British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

The biggest whinger/moaner in speedway has already ridden for the Rebels.

Interesting comment... Could be one of a few riders! Shane Parker was certainly near the top of the list!

Which one was you referring to?

Do you honestly expect the Glasgow promotion to move up and lose lucrative gate money from meetings against the likes of Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle, Workington?

You're closest away track will be over 200 miles away

I'm guessing that matches against the likes of Belle Vue, Poole, Wolves, Swindon etc would more than make up for that to be honest

• Like 2

Interesting comment... Could be one of a few riders! Shane Parker was certainly near the top of the list!

Which one was you referring to?

The current world championship leader.

Can be so easy going sometimes but can also be such a pain .

• Like 1

It doesn't matter who clubs sign, you should be discussing what guests we can use.

• Like 1

The current world championship leader.

Can be so easy going sometimes but can also be such a pain .

Jason expects the best & gives that so gets fed up if others around him dont.

Would rather have him in my team than in someone elses.

Jason expects the best & gives that so gets fed up if others around him dont.

Would rather have him in my team than in someone elses.

Expects the best for himself I agree.

Expects the best for himself I agree.

Indeed.

Probably too late now but he maybe needs to understand not every rider in the team is a World Champ like he is about to become.

The word team is exactly that. In teams, one of his talent is expected to also assist other team riders in a thing called "Team Riding". Something he with his arrogant approach doesn't need to do of course as he will always be in demand (especially as World Champ) but its not all about getting to the front only and not bothering to look where your team mate might be and maybe helping him. In The GP of course but no in our watered down 4th tier league (I say that as it comes imo after POL EL/SWE/POL Nice 1).

He has been criticised by many for being an Individualist when riding for his team. That saddens me as he was a late developer in respect of finding glory and being best in the World, and I would have hoped that his many years in UK would have taught him it is a team event not an Individual Tournament.

Still for all that I would rather have the guy in my team than not :-)

He has done incredibly well to go from the calibre of rider he was at Poole even up to his mid twenties to what he has become now.

• Like 2

It seems riders no longer do team riding, possibly because it seems clubs have a team of individuals unfortunately.

• Like 2

Nice to see fans are getting blasted for not going to the presentation night yet have attended all season. Will lose a lot of support being spoken to like that.

• Like 1

Nice to see fans are getting blasted for not going to the presentation night yet have attended all season. Will lose a lot of support being spoken to like that.

No surprise considering there were two meetings in the last month two months - everyones out of the habit

• Like 2

Probably the worse season ever, been following the rebels since day one and have attended more end of season dinners than not. This year I decided to give it a miss, extra 50p on the car park and £1.00 on the entrance fee for the same product we were watching the previous season. The promotion have no right to blame the supporters for not spending anymore of their hard earned cash, I'm having second thoughts about next season now.

• Like 2

What an incredibly unprofessional press release. Another reason why people don't take this sport seriously. Can you imagine a professional rugby/football club releasing a statement like that? Not a chance. Someone get in and advise these people.

• Like 2

What an incredibly unprofessional press release. Another reason why people don't take this sport seriously. Can you imagine a professional rugby/football club releasing a statement like that? Not a chance. Someone get in and advise these people.

Massively unprofessional, especially as they were the ones who cancelled the first presentation night anyway and can't expect everyone to be available for the replacement night.

One thing I will agree with though is it's wrong that some riders want to be paid to attend and should never ride for Somerset again imo.

• Like 1

If the fans called for a cheaper night then haven't booked tickets it must be annoying for the promoter? She is telling you the whole story not just saying it's cancelled, no surmising, you know exactly why it's cancelled.