British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

It should be compulsory for the teams that voted for other sides to release 8 point riders to offer those riders a team place in 2018.

Offer Doyle £50 a point then - when he says no the team has met its obligation......
  • Like 1

Wow, you are really pee'd off with this rule aren't you? I wonder if you were as bothered when Coventry had to choose between Hamill and Hancock and Poole with Chris and Darcy. Yes it sucks but just gave to get on with it, if JD thinks moaning about the situation will change it then he is in for a shock!

People are pissed off because these are our assets we're being denied the use of, we stuck with Morris when he was having poor seasons, yet now can't use him, loyalty and continuity should be rewarded not broken up,

• Like 6

People are pissed off because these are our assets we're being denied the use of, we stuck with Morris when he was having poor seasons, yet now can't use him, loyalty and continuity should be rewarded not broken up,

Well thats Speedway.

Well thats Speedway.

And your point is?

Would probably be BWD unless Swindon offer a large amount for his services. Plus I honestly can't see Grajczonek back next season nor maybe Allen, depends on who upset the promotion at the end of season disco. Lawson and Wright were riding and injured respectively.

Jake was already back in Oz on the date of the re-arranged Presentation Night.

And your point is?

The only point he has is in his homework pencil..

And your point is?

Stop whingeing and get on with it and think yourself lucky you have a club.

• Like 1

Stop whingeing and get on with it and think yourself lucky you have a club.

Wow ok mr angry, thought you might have something to add to the debate, get out of the wrong side of the bed did you. :rofl:

Wow ok mr angry, thought you might have something to add to the debate, get out of the wrong side of the bed did you. :rofl:

The rules are the rules, you are acting as though your the first club to have to split up a top two, as was said before its old news and has happened before and will happen again.

• Like 2

Wow, you are really pee'd off with this rule aren't you? I wonder if you were as bothered when Coventry had to choose between Hamill and Hancock and Poole with Chris and Darcy. Yes it sucks but just gave to get on with it, if JD thinks moaning about the situation will change it then he is in for a shock!

Not as peed off as yesterday, but still pretty peed off, yes.

I was less bothered with the two that you mention, because they weren't my own team, but would have been just as much against the principal.

The possibility of teams voting riders out of the league,should that be what happens, concerns me greatly. As did the way Holder and Bachelor were effectively put out of work earlier in the year.

It's not all about Swindon's team strength, as we can deal with that. It's about either a loyal Swindon rider finding himself without a team or the World Champion being forced out the league (something, incidentally, that some people here seem to find quite an amusing prospect).

I've always posted against this stuff, but it's really gone to my head this year because it is happening closer to home. If Morris, Doyle, Thorsell, Lindgren, Cook and Bjerre all get a side then I might calm down a bit!

It seems to me that under the current chairmanship, one thing on the agenda is to try and get as many top riders as possible out of the league.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

The rules are the rules, you are acting as though your the first club to have to split up a top two, as was said before its old news and has happened before and will happen again.

More than likely.

I think Swindon would've done anyway to be honest.

Jake Twitted

More

Happy to be sorted with @SpeedwayScunny so early in the off season. Takes a lot of pressure off. Can’t wait to start a season doubling up. More team news to come soon! Roll on 2018

Hope its Somerset

• Like 1

And you prob cheered when it happened to Poole, so you will just have to suck it up.

Every year there is some kind of completely arbitrary rule designed to break up the successful teams. Last season it was the 38-point limit, previously it was one GP riders or similar.

Every year the supporters of the club(s) impacted moan and complain as if it is the first time it has ever happened.