Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Changed the named race day for the reason you say but Sundays started back end of 2014 and have predominantly continued that way ever since. You can see the logic for logistics and the potential crowd increase from visitors but that's countered by lack of riders and a seeming lack of ambition if there really is any desire to return to what's left, in name anyway, of top level speedway in GB.

Unfortunately there seems little ambition from the Promoters or the majority of remaining fans to return to the so called top flight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a simple fact of sport, it doesn't matter what day of the week it is, or what sport it is, if the team is getting beaten regularly ... the crowds will drop!!

Doesn't take a genius to see that!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dodger Blue said:

It's a simple fact of sport, it doesn't matter what day of the week it is, or what sport it is, if the team is getting beaten regularly ... the crowds will drop!!

Doesn't take a genius to see that!! 

Looks like we better get used to it then or stop going altogether. No ambition is a bad sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Unfortunately there seems little ambition from the Promoters or the majority of remaining fans to return to the so called top flight

"Top Flight" that's a laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Unfortunately there seems little ambition from the Promoters or the majority of remaining fans to return to the so called top flight

Forgive me for stating the bleedin obvious, if he has to take a "handout":wink: to keep second tier speedway running, how the heck do you expect him to afford top tier:blink:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wonder if ged,s still got K.K.H.s mobile number ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Badge said:

Forgive me for stating the bleedin obvious, if he has to take a "handout":wink: to keep second tier speedway running, how the heck do you expect him to afford top tier:blink:

Nobody has ever claimed that what you refer to as a hand out was  vital just to keep things going.  As it happens it was not that long ago that Ged himself claimed that there was no reason why Panthers should not return to the top flight at some point . Perhaps the tone has changed a bit now that the mafia are on his case. I also am convinced that majority of the remaining fan base prefer Premier league for some reason.

Financially I also believe Ged when he says that Panthers have never owed money to anyone whilst he has been in charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

a

You were saying ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tsunami said:

You were saying ?

I wasn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tsunami said:

You were saying ?

"Medium-sized insectivore with protruding nasal implement."

I've done "C" and "D."

"Big blue wobbly thing that mermaids live in." - "C"

I'm quite pleased with my definition of "dog" for "D": which is, "Not a cat." :)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

"Medium-sized insectivore with protruding nasal implement."

I've done "C" and "D."

"Big blue wobbly thing that mermaids live in." - "C"

I'm quite pleased with my definition of "dog" for "D": which is, "Not a cat." :)

Cant wait for your definition of "P" guessing its something to do with the fact theres plenty of them on here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Cant wait for your definition of "P" guessing its something to do with the fact theres plenty of them on here?

P is already dealt with - "pericombobulation"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

P is already dealt with - "pericombobulation"

How come autocorrect didn't become involved:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy