British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Can't happen can it? Assuming Kildamand has a spot in the Polish Ekstraliga. If the Polish Ekstraliga continue to demand that any rider riding in it only competes in 2 other leagues, one of them being their 'domestic' league. Is Kildemand going to not ride in the Elitserien so he can ride in Britain?

Isn't there some hope that Poland will relax that rule now Britain is apparently moving to fixed race nights? Would help with the return of quite a few Danish riders such as NKI too.

• Like 2

No Doyley would mean Killer being back at Swindon.

He hasn't kicked on like most thought he would but knee problems have been a problem for him.

• Like 1

More likely to have Doyley and both Holders!! ;-)

Season's fixtures could presumably start a bit later - mid-April - (using something to do with the new stadium works as a 'reason' for not starting in March) so that Holder senior can finish his ban.

Why= Matt ford can make his money back on loan fees! And he can put him in the team if he wants.

When= 2017 off season. Thats what Matt Ford does!

Not strictly true, Matt Ford can only put him in the Pirates side, if Charles wants to ride for the team. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who holds his contract, a rider will ride where he wants to & if that's not his parent club, there's not much they can do.

Sure, a promoter could stop another club talking to one of his contracted riders, but that would only have the effect of antagonising the rider, who would probably just stick two fingers up to the parent club.

• Like 2

Isn't there some hope that Poland will relax that rule now Britain is apparently moving to fixed race nights? Would help with the return of quite a few Danish riders such as NKI too.

TALKS with the Polish authorities in Torun over the weekend did not go well ...

Not strictly true, Matt Ford can only put him in the Pirates side, if Charles wants to ride for the team. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who holds his contract, a rider will ride where he wants to & if that's not his parent club, there's not much they can do.

Sure, a promoter could stop another club talking to one of his contracted riders, but that would only have the effect of antagonising the rider, who would probably just stick two fingers up to the parent club.

RIDERS don't actually have a contract after October 31st

• Like 1

RIDERS don't actually have a contract after October 31st

Maybe I should have used the term, 'Team Asset' PR, or even written it as follows 'it doesn't matter who holds his registration, a rider will ride where he wants to' but you clearly know the point I was making ;)

Edited by womble53
  • Like 2

Charles has to be back, my rider of the season 2017 also like to see Richard Lawson and Josh. A meeting with no guests maybe.

Edited by marge
  • Like 1

Would love to have this lineup next season based on current averages.

1. Robert Lambert 7.36 maybe no Doyle/Holder etc next season so would be one of the best in the league and I think he might want a break from King's Lynn next season. Wishful thinking though.

2. Jake Allen 5.07 wouldn't be my choice personally but in with the promotion so i'm certain would be back.

3. Charles Wright 6.63 don't think this needs an explanation really.

4. Patrick Hougaard 6.09 had a rubbish second half of the season but that average is very enticing isn't it.

5. Josh Grajczonek 7.34 has done well but should never be a top flight no. 1

6. Lewis Kerr 5.06 found it hard to start witj but since has been one of the best reserves in the league.

7. BWD 4.67 is our asset and like Wright doesn't need explanation.

1. Robert Lambert 7.36 maybe no Doyle/Holder etc next season so would be one of the best in the league and I think he might want a break from King's Lynn next season. Wishful thinking though.

2. Jake Allen 5.07 wouldn't be my choice personally but in with the promotion so i'm certain would be back.

4. Patrick Hougaard 6.09 had a rubbish second half of the season but that average is very enticing isn't it.

6. Lewis Kerr 5.06 found it hard to start witj but since has been one of the best reserves in the league.

Not sure if R Lambert would be one of the best in the league, even without those two riding.

Not sure if R Lambert would be one of the best in the league, even without those two riding.

I'm sure he would be in the top 10 personally. He has the ability to the best in the league tbf with better guidance behind him which I think he would get at Somerset. No offence to King's Lynn but no rider was going to flourish there this season with a club clearly on a downhill spiral unfortunately.

• Like 1

Good point. I think Wolves sold Musielak's contract to Swindon because CVS apparently said that it doesn't matter much whose ''asset'' a rider is - ultimately they will decide where they want to race. Plus, we didn't acquire Masters' contract when Somerset made him available either, instead I think it was Edinburgh who bought it.

• Like 1

Really? He's been around that average for a long time now.

I'm sure he would be in the top 10 personally. He has the ability to the best in the league tbf with better guidance behind him which I think he would get at Somerset. No offence to King's Lynn but no rider was going to flourish there this season with a club clearly on a downhill spiral unfortunately.

Either getting away from Lynn or his current crew would probably do him good. He is about the 15th in the list of green sheet averages so if he can improve his average in 2018 that will be good at his age.

I wish him well as a young Brit, as we need a few good ones, but as you say better guidance might do him good.

I'm not sure that line up is strong enough Brummie Rebel. Certainly decent enough at home and would take some beating at the OTA.

Despite the attractive average for Hougaard, I'm not sure the management would take a chance with him. Personally I thought he was bitterly disappointing all season.

I'd like the Rebels to go with an established number one, supported by Josh, Lawson and Wright.

Zach to return at reserve maybe?

• Like 1