British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Premiership Grand Final 2nd Leg - Wolves Vs Swindon 4 Oct

A cracking final Steve & here's hoping Freddie & Jacob recover well from their serious injuries.

Yes well said sir cracking final and hopefully the they can recoup over the winter not just them two but all the riders

If anything, they showed that Monmore can be ridden successfully by any team when their riders don't go throttle-happy.

Exactly and we'll said. With a small tight track you have to use your brains not full throttle. That's why it's such an exciting teach to watch speedway at.

But Schlein and Masters are third heat leader and second string. Harris didn't turn up and was frankly a disgrace. How would Swindon have done with no Doyle and Morris, with Lindgren and Thorsell riding for Wolves? I doubt it would have gone to heat 30.

Swindon rode against a full strength Wolves earlier in the year without Doyle and Morris, and beat them. It's not as simple as just saying Wolves would have won.

A lot of people blamed complacency on Monday, for example. That couldn't have been an issue against a full strength Wolves.

Great to win the title, but, yes, you do have to sympathise with Wolves. You could see in the interviews during the match that they were losing belief as Swindon began turning the screw.

• Like 3

Chuffed big time for Swindon ! Well done to all of their 8 riders tonight, especially Bomber who played a blinder !!!

Having been told numerous times tonight by Pearson, Tatum, Brandon et al of Mr Doyle being the best rider in the World right now,

I have to whole heartedly agree and fully hope and expect he pulls of the dream in Poland come Saturday evening.

He has been loyal to the speedway set-up in the U.K. this year when the other 'prima donna's' walked away. Big respect Jason Doyle. Hope to see you back in 2018

Swindon were loyal to him as well so a win win for both of them.

Biggest win is for the fans as he is worth watching in a Robins race suit.

• Like 3

He tried hard, but probably blames himself for not getting anything out of heat 14. He looked really upset when getting his runners up medal at Foxhall on Saturday, so probably couldn't face it again! :cry:

If there is a rider anywhere that deserves a trophy more than Nathan Greaves this year its not one Ive ever heard of.

Im sure it will come...

• Like 1

A cracking final Steve & here's hoping Freddie & Jacob recover well from their serious injuries.

Yes it was a great 2 legs. Delighted for you and all Swindon supporters. :t:

• Like 3

Whoever laughed at Swindon Monday I hope you are now eating your words....the cream always rises to the top #hatersgonahate

• Like 5

Exactly and we'll said. With a small tight track you have to use your brains not full throttle. That's why it's such an exciting teach to watch speedway at.

What a turn round for Tobi though who looked class tonight & showed how much he has progressed as a rider.

Chuffed big time for Swindon ! Well done to all of their 8 riders tonight, especially Bomber who played a blinder !!!

Having been told numerous times tonight by Pearson, Tatum, Brandon et al of Mr Doyle being the best rider in the World right now,

I have to whole heartedly agree and fully hope and expect he pulls of the dream in Poland come Saturday evening.

He has been loyal to the speedway set-up in the U.K. this year when the other 'prima donna's' walked away. Big respect Jason Doyle. Hope to see you back in 2018

Big respect to Doyle for been loyal to British speedway but be completely disrespectful to Britain's most loyal and honest servant in the sport over the last 20 years are you for real ????

You have to feel sorry for Wolves, especially only losing by one point but Swindon topped the league table and deserved to win. Not many expected them to win at Wolves because of their home advantage but they never gave up and just about did it in the end.

The track was well prepared, the racing wasn't brilliant but it was ok and the closeness of the score and tense atmosphere made good viewing.

A special mention for Nathan Greaves who showed what he is capable of achieving.

• Like 1

What a turn round for Tobi though who looked class tonight & showed how much he has progressed as a rider.

I'm a little sad we sold Tobi as he clearly looks like he has progressed nicely.

I'd say he has been your signing of the season.

Well done Swindon.

Fluctuating scores all night but 13 and 15 were the downfall for Wolves

Wolves seem to have a habit of losing by one point.....remember the Belle Vue meeting where Bobby Ott won the last heat to clinch the league points on the night by one solitary point.. and hence the title.

I'm a little sad we sold Tobi as he clearly looks like he has progressed nicely.

I'd say he has been your signing of the season.

He completed the team - as we were one rider away from a decent team until that point. I think the whole team have a claim to being signing of the year but for me Morra tops the list Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

A thoroughly gripping meeting (admitedly because of the scoreline rather than the racing) with Swindon deserved champions on the night and over the season. Unlucky on Wolves losing Freddie and Jacob who I feel would have made the difference.

Well done the Robins. Good luck to Doyle on Saturday when he will hopefully clinch that world title. Given a Brit can't win it I'll be cheering for him. I can't begrudge the guy, especially after the way last year's GP campaign ended for him.

• Like 2

Congratulations Swindon, you made me eat my words, after heat 1 it looked for a few heats as if the Robins were again in self destruct mode but came more and more into the meeting as it got into the latter stages. Poor performance from Bomber which i was,nt expecting, great ride from Morris in heat 13, and Greaves was superb he,s really come on this season. The tension came out of the tv screen and it was compulsive viewing, down to the last race of the season and not a ludicrous double tac in sight. Doyley certainly did the job and I really hope he can seal the world title Saturday.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 3