British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

3 hours ago, crazyb said:

If they ask for dates at the end of the previous season there wouldn't be a problem, but they just don't.

Do you know that for a fact? Even if they did/do there would still be problems and the same issues.

4 hours ago, crazyb said:

If they ask for dates at the end of the previous season there wouldn't be a problem, but they just don't.

Neil Watson who I am sure knows more about availability of showground than you does not seem to agree with you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Neil Watson who I am sure knows more about availability of showground than you does not seem to agree with you.

What makes you so sure

2 minutes ago, crazyb said:

What makes you so sure

I'd guess because he is once again and has been before a promoter at the club dealing with such matters. We don't know what your credentiails are to match your confidence that you know more?

5 hours ago, Flappy said:

Jacob Buckhave posted a picture of himself  in a Panthers race jacket on his FB page apparently.

4 pointer but not a very good one 

How can you say not a very good one when he hasn't had the chance to race last season properly for a team? I have watched him race at individual meetings and the lad done bloody well with a third overall at the Caledonian Riders event. He done well at a Berwick meeting, Julie Lewis and the Silver Helmet scored Nine points only outscored to get in the finals. The lad raced against more well known and riders doing more events last year and beat them. I hope it's not too late for him to get a ride somewhere this season.

5 hours ago, Speedway4ever said:

How can you say not a very good one when he hasn't had the chance to race last season properly for a team? I have watched him race at individual meetings and the lad done bloody well with a third overall at the Caledonian Riders event. He done well at a Berwick meeting, Julie Lewis and the Silver Helmet scored Nine points only outscored to get in the finals. The lad raced against more well known and riders doing more events last year and beat them. I hope it's not too late for him to get a ride somewhere this season.

I just checked back on the above mentioned meeting and to be honest with you it was a pretty poor class of riders on show you should take  a look back at them and note how many are going to be riding in the championship in 2018 . I would say with those on display he done just about what would have been expected of him . Granted he may have improved since then , I have seen him race around the showground in a couple of races and I didn't see anything about him that made him look anything like the standard required , is he worth a gamble that I'm not sure about but having a 4 point average would save the managements embarrassment for  team building purposes .   I would rather they gave #7 to Tom Bacon with a 2.60 average who is British .

Edited by New era Panthers

7 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I just checked back on the above mentioned meeting and to be honest with you it was a pretty poor class of riders on show you should take  a look back at them and note how many are going to be riding in the championship in 2018 . I would say with those on display he done just about what would have been expected of him . Granted he may have improved since then , I have seen him race around the showground in a couple of races and I didn't see anything about him that made him look anything like the standard required , is he worth a gamble that I'm not sure about but having a 4 point average would save the managements embarrassment for  team building purposes .   I would rather they gave #7 to Tom Bacon with a 2.60 average who is British .

This and grew the cojones to make a change and sign Kennett and Nicholls.

13 hours ago, crazyb said:

What makes you so sure

Because he is right.

You clearly have no idea how it works because if you did you would know that we talk to the Showground about the following years dates before the current season is finished.

On 1/24/2018 at 9:16 PM, Redandblackattack said:

Why are people so negative ? Tom Bacon made good progress last year, and I think he could be even better this year just give the lad a chance

Bacon wouldn't improve his average in my opinion, because a lot of teams have got stronger number 7 riders this season. 

24 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Bacon wouldn't improve his average in my opinion, because a lot of teams have got stronger number 7 riders this season. 

Problem is there  is very little talent left on the shelf to pick from  plan A is a mess already .

23 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Max Clegg now free?

Max  is very poor around the showground   with a 4.15 average take away 2.5 % would make his average  4.04 , 625    which is classed as4.05 and with Nicholls on 9,72 that would be 0,01 over 42.50 limit   so no great loss and glad to dodge a bullet I hope he gets fixed up with a team place maybe Newcastle would suit him better.

Edited by New era Panthers