British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

I would like to see Charles Wright and Jason Doyle back, not sure about the 7th rider.  Not too happy with Jack Holder but can't do anything about it now.

16 minutes ago, marge said:

I would like to see Charles Wright and Jason Doyle back, not sure about the 7th rider.  Not too happy with Jack Holder but can't do anything about it now.

Jack is on a bargain ave,but he thinks of himself and has an attitude,probably to British speedway.Because both Holders wouldn't act the way they have to their UK promotors to thier Polish ones.

I saw somewhere, I forget where a quote from Ford that if Somerset wish to sign C Holder, they will have to do so as an asset as the no TV money means revenue is down 20% for the Pirates.  If it is 20% for Poole, I dread to think what it is for other clubs. I guess it depends how the TV money was shared, if a club hosts more televised fixtures do they get a greater percentage of the cut?

Edited by Col

26 minutes ago, Col said:

I saw somewhere, I forget where a quote from Ford that if Somerset wish to sign C Holder, they will have to do so as an asset as the no TV money means revenue is down 20% for the Pirates.  If it is 20% for Poole, I dread to think what it is for other clubs. I guess it depends how the TV money was shared, if a club hosts more televised fixtures do they get a greater percentage of the cut?

its in the Daily Echo

Given Holder is part of Ford's plans, the Poole boss would be able to demand a transfer fee for any departure and it remains to be seen if Somerset – or any club – would be willing to pay what would be a substantial figure.cho

1 hour ago, idh said:

its in the Daily Echo

Given Holder is part of Ford's plans, the Poole boss would be able to demand a transfer fee for any departure and it remains to be seen if Somerset – or any club – would be willing to pay what would be a substantial figure.cho

This means absolutely jack! A few years ago, Swindon were looking to use Miedzinski and he went to Poole.  Swindon demanded that this was a full transfer and Poole said no - a loan only.  It went to arbitration and on loan he went - turning a valuable asset on a really low average into a worthless asset on a much higher average.  So Poole can demand a fee but the precedence has been set and the boot is on the other foot now! 

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

This means absolutely jack! A few years ago, Swindon were looking to use Miedzinski and he went to Poole.  Swindon demanded that this was a full transfer and Poole said no - a loan only.  It went to arbitration and on loan he went - turning a valuable asset on a really low average into a worthless asset on a much higher average.  So Poole can demand a fee but the precedence has been set and the boot is on the other foot now! 

IMO if Holder was going to be at Poole the deal would of been done weeks ago, I think Ford is making it look like he tried but he must of got his team sorted by now 

29 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Maybe in the 6 seasons that have passed since then, the rules have been changed?! ;)

33 minutes ago, james1234 said:

IMO if Holder was going to be at Poole the deal would of been done weeks ago, I think Ford is making it look like he tried but he must of got his team sorted by now 

The 'deal' was done ('no issues with money') but CH had other stuff to sort out!!  The Echo story does just call it a 'delay'!!;):P

The ball is in Holder's court but Matt will have the upper hand if Chris signs and doesn't start riding to his true capabilities - he'll just replace him with a.n.other. (probably one of a few former GP riders).:approve::D

Apologies - I forgot I was on the Rebels thread!!

Edited by Skidder1

Doesnt matter Skidder

Rebels thread/Pirates thread - 2 sides of the same coin nowadays it seems...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe in the 6 seasons that have passed since then, the rules have been changed?! ;)

Dream On!!

3 hours ago, Col said:

MF would be talking out his rear then as he forgot they didn't buy Miedzinski when Swindon insisted on a sale.

Holder will go on loan if he wants out of Poole so there is nothing that MF can do about it. 

3 hours ago, idh said:

its in the Daily Echo

Is a rider on the downward path worth a substantial figure it would seam that his best days have gone.It would be a gamble for any club to pay a large fee in hope he can regain some of his old form next year. As his form by his past standards have this year been down everywhere.I cant see a promoter anywhere willing to take the gamble and pay out big money for him.Loan yes worth a risk for a year.

Well considering Holder is apparently still in talks with Poole and going by the Rebels social media the team is complete so could be that there is no Holder. 

not sure about the 50p valuation lol,however any promoter would be totally insane to pay anywhere remotely close to the supposed asking price