British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Well done Somerset! Very glad that Doyle will still be riding in the UK after winning his world title.

• Like 2

Welcome back Doyley well  done Debbie and Gary, don’t know how you could keep it a secret, if this doesn’t get the fans excited nothing will !!!!! Roll on March :)

Fair play to Somerset, funny how some said they wouldn’t be able to afford Doyley! I think Jeppersen will prove to be a very good signing!

Great to see Doyle back. Might take a few heavy defeats away but should be very strong at home which was the problem last year. Having a strong reserve in BWD/Allen all season will take the pressure off Jeppesen and allow him time to settle.

Fair play to the club - several sponsors must have played their part. Terrific signing and a decent looking team who can all increase their starting average.

Also great for British Speedway that the World Champion is riding here!

• Like 2

Well looking at that team it will be very difficult to beat at home as at the OTA Wright and Lawson is ample backup away is a different story but remember Doyle can take up to 6 rides with heat 15 and tac sub. Looking individually:

Doyle - doesn't really need anything said does he. 

Wright - Mr Somerset so i'm happy he is back but away from home is the big question. 

Lawson - similar to Wright apart from that he isn't Mr Somerset. 

Holder - can definitely go on to be a 7.00 rider this season, hopefully can get a championship spot aswell to get more rides. Fixing his ego will be the thing but Doyle will be able to sort that. 

Allen - was hoping he would be at reserve personally but it's down to him to keep improving this season, riding with Scunny seemed to help him last season so hopefully a full season with them can do it again. 

BWD - fantastic to have him back, has won silverware with all three clubs he has been with now (he won something with Eastbourne didn't he?). Deserved a higher average than what he finished on last season and had problems with engines, definitely capable of a mid 5.00 average maybe a 6.00

Jeppesen - Who? Will have to wait and see but has already won things in Denmark in 2016 he won a youth championship. If he can get the points in heats 2 and 8 i'll be happy. Looking at the no. 7's in Clegg, Davey, Greaves and Serjeant plus possibly Smith/ Bickley and Shanes he should be capable of doing that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Whatever the goings on with Chris Holder, I can't see how Somerset can announce him when he's a Poole asset and still in Poole's team plans!!  Purchase, loan whatever nobody can announce him until Poole release him!!

Been there before - it’s called the Poole precedence! :wink:

Except not needed with Doyle signing 

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Good luck to Doyley - back at Somerset where in all honesty is his spiritual home 

So where are all the posters who were telling one and all that both Holders would be at the Oaktree?????;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Really pleased for Somerset as they now have a genuine no 1...

good luck Jason... so pleased that you are not lost to Britain

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So where are all the posters who were telling one and all that both Holders would be at the Oaktree?????;)

Celebrating the signing of Doyle. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Other than MattFordFan and PooleBolton who always post absolute rubbish - I'm not sure who else has said that.

I remember saying at the start of team building I didn't want either of the two Holders, but there is a lot of potential improvement in Jack so happy with that.