British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Stanford in the Vale, Berkshire

A very contentious statement!

I agree but thousands wouldn't

Would wonder where Somerset get there money from if they can get all 4 of those riders, as the won't come cheap!

Lets see,

Chris Holder, career on a downward projectory since his nasty injury, also has a major attitude problem - can't see many wanting him, so if he wants to ride here he'll have to take whats offered.

Jack Holder, major attitude problem (hence Matt Ford slagging him off, althought not by name, last season), thinks he's already Gods gift to speedway despite having achieved very little so far apart from tester of safety equipment as he ends up on his arse and in the fence a lot

Jason Doyle - Most teams have obvious 8+ candidates, between Lynn and Somerset. Again, if he wants to ride here, the options are not great. But I'll admit Lynn seems more likely to me, especially if Lambert is off.

In short, I'm really not seeing why either of the Holders are worth that much. I certainly wouldn't pay much for either

Lets see,

Chris Holder, career on a downward projectory since his nasty injury, also has a major attitude problem - can't see many wanting him, so if he wants to ride here he'll have to take whats offered.

Jack Holder, major attitude problem (hence Matt Ford slagging him off, althought not by name, last season), thinks he's already Gods gift to speedway despite having achieved very little so far apart from tester of safety equipment as he ends up on his arse and in the fence a lot

Jason Doyle - Most teams have obvious 8+ candidates, between Lynn and Somerset. Again, if he wants to ride here, the options are not great. But I'll admit Lynn seems more likely to me, especially if Lambert is off.

In short, I'm really not seeing why either of the Holders are worth that much. I certainly wouldn't pay much for either

Spot on regarding the 2 Holders

Welcome back Rich he’s excellent around the OTA.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:30 PM, SCB said:

Lets see,

Although to be fair its a struggle to get you to pay £17 or £18 admission on a regular basis!!:approve:

Which is understandable considering the product gets worse every year. Inevitable that there will be even less people willing to pay 17 or 18 quid in 2018!

If we don't run next year I would have to consider returning to watch the Wolves but I'm not paying 17 or 18 pound , it would have to drop to at least 15 but realistically should be lower than that. Difficult for the promotors to drop it to that though. I think it could be a nomad season of travelling around and enjoying the day out but after travelling about the last few years and getting shafted by various excuses not sure I'd risk travelling too far especially without guaranteed weather

• Like 1

Excellent signing, hoping Charles Wright will be the next one.

• Like 4

Really pleased with Richard returning. Turned our season around last year and was always awesome to watch around the OTA.

Jason Doyle 9.69

Jake Allen 5.07

Richard Lawson 6.43

Charles Wright 6.69

Robert Lambert 7.38

Bradley Wilson-Dean 4.67

Simon Lambert 2.32

Total: 42.25

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1