British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

So, what chance Kurtz and both Holders at Somerset????

I would say unlikely as Somerset have signed a rider who sits around the mid 7's already meaning unlikely all would fit.

I would say unlikely as Somerset have signed a rider who sits around the mid 7's already meaning unlikely all would fit.

Is that rider Josh G?

Bellego?

I hope not, I'd take JG over Bellego without question

Josh could be in high demand now being on a sub 8 point average, I hope he remains at Somerset but could easily see him back at Swindon.

I hope not, I'd take JG over Bellego without question

Josh could be in high demand now being on a sub 8 point average, I hope he remains at Somerset but could easily see him back at Swindon.

Poole asset as is wright so Matt will take the biggest loan fee. Sure they will be back at Somerset though.

Poole asset as is wright so Matt will take the biggest loan fee. Sure they will be back at Somerset though.

Knowing he is now an in demand rider could he maybe use that to his advantage to get a team further North.

We know Josh is based I think up Sheffield way ?? and it was a massive round trip for him on worse traffic night of the week (Friday) to do week in and week out. Over the last 4 plus years this guy has done so much doubling up and guesting around the UK its been unreal and now he also has Poland etc. Maybe he will look at reducing the mind sapping weekly commute and look at options nearer to home ??

Just a thought.

Also the Forum on all PREM topics is awash with this 8 point rule.

I personally think it would be so much easier for many to swallow if the BSPA/SCB said ok this is the situation on riders GSA's for 2018 in Prem.

Riders who rode up to season xyz will be assessed at their last GSA.

Riders who rode prior to this will be assessed at abc or reassessed individually and say taking the ?? seasons prior to the above those riders (name if need be) will be cde

Riders who have never ridden in Prem (name them if need be) will be assessed at ???

Young riders under 21 (for example POL juniors who have raced in the main against similar or with some exposure to rides against seniors) but have never ridden in Prem will be assessed at ???

If you set a rule that only one rider over 8 then surely you have to set the ground rules on how other riders outside of those who rode in Prem in 2017 will be assessed.

Otherwise how can a club look to sign other riders or exciting young overseas talent for 2018 or at least consider them in team planning awaiting outcome of if that rider wants to sign or not.

Why cant the paying fan who pays for part of the sport be kept informed of this. We all want to do fantasy build the team and sure doesn't help when you don't have a clue how many of the riders who may come here would be assessed points wise.

Personally I quite like the 1 x 8 or over point idea proposed as team managers/promoters now have to be clued up to build a well balanced team. But, it would be so much simpler and I think more widely accepted if it was circulated how riders coming in would be assessed for 2018.

You can still build strong teams with current/ex and future SGP riders if we all knew what points they are getting as a GSA or what they will be assessed as if new riders etc as referred to above.

If your not going to use a rider why should you demand a loan fee ?

How about.

Because he is your asset and getting a loan fee partly offsets the cost of another rider you may want to sign for the current season.

There could be various reasons why you may not want that rider. Maybe a NKI isn't what you want as you would prefer a nearer 8 rider like Brady to help keep that extra 1 point plus for a more in depth look to the team.

Getting a loan fee for say NKI (who may not want to ride for Poole anyway being based over Norfolk way) could help subsidise a move for another possibly exciting rider coming in at below 8 like a Milik/both Pawlicki's/Madsen (the list is long if you look around the GSA's over the last 4/5 years). Notwithstanding other young foreign talent who have not ridden UK before.

Similar with other Matt Ford assets where he can get a loan fee to pay towards other riders he is interested in if that asset doesn't formulate part of his team planning for 2018.

• Like 1

Showed Brady Kurtz the quickest way round Wimborne Road last time Wolves were there though. 15 from 5 completed rides isnt that bad

James Shanes also showed Thorssell the quickest way round Wimborne Road.

So your point is what exactly. Poole bashing again?

Not from what I understand no, a new rider to Somerset.

Chris Holder isn't it. If it is then I really cant see us being competitive next season.

James Shanes also showed Thorssell the quickest way round Wimborne Road.

So your point is what exactly. Poole bashing again?

Chris Holder isn't it. If it is then I really cant see us being competitive next season.

are you now a somerset fan ?

I dont think there would be many Rebels fans wanting Morris - we need a No 1 not a 2nd/3rd heat leader

Eh? Is this the same Nick Morris who finished last season with a higher average than Thorssell, Cook, Bjerre, Andersen, Harris, Fricke, Kurtz, Batchelor or Holder that you're talking about? Only riders higher were Lindgren and Doyle. What part of a No 1 don't you understand?

On a different note, what a marvellous accolade for the Somerset promotion to have the club handed the first-ever "Community Club" award by the SWRA trustees. Fully deserved, and ahead of the expectations of clubs such as Glasgow and the Isle of Wight.

• Like 1

go away

Hahaha now you do sound childish. Anyway I'm going to leave it there as I cant be bothered to argue with a 6yr old kid on a internet forum.