British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

One thing I will agree with though is it's wrong that some riders want to be paid to attend and should never ride for Somerset again imo.

get it written into their contract ,,,,,,"must attend club functions/ PR " (not just presentation night)

What an incredibly unprofessional press release. Another reason why people don't take this sport seriously. Can you imagine a professional rugby/football club releasing a statement like that? Not a chance. Someone get in and advise these people.

At least they are being honest and open about it. (unlike some management/ ruling bodies)

Edited by idh
  • Like 2

If the fans called for a cheaper night then haven't booked tickets it must be annoying for the promoter? She is telling you the whole story not just saying it's cancelled, no surmising, you know exactly why it's cancelled.

Shouldn't have arranged it for during the speedway season

• Like 1

What an incredibly unprofessional press release. Another reason why people don't take this sport seriously. Can you imagine a professional rugby/football club releasing a statement like that? Not a chance. Someone get in and advise these people.

Spot on....

The way the Sport is delivered I am amazed clubs still have fans to moan at...😨

Speedway promoters lie through there teeth and you all moan about it

They then are honest and tell people how it is and you all moan about it again.

No one in speedway can ever win

• Like 3

I agree, a very poorly worded and unprofessional press release. Remember the old adage, "the customer is always right". Behaviour of this nature will definitely not endear the fans. Perhaps an apology would be appropriate ?

• Like 2

get it written into their contract ,,,,,,"must attend club functions/ PR " (not just presentation night)

At least they are being honest and open about it. (unlike some management/ ruling bodies)

If the fans called for a cheaper night then haven't booked tickets it must be annoying for the promoter? She is telling you the whole story not just saying it's cancelled, no surmising, you know exactly why it's cancelled.

I know she is frustrated but should not be talking to the fans like she did in that press release. It's beyond unprofessional as someone else said you wouldn't expect a statement like that from anyone else. Plus the bit about meaningless meetings is beyond a joke too. I'm pretty sure Debbie would wish her riders to ride for her if we had a meeting running over. The rider is contracted to that club are they not. Putting statements out like that will cause riders to not want to ride for us and fans to leave.

She stated on the Club Website last week that there were only a few tickets left !!! I know that is a marketing ploy but I think she has been totally unprofessional and has shot herself in the foot over this one !!!

Still totally unprofessional in my book. She has offended a hoard of people and should make a statement to calm things down or she could be on her own next season !!! I wonder what Garry May's view is !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 3

She stated on the Club Website last week that there were only a few tickets left !!! I know that is a marketing ploy but I think she has been totally unprofessional and has shot herself in the foot over this one !!!

Still totally unprofessional in my book. She has offended a hoard of people and should make a statement to calm things down or she could be on her own next season !!! I wonder what Garry May's view is !!!

As Garry is ultra professional he will back the club statement.

Think you'll find the dig is at the riders.

I find it unbelievable that certain riders want paying to turn up to presentation evenings.

As Garry is ultra professional he will back the club statement.

Think you'll find the dig is at the riders.

I find it unbelievable that certain riders want paying to turn up to presentation evenings.

More of a dig at the fans tbh calling us moaners and basically saying fans can't be bothered. Well I would like to see how many people bother to help her when she asks for help and for the volunteers on at a meeting. Probably forgot the amount of times fans came to her aid and what we have done even before she was even promoter. If she wants to say fans don't bother like she has in the statement she is truly misinformed and needs to research her history.

• Like 1

More of a dig at the fans tbh calling us moaners and basically saying fans can't be bothered. Well I would like to see how many people bother to help her when she asks for help and for the volunteers on at a meeting. Probably forgot the amount of times fans came to her aid and what we have done even before she was even promoter. If she wants to say fans don't bother like she has in the statement she is truly misinformed and needs to research her history.

poole dont do anything not even a rider of the season

• Like 1

poole dont do anything not even a rider of the season

Poole don't even give a trophy at a individual meeting, never mind rider of the season!!!!

He's probably cheaper than Holder!!!

Would be a better choice than Josh G! And would help the younger guys. Hans is a good leader.

Hans might be off to Somerset???

What do people think about that?

Where has this come from? Would be a good signing but as a 2nd heat leader