British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

20 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Looking at the latest set of averages  issue 9  which is dated   04/ 06 / 18  Panthers would not be able to fit Jack Holder In as we only have 6.94 to play with and yet on the previous set dated 31 /05 /18    7.48  was enough to take team total to the max 42.50  and in between these dates we havn't had any meetings so how can they alter like this

New averages were issued on 1st June (based on meetings up to 23rd May) which changed the team total and hence the scope for team changes.

15 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Best not to delve. I'm sure that someone understands it, or thinks that they do. That wasn't a prompt for anyone else!

Sorry :-)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Holder would be an ideal replacement if it would fit with averages and a guarantee not to miss any meetings , big doubt here and should that not be viable then I could see  M.Kus  coming in at reserve and a new to Britain rider on 5.20  coming in or maybe still use R/R for Grondal   with the chance of a return when fit or still a possibility for Nicki Lunna .

All sounds a right dogs dinner. I'll wait and see what transpires. Averages, permutations and rules just send me to sleep.

7 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

New averages were issued on 1st June (based on meetings up to 23rd May) which changed the team total and hence the scope for team changes.

Sorry :-)

So  what does issue 9  04 / 06 / 18 have any meaning for or  as it makes no sense to me  and there can't be any other people who can understand it either.

20 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

So  what does issue 9  04 / 06 / 18 have any meaning for or  as it makes no sense to me  and there can't be any other people who can understand it either.

The 'Kennett Window' was opened and has now closed ;)

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

The 'Kennett Window' was opened and has now closed ;)

Your guess is as good as mine  , how can any riders average change when they hav'n't ridden in any meetings between sets of averages issued ?

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Your guess is as good as mine  , how can any riders average change when they hav'n't ridden in any meetings between sets of averages issued ?

Because there are two different ‘kinds’ of green sheets - immediate changes where there is a team change, a rider gains an established CMA rather than assessed etc, and the monthly revised averages which are issued based on historic data.

It is complex, especially when there’s a mixture of rolling and assessed averages and team changes over the month-end.

I’ll come back to this later and try and illustrate how Panthers recent changes were arrived at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Because there are two different ‘kinds’ of green sheets - immediate changes where there is a team change, a rider gains an established CMA rather than assessed etc, and the monthly revised averages which are issued based on historic data.

It is complex, especially when there’s a mixture of rolling and assessed averages and team changes over the month-end.

I’ll come back to this later and try and illustrate how Panthers recent changes were arrived at.

Thanks Neil.

With the June averages Peterborough would have 7.10 to use if replacing Grondal - Kennet's June ave would be 6.85 (5.27 x 1.3) so he still fits (if he recovers before Grondal)!

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Rolling  avs that  will come in next period, trouble is as newer riders get their 4 H 4A,  a new list is issued with their effective date ,and Panthers have at least twice,  had Lunna in and not BWD, a right mess

jimg

12 minutes ago, jimg said:

Rolling  avs that  will come in next period, trouble is as newer riders get their 4 H 4A,  a new list is issued with their effective date ,and Panthers have at least twice,  had Lunna in and not BWD, a right mess

jimg

BWD still at Worky according to the latest averages, maybe that signing has been undone, who knows ?

18 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

BWD still at Worky according to the latest averages, maybe that signing has been undone, who knows ?

Hardly, Camptons done at least two meetings since then.

Dont confuse Team Declarations with Team GSA, although the BSPA Office are making a good attempt.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

With the June averages Peterborough would have 7.10 to use if replacing Grondal - Kennet's June ave would be 6.85 (5.27 x 1.3) so he still fits (if he recovers before Grondal)!

which at this stage doesn't help as other team members averages will change.

51 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Scott 7.74

Ulrich 7.41

Michael 6.68

Bradley 5.90

Emil 5.04

Simon 4.80

Tom 3.03

Team total 40.60 so 6.94 is the figure

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Which is exactly why I bang on about 'team redeclaration protocol'

To me it would make much more sense that if when any team redclares that all avearges are adjusted to the up to date figures including all meetings regardless of cut off dates

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

What could possibly go wrong?

That's not a go at you Neil but every time you try to explain it just clarifies why speedway now sits between netball and lacrosse in the sporting importance list.

When you say two kinds of green sheets I assume that you mean the real ones and the made up ones that the powers that be follow. It has to be complex or fans would understand it and be right all of the time, that'd never do :o

• Haha 1