British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

14 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

So is this another example showing that Somerset should get Noddy on loan rather than a full transfer or just you muddying the waters?  The example I used was justification for Poole not getting a transfer fee - no Swindon involvement and no dates about who did what first! :rolleyes:

My point is Poole were accused of causing this issue following the Adrian M issue, clearly Swindon got the ball rolling long before and illegally approached a rider with out permission from the club that owns him, similar to the current Holder situation!

But a lot on here say we set the example with Adrian which is clearly incorrect!

Im stating clear facts, Poole are constantly blamed for everything going wrong when at the time other clubs do the same and never get mentioned! 

Everyclub does it including Poole so for people to say otherwise are incorrect.

Swindon fans harp on about they wanted to use Adrian like Peterbrough planned to use Batch.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

Yeah lol good one - Swindon were doing exactly the same with Batch as Poole were with Adrian! It's very simple both clubs made illegal approaches to a rider after not having permission! So next time Adrian is used as an example Troy should also be used too!  

Peterborough offered terms to Batch as Swindon did to Adrian so there is no difference at all! 

The Somerset Thread - Where non Poole fans meet to attack Poole, Poole fans meet to defend Poole and Somerset fans watch on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

The Somerset Thread - Where non Poole fans meet to attack Poole, Poole fans meet to defend Poole and Somerset fans watch on.

Sounds like Somerset will have some more team news tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Sounds like Somerset will have some more team news tomorrow. 

Looking at the 2 rye house signings this morning I think Doyle will be at Somerset 

7 minutes ago, james1234 said:

Looking at the 2 rye house signings this morning I think Doyle will be at Somerset 

Yes I think so too. Maybe Doyle and Hans will be at Somerset? but that would mean no room for Charles.

2 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Yes I think so too. Maybe Doyle and Hans will be at Somerset? but that would mean no room for Charles.

No Doyle and Chris Holder 

1 hour ago, theblueboy said:

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.1576

So, Miedzinski was offered personal terms in November but chose not to accept them as he was tapped up elsewhere. Swindon say no communication from Miedzinski from the beginning of December. So, it’s clear that Swindon had not named their side at this point as AM was still being considered.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-who-s-who-in-the-panthers-squad-for-2012-1-3290264/amp

Then, according to the BBC website Peterborough announced their line up in the last week of November 2011 but were looking to use Troy in the first week of December?

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.1470

I am hoping you lads on the South Coast aren’t policeman with this sort of detective work.

You believe what you want to 

• Like 1

I reckon Wrighty and Paul Starke will be in the final 3 considering the lack of revenue from the TV deal.  We wil find out soon enough I guess.

Merry Christmas to all Speedway fans.

Doyle, Andersen/ Holder and a reserve. I would love Wrighty in the team but he is nowhere near a second heat leader. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, james1234 said:

Judging by Somersets Twitter feed the remaining riders will be announced tomorrow 

I just hope that doesn't mean no more snazzy, 21 century style graphics on their twitter account because I'm loving them at the moment!

16 hours ago, SCB said:

I just hope that doesn't mean no more snazzy, 21 century style graphics on their twitter account because I'm loving them at the moment!

I can't remember the last time I heard the word 'snazzy' but I think that just about sums it up. The content is good though.

Looks like it'll be three separate announcements too at various intervals. Think the forum will go in to meltdown when Holder is announced....