British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Premiership Grand Final 2nd Leg - Wolves Vs Swindon 4 Oct

I really don't see Swindon getting that close myself, Doyle will I think have one eye on Saturday and ride within himself, Harris can go really well round Monmore Bellego has slipped of late, and I think Wolves will be better at reserve. Just hope its good racing for us neutrals.

On which subject, l reckon Zmarzlik's left turn on Lebedevs was about the dirtiest move l've seen in years. Really bad.

Zmarzlick can be a nasty rider...a quality likely to help him become world champ.

If my meeting finishes in South East London on time I am on my way.

Dont believe this tie is over and the hope is we can stay level or nudge ahead early doors. Puts a little pressure back on the Wolves.

Should be a cracking meeting at the horror track

Any issues with the weather?

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

If my meeting finishes in South East London on time I am on my way.

Dont believe this tie is over and the hope is we can stay level or nudge ahead early doors. Puts a little pressure back on the Wolves.

Should be a cracking meeting at the horror track

Any issues with the weather?

Trouble is i doubt Wolves will crumble like Swindon did.

I think it will be close, I seem to remember saying prior to Lindgren's unfortunate injury that I thought both meetings would be close mainly because Freddie would have 6 rides and that would counteract the loss of Thorssell but after the surprising score from Monday I think this may well be very close, I hope so for the neutrals although I appreciate from a Wolves perspective maybe they would like it to be not so close!

If Lindgren was fit you couldn't see how Swindon could possibly win but I think Bomber is a good guest, made a pretty decent overtake on Musielak on Monday and I expect more of the same tonight, he rides the track well and could well be a match winner.

Trouble is i doubt Wolves will crumble like Swindon did.

Given that Swindon have won 8 times already away from home this season, the tie is far from over.

Luckily we are not Poole, otherwise, we would have been so far behind I wouldnt be bothering at all...

• Like 1

Swindon won't make the same mistake twice.

What mistake was that then? Complacency, riders off form, Rosco not on his game, moaning about track not to their liking, bickering between themselves, a rider thinking about his up and coming world title. I'm sure I have forgotten something!

It only takes for one of the Wolves top 3 to have an off day and Swindon will be in there. Realistically Wolves will probably win it by about heat 13 without ever really being under threat but are you telling me if Bomber misses the start in heat 1 and Swindon get a 5-1 and then Bomber spends the rest of the meeting struggling that it's not possible for Swindon to win this?

Whats BWD like at Wolves? I remember him having a great meeting at Rye House so he can certainly ride smaller tracks.

Given that Swindon have won 8 times already away from home this season, the tie is far from over.

Luckily we are not Poole, otherwise, we would have been so far behind I wouldnt be bothering at all...

Earlier in the season when Poole rode at Wolves we won! Last time we only lost narrowly, Last time Swindon were there they got hammered, I know they had Thorssell and Lindgren but they proved on Monday they are not a team to take lightly.

What mistake was that then? Complacency, riders off form, Rosco not on his game, moaning about track not to their liking, bickering between themselves, a rider thinking about his up and coming world title. I'm sure I have forgotten something!

Before Monday, most if not all Wolves fans would have predicted a win for Swindon in both legs.

I don't see any reason to think differently. Swindon won't be complacent and know they have a job to do and will be very, very dangerous.

• Like 1

Just looked at the weather radar and if they get a meeting on tonight I would be very surprised

It only takes for one of the Wolves top 3 to have an off day and Swindon will be in there. Realistically Wolves will probably win it by about heat 13 without ever really being under threat but are you telling me if Bomber misses the start in heat 1 and Swindon get a 5-1 and then Bomber spends the rest of the meeting struggling that it's not possible for Swindon to win this?

Whats BWD like at Wolves? I remember him having a great meeting at Rye House so he can certainly ride smaller tracks.

I don't think you can expect Bomber to struggle at Wolves, you can expect BWD to struggle as he struggled at Swindon on Monday and has struggled for Peterborough lately. It is about current form not what happened months ago. Musielak getting passed by Bomber on his home track wouldn't have happened a few weeks ago, Ellis has been flying but last two meetings for Swindon have been awful, Bellego up and down, mainly down, Carr poor apart from his first ride Monday, Doyle worried about his world title. Maybe I was wrong when I said it will be close!

Difficult to be complacent when your already losing!

Just looked at the weather radar and if they get a meeting on tonight I would be very surprised

Obviously different forecast to the one I looked at!

Edited by foreverblue

Probably straw clutching but if Swindon could ride to their away averages without bonus points tonight it would be 40-44 after 14 heats.

Also Tobi Adam and Bradley have higher averages away than at home.

Hope we can keep it close and have an entertaining night whatever the result.

Looks like they will need to crack on with the meeting as rain forecast at 10.

• Like 2