British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Really? He's been around that average for a long time now.

Only after his injury he was in the 7s before that. He is a much better rider than 6.09. Lawson is a better option but I can't see May dropping Josh, Kerr, Allen, Wright and i'm sure BWD will be the first rider he will get in the team sheet with Swindon sure to be sniffing. So that would leave only 7.26 for a proper no. 1. Edited by Brummie Rebel

I'm not sure that line up is strong enough Brummie Rebel. Certainly decent enough at home and would take some beating at the OTA.

Despite the attractive average for Hougaard, I'm not sure the management would take a chance with him. Personally I thought he was bitterly disappointing all season.

I'd like the Rebels to go with an established number one, supported by Josh, Lawson and Wright.

Zach to return at reserve maybe?

Swindon or Lakeside for Zach

Swindon or Lakeside for Zach

You'll probably see Allen and BWD at reserve for Somerset next year. That would be the plan. Not much of the team needs to be tinkered with but we do need a genuine no.1, just need to get hold of one :wink:

I'm not sure that line up is strong enough Brummie Rebel. Certainly decent enough at home and would take some beating at the OTA.

Despite the attractive average for Hougaard, I'm not sure the management would take a chance with him. Personally I thought he was bitterly disappointing all season.

I'd like the Rebels to go with an established number one, supported by Josh, Lawson and Wright.

Zach to return at reserve maybe?

have to say thought houggard was bit disappointing before he got injured,and after not sure he wanted to ride for the rebels,but might of been in problems with geting fit again.would like Cameron heeps back myself,and how about geting a old rider back at bottom end in Alex Davis?

You'll probably see Allen and BWD at reserve for Somerset next year. That would be the plan. Not much of the team needs to be tinkered with but we do need a genuine no.1, just need to get hold of one :wink:

Won't be able to have Allen and BWD at reserve and a big no. 1 as you're looking at 9.74 just for reserves and then like 8 points for a no. 1. Doesn't leave much for the other 4 riders especially to fit Lawson, Grajczonek and Wright as expected.

If teams have to have a British reserve then you won't.

Hougaard has been very poor... not to mention injury prone. It's either that or he just couldn't be bothered for the tail end of the season.

• Like 2

Won't be able to have Allen and BWD at reserve and a big no. 1 as you're looking at 9.74 just for reserves and then like 8 points for a no. 1. Doesn't leave much for the other 4 riders especially to fit Lawson, Grajczonek and Wright as expected.

Chris Holder is 7.16. Albeit Josh would be no.1 at 7.34, but that wouldn't last long and Holder flew around Somerset this season. A bargain on that average. An opening pairing of the Holder's wouldn't be too bad if Jack isn't at Poole.

Edited by RH92

Chris Holder is 7.16. Albeit Josh would be no.1 at 7.34, but that wouldn't last long and Holder flew around Somerset this season. A bargain on that average. An opening pairing of the Holder's wouldn't be too bad if Jack isn't at Poole.

He'll either be at Poole or not in Britain at all imo.

Best thing for Somerset (& the rest of UK speedway) will be a Somerset 1 to 7 riding against an opposition 1 to 7 with no guest or R/R..........

The way speedway now is, it will only be possible with fixed race nights: Wednesdays & Thursdays...... NOT MONDAYS.

The U.K. middle tier would not race Wednesday or Thursday....... they would only use U.K. based riders.

Most supporters hate the double-up situation, this should be limited but riders would not be required in their 2 teams the same night!

It won't be Wednesdays as that'll mean fewer Danes available and there are not enough riders already - especially in an expanded Premiership!! It'll be Mondays/Thursdays - nailed on!!

Edited by Skidder1

It won't be Wednesdays as that'll mean fewer Danes available and there are not enough riders already - especially in an expanded Premiership!! It'll be Mondays/Thursdays - nailed on!!

Mondays would be perfect for Denmark, top riders then ride Poland Sunday, Denmark Monday, Sweden Tuesday.

Mondays for the U.K. would only be a quick fix but not the solution to the problem!

• Like 2

After the balls up with Jack originally I think it would be unlikely he would come to us, which is a shame. Really cant see Chris going anywhere else except Poole, although he may still be feeling a bit miffed about being left out this year in the first place. Have to say he would be just the ticket on that average if he did fancy us👍 Edited by Cliffeboy