British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

14 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I thought both guests were good on Sunday as Jorgensen covered for Nicholls well.

There certainly doesn't appear to be many riders on a similar average to Nicholls available. 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

There certainly doesn't appear to be many riders on a similar average to Nicholls available. 

Bomber is probably the best bet when available ....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Bomber is probably the best bet when available ....

Honestly

Panthers have about 10 more fixtures to fit in possibly, Ben Barker is an asset and as Redcar have finished their season I can see Ben being utilised to the max as it will give continuity, also I cant see the reason to use a rider from a team who could be in the opposite side of the pits come the play offs!

Regards
THJ

Thought you couldn't use guests from other play off teams?

41 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Panthers have about 10 more fixtures to fit in possibly, Ben Barker is an asset and as Redcar have finished their season I can see Ben being utilised to the max as it will give continuity, also I cant see the reason to use a rider from a team who could be in the opposite side of the pits come the play offs!

Regards
THJ

30 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Thought you couldn't use guests from other play off teams?

I think you both missed the 'when available' bit  :neutral:

38 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

I think you both missed the 'when available' bit  :neutral:

Honestly

I got that; however as good as Bomber is he wouldn't be my first choice for the reasons stated, but knowing Ged he will do his own thing and whatever that is it will be what he considers to be the most beneficial option for the Panthers regardless. However my point was giving Bomber practice now with the Panthers before the play offs when you might meet them in those matches doesn't appeal and that's why I suggested Barker who has no potential conflicts of interest now (or in future matches) added to which as a Panthers asset he may have more loyalty and connectivity with the club than some other riders

Possibly?

Regards
THJ 

26 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I got that; however as good as Bomber is he wouldn't be my first choice for the reasons stated, but knowing Ged he will do his own thing and whatever that is it will be what he considers to be the most beneficial option for the Panthers regardless. However my point was giving Bomber practice now with the Panthers before the play offs when you might meet them in those matches doesn't appeal and that's why I suggested Barker who has no potential conflicts of interest now (or in future matches) added to which as a Panthers asset he may have more loyalty and connectivity with the club than some other riders

Possibly?

Regards
THJ 

Is Bomber not a Panthers asset also ? However, i do understand your thinking on the matter  :t:

• Like 1

What a pointless match at Birmingham tonight, Birmingham with none of there 2018 riders and Peterborough with just two and as theres only six riders listed for the Panthers assume its Rider Replacement as well. Why not use some of the younger riders, its not even an inter lge match its a match of two select teams

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

What a pointless match at Birmingham tonight, Birmingham with none of there 2018 riders and Peterborough with just two and as theres only six riders listed for the Panthers assume its Rider Replacement as well. Why not use some of the younger riders, its not even an inter lge match its a match of two select teams

Think they are using a six man format - ready for next year......

17 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Both teams will have only  6 riders as  this is thought to  be part of the "exciting"  new plans  proposed by the mafia.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

James Shanes ???

Apologies forgot Shanes is riding for the Brummies this season . 

Says nothing on the Peterborough website about six man teams so wrongly assumed it was seven aside as normal. 

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Apologies forgot Shanes is riding for the Brummies this season . 

Says nothing on the Peterborough website about six man teams so wrongly assumed it was seven aside as normal. 

The preview states it’s a 6 man team with 15 heats, third paragraph down. 

I do agree though, seems unnecessary. I get that Ully needs to get race fit but is it worth the risk of him getting injured?

7 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

I do agree though, seems unnecessary. I get that Ully needs to get race fit but is it worth the risk of him getting injured?

Whoops having a mare today hope specsavers are doing an offer on eye tests think i need one!!!!! 

Thought that as it was listed as an inter lge match that it was mostly going to be NL rider standard teams. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

While I can see why most Panthers fans view this meeting as a waste of time I can also see it as a chance to test the water to see if it's a viable idea to move up a division for Birmingham and they must be hoping that a sizable increase in attendance turns up to watch it , sadly I can't see many Panthers supporters making the visit for what I would describe as a totally meaningless match between 2 teams that you could hardly call representative of there clubs 

• Like 1