British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Where has this come from? Would be a good signing but as a 2nd heat leader[/quo

He wont stay at Poole and wants to remain in south of England. Live with Matt still, Somerset would be most likely .poole and Somerset get along quite well(you have lots of our assets) Wright and Josh G. Have another one?

Would make your team better.

I thought Hans was a Peterborough asset

I think you will find Hans is contracted to Rick Frost not Peterborough speedway.

Think you will find Poole are the Rick Frost assets if you look carefully.

Edited by poolebolton

Debbie & Co. took a very brave decision to move up a league in 2017 the promise of star riders leading visiting teams (& attracting extra punters) very rarely happened....... basically they were sh-t on week on week. Huge amounts of money was lost with star riders missing they must have been so glad to see the season end....... the shenanigans with the presentations do must have been the final straw! P.S. It is worth noting that punters that did attend had brilliant racing served up week on week throughout 2017 ..... a credit to the promotion & track staff.

Yep, agreed, the racing was first class and the regulars were royally entertained most weeks.

I have to say also that Somerset riders generally have a pretty good relationship with the home fans. Charles Wright is very popular and almost always celebrates a race win by doing ‘high fives’ along the back straight with the fans. Equally, Josh Graczjonek is a well respected skipper who generally takes time out to speak to the fans. The home support quickly took to Richard Lawson and he in turn gave them his time with his own specialty victory laps.

Jake Allen is another rider who the fans enjoy. Always ready to talk on the ‘mike’ and his third bend ‘dive bombs’ have become legendary.

Those 4 hopefully will form the core of the 2018 side. Don’t be surprised if Mr May comes up with an excellent signing to compliment that line up.

• Like 3

Fantastic to see the 2018 thread started with the use of the confederate flag Coomie, :D:t::t::t::t::t:

should be changed now.

Yep, agreed, the racing was first class and the regulars were royally entertained most weeks.

I have to say also that Somerset riders generally have a pretty good relationship with the home fans. Charles Wright is very popular and almost always celebrates a race win by doing ‘high fives’ along the back straight with the fans. Equally, Josh Graczjonek is a well respected skipper who generally takes time out to speak to the fans. The home support quickly took to Richard Lawson and he in turn gave them his time with his own specialty victory laps.

Jake Allen is another rider who the fans enjoy. Always ready to talk on the ‘mike’ and his third bend ‘dive bombs’ have become legendary.

Those 4 hopefully will form the core of the 2018 side. Don’t be surprised if Mr May comes up with an excellent signing to compliment that line up.

Just a shame they don't recognise the supporters who go to away meetings, have been to many win lose or draw and nothing. See it at the OTA from visiting clubs, acknowledge the supporters who make the effort to attend. It's not just this year I might add, have been saying it for many seasons.

So will the Rebels stay in the top league as it would mean a change of race nignt if the league goes to the much talked about two race nights?

So will the Rebels stay in the top league as it would mean a change of race nignt if the league goes to the much talked about two race nights?

So if they stay up they need a out and out number one, if not they need to drop down.

Hmmmm..

Have read the statement on the website concerning the end of season party, every day since it appeared, as my first reaction as a paying fan was how totally rude and unprofessional can someone who I pay my hard earnt money to really be, and how much they do it seems value me, or maybe not as it now appears. I was hoping it might well of been a heat of the moment thing, and perhaps after seeing it in black and white, they might of felt to re word it, as not to offend us the paying public. But sadly it appears not. So my conclusion is what is good for the goose is dam well good enough for the gander. So next season if the chips have gone up another 20p I shall make sure the management know about it, from a fans point of view. Simples. But I don't think I shall be as rude.

Just on another little note in that now famous statement, drum roll, I would be very interested for them to name the rider who refused to attend unless they were going to be paid, that takes some neck il give them that, especially as us fans have gone along way to pay there wages every week. It obviously isn't one of the riders that has rode for the club and attended the an end of season party before, as they know how much of a good night it can be. But not this year !! Name and shame I say.

Just a few thoughts on why the end of season party was a no go, gossip from the terraces or should I say gripes.

The fixture list was an absolute joke, far to many blank race nights in the height of the summer, and people like myself find other things to do, I pick up my fishing cap instead of my speedway cap, it dosent worry the wife as long as I'm out.

No one can account for injuries, and I don't wish that upon any rider, but I for one didn't attend some meetings due to having more dam guests that are own riders.

