British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

I'd rather have the club closed down than the BSPA receive any sort of payment from us.

Life goes on.

Speedway is going the same way as the Tory party, the demographic will be dead in 20 years.

J C F talking out of his arse again.

Where does Trevor Swales fit in to all of this, my goodness he's been through loads of co-promoters in his time with the Panthers!!

Where does Trevor Swales fit in to all of this, my goodness he's been through loads of co-promoters in his time with the Panthers!!

Promoter in name only as far as I know he hasn't got any money invested in Peterborough.

Now Now Badge. :D:P

• Like 1

Surely Peterborough got some compensation from Torun so they could use Holder? If not then wow what a disastrous decision from the Peterborough promotion. They knew it was against the rules.

Jed Rathbone has only got his self to blame for this as he broke the rules and did it knowingly without thought of the possible consequences for the future of the club and I have little sympathy for what he has done ,as for Holder he should have told the Poles that he has a contract with Peterborough and will honour it but when available to ride in Poland then he would like to be given a chance , instead he has put himself up for the greedy money rather than the bread and butter money, just shows where is priority's lay and its certainly not at Peterborough.

All you panthers fans can help pay geds fine, someone has set up a just giving page.

We've been there and done that already got the T- shirts bought the videos and now we are the mugs.

• Like 1

Why would Jacks priorities be at Peterborough when he has Poole and Torun? Earns more money at his other clubs, Peterborough is just an easy extra pay check for him, I dont blame him for wanting to ride in Torun to be honest its gonna better his career riding with the big boys, whos he riding with at Peterborough? Ulrich and Harris 😂🙈

Why would Jacks priorities be at Peterborough when he has Poole and Torun? Earns more money at his other clubs, Peterborough is just an easy extra pay check for him, I dont blame him for wanting to ride in Torun to be honest its gonna better his career riding with the big boys, whos he riding with at Peterborough? Ulrich and Harris

If he had any decency about him he would have honoured the contract he signed before the Poles came a knocking. That's why.

• Like 1

Why would Jacks priorities be at Peterborough when he has Poole and Torun? Earns more money at his other clubs, Peterborough is just an easy extra pay check for him, I dont blame him for wanting to ride in Torun to be honest its gonna better his career riding with the big boys, whos he riding with at Peterborough? Ulrich and Harris 😂🙈

Without the help of British speedway Holder wouldn't get the chance to ride in Poland full stop.

Also where would Holder be without British speedway? Oh yeah still riding in Australia.

• Like 1

Why would Jacks priorities be at Peterborough when he has Poole and Torun? Earns more money at his other clubs, Peterborough is just an easy extra pay check for him, I dont blame him for wanting to ride in Torun to be honest its gonna better his career riding with the big boys, whos he riding with at Peterborough? Ulrich and Harris

I think it's fair to say that your post shows that you have no perception of the real issue here.

• Like 3

If he had any decency about him he would have honoured the contract he signed before the Poles came a knocking. That's why.

i don't blame holder 1 bit , you have to blame our promoter if he had the balls to stand up to him holder would have been banned

the happy clappers just don't get it , panthers are in this mess because the promoter has been taking the p155 out of members of the bspa and paying public on numerous occasions if ged had done the right thing for the club and not holder (or the alledged hush £££ ) panthers would have been just fine

JCF does grate on the nerves somewhat

I think it's fair to say that your post shows that you have no perception of the real issue here.

The real issue is Ged not Jack, Ged allegedly took a backhander off Torun and let him miss big meetings for you, if Ged didnt let him, jack would of had to ride for Peterborough or been banned, jack done what he was told to do, I agree the punishment is excessive and the people in charge are just pushing their weight about but jack is not to blame for it

Lets be honest:

Ged/Jack and the BSPA are all at fault, but you can see why they all done what they did.

Jack took the money and experiance, and a ticket for Poland next season

Ged took the money from Torun

BSPA throw their weight around and act as the big i am.

From a fans point of view, Jack has let the club down, by choosing a team who didnt want to use him earlier in the season, Ged as let the fans down by lining his pockets, but he may have had too to keep the club running, but losing Holder has lost the edge massively recently. BSPA are a joke, plenty other things going on, but nothing done. Shouldnt have allowed it in the first place, we wouldnt be in this situation.

• Like 3

Ged knew what he was doing by letting Holder ride elsewhere and took a hefty sweetener to do so. He lined his pockets and had scant regard for his fellow promoters or fans of opposing teams when the Panthers came to visit. He did it for himself and thought nothing would be done... unlucky!

• Like 5

Ged knew what he was doing by letting Holder ride elsewhere and took a hefty sweetener to do so. He lined his pockets and had scant regard for his fellow promoters or fans of opposing teams when the Panthers came to visit. He did it for himself and thought nothing would be done... unlucky!

Hard to disagree tbh! But I wouldn't want to lose ANY club over something like this, which could happen.