British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

3 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Felt the same last year but if needs must I think that all options should be considered properly. He'd have to change that bloody awful tune though!

He's the only stand out rider that maybe available at this point, it's not a question of his ability but more about availability and ethics involved . Fans should remember he was only part of the blame for what happened in 2017 .  I must admit to sitting on the fence in this instance.

16 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Poole fan telling Panthers who they should sign , he's had some very poor meetings as well at the showground .

Just think he would be a good fit.

Personally if he would ride for us I would have him tomorrow, he certainly isn’t getting many rides for Torun this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Probably forgot to sign into the account name he uses when on panthers threads.

Only got one account......I'm allowed to share the same view as the majority on here. 

2 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

He's the only stand out rider that maybe available at this point, it's not a question of his ability but more about availability and ethics involved . Fans should remember he was only part of the blame for what happened in 2017 .  I must admit to sitting on the fence in this instance.

Surely it was his choice where he rode so I'm afraid that he was wholly to blame and others got caught up trying to make the best of a bad deal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Surely it was his choice where he rode so I'm afraid that he was wholly to blame and others got caught up trying to make the best of a bad deal.

Yes that was my take on the whole sorry mess but it never felt like Jack and Ged parted company on bad terms so never say never - just get the T's crossed and the I's dotted to make his contract watertight. 

1 minute ago, maneacat said:

Yes that was my take on the whole sorry mess but it never felt like Jack and Ged parted company on bad terms so never say never - just get the T's crossed and the I's dotted to make his contract watertight. 

I'd agree with that but I doubt that Poland and watertight are compatible at the end of the day.

9 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Kus for Grøndal makes sense, he rides well around the EOES and he was a 7.50 average rider, he can’t be any worse than a 5.20 untried rider IMO. 

9 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Kus for Grøndal makes sense, he rides well around the EOES and he was a 7.50 average rider, he can’t be any worse than a 5.20 untried rider IMO. 

I would go KUS as reserve for Tom Bacon, and bring in a 5 plus to ride at No 2, with BWD at 3 would be strong all way down, and if Emil gets back to fitness we have an option. Thats if  Ged cannot get another Kennet Type

Jimg 

1 minute ago, jimg said:

I would go KUS as reserve for Tom Bacon, and bring in a 5 plus to ride at No 2, with BWD at 3 would be strong all way down, and if Emil gets back to fitness we have an option. Thats if  Ged cannot get another Kennet Type

Jimg 

Good call, but i have my doubts that Bacon will be sacrificed. Kus would be a match winner at reserve that's for sure ...

As far as I am concerned Holder is Persona  Non Grata

1 hour ago, maneacat said:

Looking at the latest set of averages  issue 9  which is dated   04/ 06 / 18  Panthers would not be able to fit Jack Holder In as we only have 6.94 to play with and yet on the previous set dated 31 /05 /18    7.48  was enough to take team total to the max 42.50  and in between these dates we havn't had any meetings so how can they alter like this

4 minutes ago, blupanther said:

Good call, but i have my doubts that Bacon will be sacrificed. Kus would be a match winner at reserve that's for sure ...

I have a feeling Tom Bacon might well be sacrificed 

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Looking at the latest set of averages  issue 9  which is dated   04/ 06 / 18  Panthers would not be able to fit Jack Holder In as we only have 6.94 to play with and yet on the previous set dated 31 /05 /18    7.48  was enough to take team total to the max 42.50  and in between these dates we havn't had any meetings so how can they alter like this

Best not to delve. I'm sure that someone understands it, or thinks that they do. That wasn't a prompt for anyone else!

Edited by Crump99

1 minute ago, New era Panthers said:

I have a feeling Tom Bacon might well be sacrificed 

Surely if one of the reserves is off it'll not be Bacon.

2 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Surely if one of the reserves is off it'll not be Bacon.

Holder would be an ideal replacement if it would fit with averages and a guarantee not to miss any meetings , big doubt here and should that not be viable then I could see  M.Kus  coming in at reserve and a new to Britain rider on 5.20  coming in or maybe still use R/R for Grondal   with the chance of a return when fit or still a possibility for Nicki Lunna .