British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Premiership Grand Final 2nd Leg - Wolves Vs Swindon 4 Oct

After tonight, can anyone honestly see Swindon somehow managing to win 42-48? Before tonight 42-48 could be expected. However Swindon were so outclassed it would be the biggest comeback since Lazarus.

Well you called it monumentally wrong in the first leg so just maybe they can!!!!!!

Anyway, it isn't an anticlimax for the neutral!

What if 43-47 on Wednesday?

How will so called Golden Heats look like?

Example:

GH1 Masters and Schlein vs. Doyle and Morra and any 5-1 or 4-2 finishes it all? Only in case of a 3-3 draw another pairs are called? Which means it is sudden death formula?

What if 43-47 on Wednesday?

How will so called Golden Heats look like?

Example:

GH1 Masters and Schlein vs. Doyle and Morra and any 5-1 or 4-2 finishes it all? Only in case of a 3-3 draw another pairs are called? Which means it is sudden death formula?

Can you honestly see Doyley going all out when he didn't on his home track, they will certainly need Ellis to up his game because he is usually very good at the Wolves track.

Can't see Swindon winning at Wolves.

Edited by foreverblue

Doyle mised the start twice and on a slick start was not able to pass. SImple. Don't think he wasn't trying.

And even if Doyle, Morris, Musielak and Bellego repeat their scors from 1st leg which they are able to do, there is still plenty of potential improvement in Ellis and BWD scores.

47/48 will not be easy but is realistic.

• Like 1

Doyle mised the start twice and on a slick start was not able to pass. SImple. Don't think he wasn't trying.

And even if Doyle, Morris, Musielak and Bellego repeat their scors from 1st leg which they are able to do, there is still plenty of potential improvement in Ellis and BWD scores.

47/48 will not be easy but is realistic.

How come the Wolves riders managed to pass, Doyle couldn't even pass Riss!

Swindon could do it but all the Wol;ves team go so well at their own track I really can't see it happening.

Anything can happen and Riss fitness is a worry probably. He missed heat 14 yesterday.

Also Masters and Schlein both rode much better than expected and it is not 100% sure they will deliver such scores once again. All to play for IMO.

And back to my question regarding Golde Heat (heats) rules. Anything in a rule book? Anyone?

I can see the un-deserving Robins winning this.

Last night Swindon like most of us on here thought it would be a walk in the park. Swindon wont roll over this time.

48-42 Swindon.

Anything can happen and Riss fitness is a worry probably. He missed heat 14 yesterday.

Also Masters and Schlein both rode much better than expected and it is not 100% sure they will deliver such scores once again. All to play for IMO.

And back to my question regarding Golde Heat (heats) rules. Anything in a rule book? Anyone?

15.15 GOLDEN HEAT RULES

15.15.1 In a series of Golden Heats the 1st Team to secure a heat Advantage is the Winning Team.

15.15.2 Each Team Manager nominates riders for 3 additional heats, using different riders in each heat

(only if nominations are required for further heats may the same riders be nominated).

15.15.3 The team winning the toss of a coin has the choice to either nominate 2nd or choose Gate

position; in subsequent heats this alternates.

15.15.4 After 3 additional heats if no Team has gained a heat Advantage, nominations will continue on

the basis of one heat at a time, with a toss of the coin for every heat; the winning team may

either choose the Gate Positions or nominate 2nd.

15.15.5 Riders may only appear once in every group of 3 additional heats.

15.15.6 A team, with less than 6 riders, may give extra rides to the lowest scoring Reserve (#6 or 7).

15.15.7 For a Starting Offence (Art. 15.3): only the 15-metre handicap option is permitted.

15.15.8 In the case of a re-run without disqualification and a rider is unable to take place in the re-run,

the lowest scoring Reserve (#6 or #7) may be used to take an additional ride.

• Like 1

Thans R&R. Hoping for 43-47 now and at least 3 extra heats!

No thank you ! My heart couldn't take it. Hope the Wolves do the job in 15 heats.

• Like 2

Surely can be only 1 if I read the rule right.

That's how I read it too. First team to gain an advantage wins.

• Like 1

Advantage after series of 3 heats in my opinion? Why should they nominate 3 pairs?