British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Premiership Grand Final 2nd Leg - Wolves Vs Swindon 4 Oct

Like the bit in the rules for the golden heats about the "lowest scoring reserve" presumably that is "on the night" as against " average" however is that with bonus pts or without bonus pts ??

Like the bit in the rules for the golden heats about the "lowest scoring reserve" presumably that is "on the night" as against " average" however is that with bonus pts or without bonus pts ??

One assumes if said lowest scoring reserve has been struck down with an illness it moves up to the other reserve...

Wolves 42 - 48 Swindon

And then I woke up :wink:

It wouldn't surprise me in all honesty. :t:

Obviously I would like to see Swindon win but I would be happy if they took the fight to Wolves and gave a good showing - like they should have done on Monday. Given that Swindon haven't won at Wolves this season, it would be a tall order but anything can happen in speedway. May the best team win.

Wolves 42 - 48 Swindon

And then I woke up :wink:

Of course I would rather be our position than yours,but without Lindgren and Thorssell, anything can happen. I don't think Harris has been as good at Monmore this year as in previous years. Also using r/r the remaining top 5 riders HAVE to be on form.

One outcome of this rather astonishing Final is that Rory Schlein may well be Wolves captain in 2018.

Obviously I would like to see Swindon win but I would be happy if they took the fight to Wolves and gave a good showing - like they should have done on Monday. Given that Swindon haven't won at Wolves this season, it would be a tall order but anything can happen in speedway. May the best team win.

So long as speedway wins then amen to that.

I was bitterly disappointed leaving last night and resigned myself to the fact we had lost it. Now as the day has gone on im starting to think we can turn it around which means only one thing. Even bigger disappointment when we get smashed tomo!!!

Are there any Swindon fans who can't make it going to any pubs to watch it on the box? I know the steam used to be decent for the GPs and im going there Saturday for Torun but wasnt sure whether anyone bothers with league matches.

One outcome of this rather astonishing Final is that Rory Schlein may well be Wolves captain in 2018.

Well that depends upon unknown BSPA rules yet to be decided at the AGM and whatever out averages total up to. We must be over the current limit, which would lead to very difficult choices. Assuming Lindgren and Thorssell can resume their careers, they should be the first names on the team sheet.

Speedway is so unpredictable and who would have thought Wolves could have won at Blunsdon against the odds.

However, I'm going to be frank here....Swindon's record at Monmore is poor. I've also previously said that unfortunately Morris and Doyle are always liable to the odd exclusion in a vital race (Morris proved my point in the home leg).

This is a bridge too far for the Robins. Wolves attitude at Blunsdon has to be admired. A monumental win. Their momentum will carry them to back to back title wins.

Well that depends upon unknown BSPA rules yet to be decided at the AGM and whatever out averages total up to. We must be over the current limit, which would lead to very difficult choices. Assuming Lindgren and Thorssell can resume their careers, they should be the first names on the team sheet.

Agreed. However, Rory as third heat leader sounds good: and Wolves seem to build teams top down. I imagine PA has been impressed so far.

Pearson was really irritating regarding Wolves causing a shock score line every heat,somebody should tell him it can happen ,no need to tell the viewers every 10 seconds.Just tell them the score.

If Poole were ever in this situation they'd have five riders go down with a sudden illness causing their withdrawal, leaving their top two to race in every heat.

Bit harsh we dont always cheat! Edited by foreverblue

If Doyle is being cautious at Swindon(don't really blame him given his situation)he better make some cracking starts at Monmore ,as can't see him wanting to get in tight 1st bends there.

If I was Rosco I'd be showing my team a copy of the Swedish play off final which shows that anything is possible.