British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

9 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

In isolation that's all Peterborough may have gained but since Holdergate the BSPA haven't been allowed to run in their usual unnacountable self interest manner, so in the longer term Rathbone's fights might benefit everybody.

I genuinely hope you are right but the fact that they tried to enforce this rule after 'Holdergate' doesn't fill me with confidence that they will now start to behave with a great deal more responsibility. 

Sadly, I think it will only be a temporary setback to the way they run things with Rathbone becoming even more isolated than before. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I genuinely hope you are right but the fact that they tried to enforce this rule after 'Holdergate' doesn't fill me with confidence that they will now start to behave with a great deal more responsibility. 

Sadly, I think it will only be a temporary setback to the way they run things with Rathbone becoming even more isolated than before. 

The Mafia have long memories and usually get their revenge on those that don't conform

17 minutes ago, Flappy said:

But how many would've had offers from other clubs?

That speaks for itself really. I was just looking for the positive in the example and that's the best that I could come up with.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Well I hope that he's got fellow promoter friends with similar spirit because I imagine that the hardliners are less than happy and plotting to get even (3-0 can become 3-3 very quickly in Speedway World). It'll go one of two ways so one of us will be right.

Edited by Crump99

19 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Swift action ? The AGM finished on 20th November 2017 . The SCB resolved the matter on 23rd Feb 2018. You seriously call that swift action? I'd call it appalling incompetence.

You misunderstood - the swift action I referred to was by the SCB when confronted with what they could see was against the law.  As far as I know they weren't involved until relatively recently.  Not the BSPA, who seem utterly incompetent.

35 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

You misunderstood - the swift action I referred to was by the SCB when confronted with what they could see was against the law.  As far as I know they weren't involved until relatively recently.  Not the BSPA, who seem utterly incompetent.

Possibly when Scott waded in with lawyers and a QC or two they stepped in:unsure:

Pity now this has been overturned, people can't all do the same for the young guys starting out in the sport who can't get a place due to overseas riders,needing visas to ply their trade here, like Nathan greaves,  Joe Jacobs and Ellis perks. 

They too might be multi British champs, good servants to the sport, if only they were given the chance.

Edited to add, sorry should probably put the second bit of this post on the other thread:rolleyes:

Edited by Badge
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Greaves is already a multi British Champion. 

Think how many more he could achieve, if he too could earn from 2 leagues:rolleyes:

Just saying

• Like 1

There is still a potential place at Newcastle for Nathan - It would be great if he secured that.

• Like 2

I have given up all hope of a return to proper speedway. Seems little enthusiasm from management  or most of the remaining fan base

9 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Don't agree Chris. Only if Ged tries something on will he get opposition, abide by the rules and it's welcome back. Don't forget you have to work together every week in the background regarding fixtures , guests, etc, so no point in making it harder to cooperate with each other. Every team needs favours from the rest of BSPA from time to time, to resolve issues ongoing all year.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

It’s the SCB. Look how the sport is structured:-

The ACU are the internationally recognised body controlling all motorcycle sport in the this country. They have delegated the SCB to run the sport of speedway on their behalf. The SCB in turn have delegated the BSPA to manage the sport on a day to day basis but crucially theSCB retain sole responsibility to initiate and interpret the rules, Thus the rule book is the SCB Speedway Regulations not the BSPA Speedway Regulations,. In fact the very first rule in the book says “Specifically the powers of the SCB are to produce these regulations and have SOLE RESPONSIBILITY for all or any dispensations” .  The Buck clearly stops with the SCB.

The BSPA drafted the proposed rules last November. The problem with Nicolls and Kenneth was known about almost immediately when Lakeside were told they couldn’t sign them. The SCB have responsibility for the rules, they knew or ought to have known what the issue was. The problem is the tail is too often allowed to wag the dog where the SCB and BSPA are concerned.

Personally I am just happy I get to buy another panthers team shirt and support the team for another year.

Its become a bit of a tradition now in the winter, to visit the annual "will we / wont we debate at the showground - but so be it.

Heres to Ged for securing at least one more year at the Showground - if it stops, we all loose. Sometimes its good to remember that.

I enjoy winning as much as anyone else, but am quite happy to rock along and see some familiar faces drifting round the boards for my fix. Personally I prefer the likes of Ostergaard and Lambert coming back each year, instead of some random Dane who couldnt care less. Team continuity is important to me - I hate starting a season and thinking "Who the hell are these guys?", "my team" is just a list of riders, I dont like it. Seeing Ulrich and Simon rock up makes me feel like someone other than me cares about the result of this meeting, instead of just being another rider out for a paycheque.

Anyway, I digest.

Heres to another season!! Panthers!!!!

• Like 2