Cant say I have adjusted to this so called top league, and the promise of seeing the top riders every week as yet again they seem to be missing more often than not, and us fans have had to pay for this no show, this is not only a dig at Somerset, but blimey these guys were available when we didn't have fixtures.

You will always get people that moan about everything has gone up in price, and yes it comes as a pinch, and possibly we have to adjust on something else, but that is sadly a sign of the times, and some may feel its not warranted, but if you were married to my wife you would have to listen to that every bloody time she goes shopping. My answer, you want to go to speedway darling it costs me a fortune :lol:

In the previous 5 seasons not including last season I had only missed 2 meetings, and to me the standard of racing although good in some parts, has not been no where near as good in previous years.

For me to keep people on board, you need to be friendly, keep your loyal fans updated, appreciated that we do spend our money at your establishment, and stop and think before you let off steam at your customers.

My thoughts for 2018.................................................. Lets win the bloody lot

Edited by Bignite
  • Like 2

So if they stay up they need a out and out number one, if not they need to drop down.

So many"out and out number ones"available,guess Garry can have his pick.!!

Hmmmm..

Have read the statement on the website concerning the end of season party, every day since it appeared, as my first reaction as a paying fan was how totally rude and unprofessional can someone who I pay my hard earnt money to really be, and how much they do it seems value me, or maybe not as it now appears. I was hoping it might well of been a heat of the moment thing, and perhaps after seeing it in black and white, they might of felt to re word it, as not to offend us the paying public. But sadly it appears not. So my conclusion is what is good for the goose is dam well good enough for the gander. So next season if the chips have gone up another 20p I shall make sure the management know about it, from a fans point of view. Simples. But I don't think I shall be as rude.

Just on another little note in that now famous statement, drum roll, I would be very interested for them to name the rider who refused to attend unless they were going to be paid, that takes some neck il give them that, especially as us fans have gone along way to pay there wages every week. It obviously isn't one of the riders that has rode for the club and attended the an end of season party before, as they know how much of a good night it can be. But not this year !! Name and shame I say.

Just a few thoughts on why the end of season party was a no go, gossip from the terraces or should I say gripes.

The fixture list was an absolute joke, far to many blank race nights in the height of the summer, and people like myself find other things to do, I pick up my fishing cap instead of my speedway cap, it dosent worry the wife as long as I'm out.

No one can account for injuries, and I don't wish that upon any rider, but I for one didn't attend some meetings due to having more dam guests that are own riders.

Cant say I have adjusted to this so called top league, and the promise of seeing the top riders every week as yet again they seem to be missing more often than not, and us fans have had to pay for this no show, this is not only a dig at Somerset, but blimey these guys were available when we didn't have fixtures.

You will always get people that moan about everything has gone up in price, and yes it comes as a pinch, and possibly we have to adjust on something else, but that is sadly a sign of the times, and some may feel its not warranted, but if you were married to my wife you would have to listen to that every bloody time she goes shopping. My answer, you want to go to speedway darling it costs me a fortune :lol:

In the previous 5 seasons not including last season I had only missed 2 meetings, and to me the standard of racing although good in some parts, has not been no where near as good in previous years.

For me to keep people on board, you need to be friendly, keep your loyal fans updated, appreciated that we do spend our money at your establishment, and stop and think before you let off steam at your customers.

My thoughts for 2018.................................................. Lets win the bloody lot

I bet it is a rider who has been before.

• Like 3

Debbie............ As long as there are enough punters, how about organizing a Christmas /New Year Dinner @ the Oaktree!

• Like 2

Wasnt our ex Rebel Rohan Tungate awesome at he Aussie GP, and great seeing Jake Allen helping him out, and club legend Doyley winning his 1st World Title, would be awesome to have him back in Rebels colours. That would bring the punters back in droves. #69# Worldchamp2017

Edited by Loosewheel

Wasnt our ex Rebel Rohan Tungate awesome at he Aussie GP, and great seeing Jake Allen helping him out, and club legend Doyley winning his 1st World Title, would be awesome to have him back in Rebels colours. That would bring the punters back in droves. #69# Worldchamp2017

Rebels 2018

Doyle , Morris , Josh , Rohan , Brady , Jake , Sedgmen.

Dont think it would fit somehow😂

• Like 2

Rebels 2018

Doyle , Morris , Josh , Rohan , Brady , Jake , Sedgmen.

Dont think it would fit somehow

you can dream though :t: