British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The problem is it always seems just another matter of time before another winter of discontent and self implosion.  

Nobody can tell me though that it was only the potential fine that seens us track this side. 

It surely would've been cheaper to track 7 british riders instead of the three 3rd rate Danes and the seemingly injury prone Finn. 

You unfortunately don’t seem able to grasp what’s happened this year despite the fact that you appear to have had sight of much of the evidence.

11 hours ago, Noodles said:

Ged 3 - BSPA 0

I bet they hate him!...bunch of clowns.

12 hours ago, Noodles said:

Ged 3 - BSPA 0

Reminds me of this infamous quote: " Today we were unlucky, but remember we only have to be lucky once." - obviously in totally different context but I'm sure that Rathbone will have to be on his guard for a good while yet.

Edited by Crump99

12 hours ago, Noodles said:

Ged 3 - BSPA 0

where it's got panthers ??? , its not helped them build a decent side  has it  ??? if you keeping  5h1tting  on a doorstep you'll end up stepping in it  , looking at panthers  side  they've  stepped in a heap of it . so what's ged   won  out this battle  ??? another upcoming season of uncertainty

Edited by hans fan
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, hans fan said:

where it's got panthers ??? , its not helped them build a decent side  has it  ??? if you keeping  5h1tting  on a doorstep you'll end up stepping in it  , looking at panthers  side  they've  stepped in a heap of it . so what's ged   won  out this battle  ??? another upcoming season of uncertainty

Well it would have been a hell of a lot worse if he didn't win wouldn't it?

The team isn't great admittedly, but we haven't turned a wheel yet people are talking crap about not seeing the season out. 

13 hours ago, Noodles said:

Ged 3 - BSPA 0

That's not right ,nothing to do with Ged , just no thought given to another rule by the BSPA that was  not going to work , they are to blame,  just another massive upset for British speedway, really spoilt what is normally an exciting time for fans waiting for their teams new season signings,  John Cook could have fought this, but no, as soon as he knew about Scotty, signed ,LAWSON, MORRIS and  ELLIS  in one hit ,no problem for him,  Jack . sod ,  alright,  comes to mind        

1 minute ago, Irk Deflector said:

Think it might be 3-1 with BSPA ensuring Four Team Tournament went to Redcar. 

Peterborough were never going to be the hosts, apparently, due to not being able to get the Showground

Edited by StevePark

Panthers fans. Your team is not that bad if you think forward after the first set of GSA's come out. Grondal will be sacked after about 4 weeks because Nicholls's average will drop to 8.50 or something like that.

IMO Peterborough are only one change away from becoming a top 4 side. Peterborough already have a better line-up now then 5 teams for starters. 

Berwick - No firepower. Doolan and Howe are past there best. Summers is not a No.1

Edinburgh - Team of reserves apart from Wells and E. Riss. 

Redcar - 2 riders riding in the 1-5 who have never ridden British tracks before. Also Barker and Kus as a top 2 is a weak pairing

Newcastle - Terrible team. 

Workington - Don't have a No.1. Klindt averaged 5.68 or something like that when he last rode in the 2nd tier. Unreliable team tbh. 

only 6 teams in the championship this year . thats cutbacks for ya !

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, Taylorj said:

Absolutely disgusting if its true , how the hell can they justify the overturn when Lakeside were unable to sign them at the start of the season.. or any other team for that matter,. to be honest I don't think Nicholls or Kennett are that amazing these days anyway...complete farce :mad:

But it complies with the law.  Were you also proposing that Nick Morris, Chris Harris, Danny King, Steve Worrall, Rory Schlein, Richard Lawson, Kyle Howarth and Charles Wright, all with PL averages >6 be stopped from riding CL, because that would at least have been fair?

Yep, the discrimination was disgusting, hence the swift action from the SCB.

In years gone by 1st Div averages were doubled when riders went to the 2nd division (halved if going the other way) and therefore it was impossible to go above 6 as that would make it over 12 in the 2nd div.  The fact that riders who now ride in both demonstrate a much lower conversion is the reality says a lot about the strength of the leagues.  Not long before an amalgamation I think as Mon/Weds will be financial ruin for some of the top division clubs. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

But it complies with the law.  Were you also proposing that Nick Morris, Chris Harris, Danny King, Steve Worrall, Rory Schlein, Richard Lawson, Kyle Howarth and Charles Wright, all with PL averages >6 be stopped from riding CL, because that would at least have been fair?

Yep, the discrimination was disgusting, hence the swift action from the SCB.

Swift action ? The AGM finished on 20th November 2017 . The SCB resolved the matter on 23rd Feb 2018. You seriously call that swift action? I'd call it appalling incompetence.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Swift action ? The AGM finished on 20th November 2017 . The SCB resolved the matter on 23rd Feb 2018. You seriously call that swift action? I'd call it appalling incompetence.

I don’t often agree with EI Addio but he is spot on with this one, although if my information is right it was only announced on the 23rd Feb, it was decided a while ago

Edited by bigcatdiary

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

Peterborough were never going to be the hosts, apparently, due to not being able to get the Showground

Allegedly the Rugby Clowns were so happy and telling everyone what a success it was last year they forgot to thank the Peterborough promotion for staging it, and on a point of principle Mr Rathbone said Peterborough would not stage it this season. But the official line might be the Showground is not available.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

Sunday's have been made available in June, July and August for Speedway!