British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Does Lambert think he’s Woffinden in disguise?

Woffinden has genuine reasons not to ride here.

Lambert is nowhere near Tai's level so no idea why he isnt doing Britain

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Woffinden has genuine reasons not to ride here.

Lambert is nowhere near Tai's level so no idea why he isnt doing Britain

Maybe using the FB comment/post to see if anyone out there prepared to pay him enough money to stay in UK during next 2 weeks. Cant see any other reason to post the comment he did and invite comments.

Cant see how this guy feels that his career will step up with 12 matches in POL LGE 2 if they don't make the play offs and 14 in SWE again if they don't make play offs.

Maybe another one who thinks he is worth a lot more than British Speedway can offer in salary. Similar with maybe C.Holder who I heard had been offered as a 7 point man a pay deal rather than a 9 point plus man that he used to be when on top of his game.

As for Lambert, why not just post he will not be racing in UK rather than tell people he plans to make an announcement in next 2 weeks. I think this is his way of  fishing for a good paying UK deal. I could be wrong of course.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to hear his reasons but wouldn't blame any rider for opting out of our badly run, amateurish league set up.

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Will be interesting to hear his reasons but wouldn't blame any rider for opting out of our badly run, amateurish league set up.

I don't disagree but the loss of potentially 50 meetings if you take the Prem/Champ less the Swed meetings as he already rode the POL 2nd Div, how is his experience going to improve with so many less meetings ??

Maybe he feels that as the young Poles are improving without all those extra meetings then maybe he considers himself at a similar level and doesn't need all the travelling around UK. Problem is he is not a Drabik /Smektala or Woryna so he isn't at their level currently imo.

Suppose he could sign in Denmark to take up some of the slack as riders can use the same bikes over the 2 Countries as they are now connected via road/bridge and you can do SWE Tue and DK Wed.

No doubt we will hear more on his reasons in the coming  2 weeks (if a super deal isn't thrown his way to stay in UK).

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I can only see this as a matter of money and absolutely nothing to do with the league set up. Indeed, if he was perfectly happy about not riding here he wouldn't have posted on facebook in the way that he has - he's trying to drum up interest from fans, sponsors etc to get them to back his case.

While I am saddened to see a brilliant young rider - more so because he is British - not riding in our leagues, better that than give in to unreasonable demands. In this case, for me, British speedway promoters deserve a lot of credit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely, IF he is demanding a king's ransom then it's good that nobody has bowed to that.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely, IF he is demanding a king's ransom then it's good that nobody has bowed to that.

Maybe he realises that next season he'll probably be in the top 5 of the averages, thus one of the leagues star men. Why shouldn't he be paid for that?

9 minutes ago, SCB said:

Maybe he realises that next season he'll probably be in the top 5 of the averages, thus one of the leagues star men. Why shouldn't he be paid for that?

Because he isn't that now? Think he's been hanging around with a certain Poole asset too long!! :o:D

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Because he isn't that now? Think he's been hanging around with a certain Poole asset too long!! :o:D

With his continued improvement and 5 or 6 of the guys above him in the averages not riding here it's not unfeasible

Top ten maybe, not top five for me.

Lambert overrated thinks he is something he isn't and can't see him progressing much more than he is now, if he don't want to ride here then P off!

16 minutes ago, SCB said:

With his continued improvement and 5 or 6 of the guys above him in the averages not riding here it's not unfeasible

Then he can have a pay rise half way through the season! ;) 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Does Lambert think he’s Woffinden in disguise?

Seems Lambert is as cheesed off as Woffy with the governing body.

If only the BSPA would look after its own both boys might still want to ride here plus they have done naff all to help their career. 

Lambert certainly is on the same mould as Woffy thank god,  riders that want to better their career instead of staying safe in both British leagues and going nowhere fast. 

• Like 1

I think Charles Wright could miss out 

J Doyle 9.69
C Holder 7.16
R Lawson 6.43
J Holder 5.82
J Allen 5.07
Bradley Wilson-Dean 4.67
E Perks 3.33