British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Ged knew what he was doing by letting Holder ride elsewhere and took a hefty sweetener to do so. He lined his pockets and had scant regard for his fellow promoters or fans of opposing teams when the Panthers came to visit. He did it for himself and thought nothing would be done... unlucky!

Do you know this for a fact? How much was it ?

Although he was wrong to take the stance he did I do actually have some sympathy for Ged.

He said the deal struck suited all parties involved yet he seems to be the only one of the 4 to be hit.

• Like 2

A few days ago the talk was of a return to proper Speedway now it whether there will be any at all.

Lets be honest:

Ged/Jack and the BSPA are all at fault, but you can see why they all done what they did.

Jack took the money and experiance, and a ticket for Poland next season

Ged took the money from Torun

BSPA throw their weight around and act as the big i am.

From a fans point of view, Jack has let the club down, by choosing a team who didnt want to use him earlier in the season, Ged as let the fans down by lining his pockets, but he may have had too to keep the club running, but losing Holder has lost the edge massively recently. BSPA are a joke, plenty other things going on, but nothing done. Shouldnt have allowed it in the first place, we wouldnt be in this situation.

You're 2/3rds right, but for once, the BSPA/SCB have done the right thing. How could they have stopped it in the first place, other than using Spanish police tactics at Stansted Airport?

• Like 2

You're 2/3rds right, but for once, the BSPA/SCB have done the right thing. How could they have stopped it in the first place, other than using Spanish police tactics at Stansted Airport?

Suspend Holder for the rest of the season instead of taking the piss out of the promoters we have faced without Holder. Then it wouldn't seem like we had a facility etc. That's what I mean.

• Like 1

Suspend Holder for the rest of the season instead of taking the piss out of the promoters we have faced without Holder. Then it wouldn't seem like we had a facility etc. That's what I mean.

Suspend Holder for Rathbone's flouting of the rules? The MC correctly refused to sanction the request but Rathbone went ahead anyway.

Although he was wrong to take the stance he did I do actually have some sympathy for Ged.

He said the deal struck suited all parties involved yet he seems to be the only one of the 4 to be hit.

And what about the fans? How exactly have we benefited in this sorry saga? We've been expected to turn up and watch when our number 1 has decided he'd rather be elsewhere & now face the very real risk of losing our club.

Holder has secured his Torun team place, Ged has the money - and what have we got?

• Like 1

4 what?

"Ourselves, Torun and Jack have come to an agreement that suits us all." - that's 3.

• Like 1

Suspend Holder for Rathbone's flouting of the rules? The MC correctly refused to sanction the request but Rathbone went ahead anyway.

I'm not convinced that it was quite that simple. Of course we'll never know because the detail is rarely forthcoming.

• Like 1

Maybe Ged had little choice. Could it have been along on the lines of Holder the Younger saying to Ged, either let me go when they want me or I'll call it a day at Peterborough ? Ged then getting a reward from Torun for playing ball.

The whole situation, to me, just shows where British Speedway stands. Nowhere.

Maybe Ged had little choice. Could it have been along on the lines of Holder the Younger saying to Ged, either let me go when they want me or I'll call it a day at Peterborough ? Ged then getting a reward from Torun for playing ball.

I suspect you are right in your conjecture.

In my view Ged will not or cannot pay the fine suggested to be in the region of £45000 and presumably will remain suspended until he does.

He has also said that fans will not be asked for a hand out again.

Unless the fine and suspension are rescinded or a credible buyer for the club found I fear Panthers are finished.

Between them Rathbone, Holder, BSPA and SCB have made a right ruddy hames of it.

of course he had a choice , let holder go to torun and get guests (not n.l riders ) meaning holder would have had a 28day ban

I suspect you are right in your conjecture.

In my view Ged will not or cannot pay the fine suggested to be in the region of £45000 and presumably will remain suspended until he does.

He has also said that fans will not be asked for a hand out again.

Unless the fine and suspension are rescinded or a credible buyer for the club found I fear Panthers are finished.

Between them Rathbone, Holder, BSPA and SCB have made a right ruddy hames of it.

can't see what the bspa /scb have done wrong , the only 1 who has done wrong is ged to publicly state he's quite happy for holder to miss a bspa event and then furthermore miss various other matches is rubbing further salt in the wounds of speedway in this country

• Like 3

Agree Ged in wrong but now another club likely to go to the wall.Should have thought of the future of Peterborough and Speedway in general when deliberating over the punishment.

Edited by wealdstone

Agree Ged in wrong but now another club likely to go to the wall.Should have though of the future of Peterborough and Speedway in general when deliberating over the punishment.

you cant work like that.

If a promoter thinks he can get away with something or the punishment will be minimal because he cries 'it could close us down' then thats exactly what he will do.

• Like 4