

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Not barmy at all, it's wholly dictated by stadium availability.

We'd have been screwed then if we'd have had a proper fixture list then.

12 hours ago, Bash said:

Have Peterborough pulled out of the KOC as fixtures have Lakeside against Ipswich and not Peterborough who they were due to face in the first round.

Championship KOC 2nd round - Ipswich v Lakeside or Peterborough

Sunday 15 July  PETERBOROUGH PANTHERS v IPSWICH WITCHES/LAKESIDE HAMMERS (H) 5pm KO Cup

certainly got me confused :blink:

Edited by Crump99

9 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Championship KOC 2nd round - Ipswich v Lakeside or Peterborough

Sunday 15 July  PETERBOROUGH PANTHERS v IPSWICH WITCHES/LAKESIDE HAMMERS (H) 5pm KO Cup

certainly got me confused :blink:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/kocup18

I believe the draw was incorrectly reported in some places.

Sunday 15th July is scheduled as Peterborough's home leg of the quarter-final.

34 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/kocup18

I believe the draw was incorrectly reported in some places.

Sunday 15th July is scheduled as Peterborough's home leg of the quarter-final.

https://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.33591

Well it’s the same “official” SGB Website that reported it incorrectly!

Clearly states on their press release after the AGM Ipswich vs Lakeside or Peterborough. 

Neil thoughts on the team selection and being rumoured to be 1.5 points under limit 

53 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.33591

Well it’s the same “official” SGB Website that reported it incorrectly!

Clearly states on their press release after the AGM Ipswich vs Lakeside or Peterborough. 

The SGB website has been changed in the championship KOC section today but not in the fixtures section.

How can it be reported on the SGB site one way after the AGM and then 2 months later be changed. Another case of pi$$ up in brewery syndrome.