British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Premiership Grand Final 2nd Leg - Wolves Vs Swindon 4 Oct

Probably enjoyed this final as much as any other. Good meeting, Good racing, Close scores, Useless Starting Marshal , ( surely he could see the tapes were slack?? ) Last heat decider, everything you would expect from a tight final.

I give Wolves a lot of credit for the way they fought to the end. To compete without you top 2 men and only lose by a solidary point is truly remarkable. It's probably, possible to replace Freddie and Jacob on away tracks, but to replace them at home is nine-on impossible. It was always the home leg where they were going to suffer. I appreciate it was not their fault, but had Swindon been forced to compete without Dolye and Morris, the match would've been over after the first leg. Those two riders acquired half of all Swindon points.

So congratulations to Swindon, ( I can't imagine how it feels to win, Ha Ha !!) to me you deserve the crown for the form shown in the league. Had you have lost last night it really would have been unforgiveable against such a weakened side...

NB. So pleased Woffy wasn't given permission to ride for Wolves , At least the BSPA got that one right .

And best Wishes to Jason Doyle at the weekend. So want him to win the World Championship, as he is one of the few who still supports our league racing, here in the UK..... :t::t:

As a Wolves fan Ive complained about the tapes for some time. Amazed the Wolves promotion have not done anything about it.About time said start marshall was put out to grass.

ame="Tric trac" post="3041952" timestamp="1507151101"]

That was kind of the point I was trying to make to another poster. Clearly you were unaware of that

Fair comment

The original point was lost in the whirlwind of posts last night

Harris was poor, very poor and in reality probably cost Wolves the trophy.

Only in British Speedway could a rider from another club (ie Guests) cost you the title!

Where is the criticism of Riss? After all the stick Tungate got last week Riss couldnt stay on the bike either last night night.

• Like 1

When thirty heats are decided by a single point. it is the unexpected flash of brilliance that turns the result around.

I saw three this week. Liam Carr passing Mark Riss in Heat 2 at Swindon -- who saw that coming? -- David Bellego going from his customary last to second on one bend in Heat 14 last night and Nick Morris coming around the last turn in Heat 13.

What a final! For anyone who doesn't agree with the play-off system, well.........

• Like 5

Where is the criticism of Riss? After all the stick Tungate got last week Riss couldnt stay on the bike either last night night.

Probably because he's a Reserve, they rightly get a bit more leeway.

But I agree, was poor last night. He's been pretty decent away but hasn't fully got to grips with the Monmore track yet as he missed a lot of meetings with an injury mid season.

Well they selected him.

But there was no doubting his effort - as always

Only in British Speedway could a rider from another club (ie Guests) cost you the title!

What an original thought! Edited by Midland Red

People can blame Chris Harris - but do you honestly believe that they didn't ALL give it their best shot? The days of certain top riders regularly scoring 3,3,3,3 are long gone.

Not strictly true. Freddie was unbeaten at the NSS until his dreadful crash and scored a paid maximum in the 1st leg semi. Otherwise a brilliant original post.

Useless Starting Marshal , ( surely he could see the tapes were slack?? )

I have worked with Keith (start marshall) several times and he is one of the most experienced in the business. Isn't he allowed a bad day just like Bomber?

There are Aces and Wolves fans who are a disgrace to their clubs with their behaviour and comments on social media. Fortunately, they are very few in number. Despite the question marks you are again risking inflaming the situation by suggesting that Aces riders took out your top 2. Just as you did with your post claiming that Belle Vue had a deliberate plan to injure Wolves riders.The situation with Thorssell is seen by many as a 50/50 situation and as Adams said, it was a racing accident. Unfortunately, Lindgren was wholly at fault for his accident. The video evidence shown by BT. Particularly the clip shown when Tatum was discussing it with Natalie Quirks shows that clearly and as Tatum commented, Bjerre had nowhere to go.

What is needed are the voices of moderation and common sense on both sides. We know the overwhelming majority of fans of both clubs are well behaved, decent people. It doesn't help when sensible fans from either team try to stoke the fires.

I'm just sick of reading goading posts on social media from Aces fans.

As a Wolves fan Ive complained about the tapes for some time. Amazed the Wolves promotion have not done anything about it.About time said start marshall was put out to grass.

Sorry have to disagree with you there.

New respect from me towards Wolves and their supporters tho. I accused Brum of being biased like Starman once. I would just like to apologise for being so stupid!!!

Thanks thecoombdog, I've really always been pretty unbiased.

Glad you had a great night. You guys deserve it for a superb season.

Best team over the season.

• Like 1

Well done to the Robins. A deserved win in a teriffic final. You have to feel a little sadness for Wolves for whom injuries/guests simply came at the wrong time.

I wonder if this rule might get changed again for 2018?!

Anyway a play-off final with the top two teams over the season - everything is rosy in the Premiership - isn't it?!! lol

• Like 1

There are 2 facts and my opinion about these play off's

Fact 1 Swindon have been the best team over a season, therefore thoroughly deserved their victory.

Fact 2 Wolves put on a fantastic effort and very nearly pulled off what most fans thought was impossible without their top 2. Massive respect to the Wolves team and fans

My opinion. Had the ref seen the video shown on BT, Belle Vue would of been in the final. he didn't they weren't, end of story.

• Like 5

Didn't think Swindon had a chance after Monday but certianly proved me wrong, well done to the Robins.

Great effort by Wolves overall, when you lose that narrowly someone or something will always get highlighted and unfortunately this time it was Chris Harris. No doubt there was nobody more disappointed and frustrated than Chris himself.

• Like 2

Congrats to the Robins and their fans. They have been good at Wolves on all 3 occasions so no real surprise they had the edge without out top 2. Unfortunately for us - we just ran out of race winners. Main positive on the evening was that Nathan Greaves really stepped up and will hopefully be back for a 2nd season, and Rory Schlien proved what a great captain he is. Thank you so much RooBoy! Kyle and Sam, not a lot more they could have done.

The KOC awaits - I know we have Bomber as our guest on friday - but will they try someone new against BV. Nick Morris wouldn't be too bad :D

Lets just hope Freddie and Jacob are fit come March/April...and we do it all again!!

Edited by superguest