British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Trouble is more people will most likely turn up than normal then the promotors of Birmingham speedway take the plunge then find themselves in trouble as the crowds dont return again,

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Panthers have about 10 more fixtures to fit in possibly, Ben Barker is an asset and as Redcar have finished their season I can see Ben being utilised to the max as it will give continuity, also I cant see the reason to use a rider from a team who could be in the opposite side of the pits come the play offs!

Ben Barker after his showing at Birmingham has to be considered now, think Lambert didnt mix it in case of injury before his wedding day which is understandable. 

Edited by scoobydoo

19 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Ben Barker after his showing at Birmingham has to be considered now, think Lambert didnt mix it in case of injury before his wedding day which is understandable. 

How long has he been planning his wedding for? ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think they are using a six man format - ready for next year......

If they use 6 man format next year I wont be at all happy, we tried this idea over a whole season a few years back in the elite league . I didn't like it then and unless they use a totally different format then I wont be wasting my money on something I found pretty boring , there will be 3 riders classed as heat leaders and 3 classed as 2nd strings with no reserves  . Chapman and Godfrey can think again , taking away the traditional way of 7 rider teams which has been a constitution for 50 years plus is not the answer  .

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

How long has he been planning his wedding for? ;)

A few years now for sure but would you risk the wrath of the bride if he got injured two days before her big day especially after his recent injury problems.

28 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

If they use 6 man format next year I wont be at all happy, we tried this idea over a whole season a few years back in the elite league . I didn't like it then and unless they use a totally different format then I wont be wasting my money on something I found pretty boring , there will be 3 riders classed as heat leaders and 3 classed as 2nd strings with no reserves  . Chapman and Godfrey can think again , taking away the traditional way of 7 rider teams which has been a constitution for 50 years plus is not the answer  .

Would hinder the progress of riders like Kemp and Bacon.

54 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

The Mafia care not a jot for what fans think!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

The Mafia care not a jot for what fans think!!

Then it's time they woke up and took notice before they nail the lid on the sport completely

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Then it's time they woke up and took notice before they nail the lid on the sport completely

Only one more nail to go!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Would hinder the progress of riders like Kemp and Bacon.

There is no format that will hinder the progress of Kemp

9 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Chapman and Godfrey can think again , taking away the traditional way of 7 rider teams which has been a constitution for 50 years plus is not the answer  .

They can think again and again AND again but they are not the right brains to come up with something that will aid the viability of UK speedway. Both should retire to the "country" and tend to their own clubs - become backbenchers at the BSPA. They can then carp from the sidelines as they did before they were given the chance to be "glorious leaders of the new era" ( Mark Xlll ).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Depends which version of the six man format it is, the 1997 one was ok but then they came up with a version in 1998 with nominated heats throughout the programme which favoured top heavy teams and was garbage.

Also worth pointing out that whoever comes up with whatever idea it’s still got to be voted through by the promoters collectively. 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Depends which version of the six man format it is, the 1997 one was ok but then they came up with a version in 1998 with nominated heats throughout the programme which favoured top heavy teams and was garbage.

Also worth pointing out that whoever comes up with whatever idea it’s still got to be voted through by the promoters collectively. 

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/18332/birmingham-peterborough-challenge-12-2018?page=2&scrollTo=369918

Pairings 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6 all meet each other in first nine heats, for 10-12 the pairings split up, 13 and 14 are nominated from the four lowest scorers, Ht 15 is two top scorers from each team.

27 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/18332/birmingham-peterborough-challenge-12-2018?page=2&scrollTo=369918

Pairings 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6 all meet each other in first nine heats, for 10-12 the pairings split up, 13 and 14 are nominated from the four lowest scorers, Ht 15 is two top scorers from each team.

That sounds very similar to the 1997 Elite League version?

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

That sounds very similar to the 1997 Elite League version?

I am sure you are correct and it wasn't a success then , this idea will just drive more people away , it's not a solution  it's a call from the grim reaper.

• Like 1