British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

43 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Deliberately riding to lower their average will cost them money will it not?

It could be termed as making an investment for the next season by deliberately  riding to lower their average as long as they have enough in reserve to sustain this. It could be something like not updating equipment until the following year and then a bumper year ahead with new bikes .

1 hour ago, jenga said:

looking forward to everyone doing a screeny !

You're such an old cynic Jenga .

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

So 2 BPL number 1s are allowed to ride in a lower easier league. Ridiculous.

Chris Harris didn't exactly win all his races  last season so it's not that easy. :D I don't take any interest in statistics though so I don't know what his final average was.

11 hours ago, jenga said:

looking forward to everyone doing a screeny !

what is that ?

15 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Deliberately riding to lower their average will cost them money will it not?

Depends on the financial arrangement!

4 hours ago, Mark said:

what is that ?

its when a guy rides well below their potential in order to gain a place with a certain Scottish team (elite  league at the time. ) .he was that slow the previous season..  the belle vue graders lapped him !

Edited by jenga

22 minutes ago, jenga said:

its when a guy rides well below their potential in order to gain a place with a certain Scottish team (elite  league at the time. ) .he was that slow the previous season..  the belle vue graders lapped him !

Cancelled my Speedway Star Subscription , all i need to do is log in here read Jengas post's all the hot topics you need save money sorted.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Gemini said:

Chris Harris didn't exactly win all his races  last season so it's not that easy. :D I don't take any interest in statistics though so I don't know what his final average was.

7.63 which equates to just under 10.00 in the BCL where he only averaged 8.44 for Peterborough last season. I agree that he hardly set the woods on fire but the point is if they used current BPL averages he would have to be given a 10.00 to ride in the BCL 2018. 

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

7.63 which equates to just under 10.00 in the BCL where he only averaged 8.44 for Peterborough last season. I agree that he hardly set the woods on fire but the point is if they used current BPL averages he would have to be given a 10.00 to ride in the BCL 2018. 

Only averaged 8.44.

Given the choice he would be the first name on the team sheet for me, utter box office, a class act and an out and out racer and a bloody nice chap to boot.

• Like 5

how far off is hans knees and bumpsadaist  signing for you guys . or are you looking to get R/R for the whole season .

i think ged will leave it until the last min and then the muppets @ the muppet house will cave in and it will be all restrictions lifted  and cats end up with hans and scott .

all in the best interest of the sport , of course ..

5 hours ago, jenga said:

how far off is hans knees and bumpsadaist  signing for you guys . or are you looking to get R/R for the whole season .

i think ged will leave it until the last min and then the muppets @ the muppet house will cave in and it will be all restrictions lifted  and cats end up with hans and scott .

all in the best interest of the sport , of course ..

If those Muppets had not brought in such a stupid, unfair rule in the first place, they would not be facing another overrule (if it does get overruled) by the SCB.

Jimg 

I can see the sense behind the rule but to implement it in such a way that it excludes two Brits from extra racing in the UK that they need and to deprive second division fans from seeing them was awful decision making. 

Anyway hopefully we'll get an update soon so that the poor little obsessed jenga can get a sound nights sleep and not have to worry any more.

what do you mean by obsessed ?  its good to see you  sticking  on your thread instead of being obsessed with other teams threads .

if it was not for people posting , there would be no forum .you have to have input from somewhere to keep the threads alive . 

happy postin !