British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Best full team announced so far. Doyle and a couple of improvers in Allen and BWD. Strength at reserve as well to whip Swindon and Wolves at 6 and 7. Might be capable of making the playoffs. Interesting to see how the new Dane goes.

They will be solid at home but perhaps lightweight on their travels.

Oh dear. Shovvy with 2017 play off envy. :)

• Like 1

We were in the playoffs in 2017. And 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013............and we will be in the playoffs in 2018.  Comfortably as the team is going to look superb. 

5 hours ago, james1234 said:

Charles Wright it is then, awful looking team he is no way a second heat leader 

You been on the mulled wine mate?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We were in the playoffs in 2017. And 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013............and we will be in the playoffs in 2018.  Comfortably as the team is going to look superb. 

Keep polishing another Poole Titanic, Steve!!!

22 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Keep polishing another Poole Titanic, Steve!!!

What are you talking about? In a league that only allows 1 rider of 8 points, and has the budget of a high school disco, the only chance teams have of winning is pulling foreign riders of unknown quantities out of the hat. The team that picks the right riders will win. Simple as it gets.

1 hour ago, BurntFaceMan said:

What are you talking about? In a league that only allows 1 rider of 8 points, and has the budget of a high school disco, the only chance teams have of winning is pulling foreign riders of unknown quantities out of the hat. The team that picks the right riders will win. Simple as it gets.

Particularly if some teams can sign those ringers on there outdated averages whilst other teams have had riders on bargain averages reassessed to make it impossible. 

Still, the governing body have made easy for some and more difficult for others and ensure not all teams start on a level playing field. 

Just when you think they couldn't muck up the averages any worse than 2017. :angry:

8 hours ago, Najjer said:

Other than MattFordFan and PooleBolton who always post absolute rubbish - I'm not sure who else has said that.

I remember saying at the start of team building I didn't want either of the two Holders, but there is a lot of potential improvement in Jack so happy with that.

I never said that so your wrong.

I always said Chris to Somerset isn't happening. 

Anyway NEW POST!

That is how you build a team. Very solid doesn't matter about Wright riding at No.5 as Doyle will more than likely win Heat's 13 and 15. 9 times out of 10.

Solid second strings and reserves.

Best team announced so far.

TBF, Somerset wanted Chris, Chris wanted to be at Somerset. Matt Ford didn't want Chris at Somerset so it didn't happen. Certainly if what I'm told is true and I've no reason to disbelieve this.

Super happy Charles and Jason are back,  excited for the new season to start.

5 minutes ago, SCB said:

TBF, Somerset wanted Chris, Chris wanted to be at Somerset. Matt Ford didn't want Chris at Somerset so it didn't happen. Certainly if what I'm told is true and I've no reason to disbelieve this.

This whole "Somerset wanted Chris, Chris wanted Somerset" thing has been banded around a lot, as if it were fact, but has anywhere actually confirmed this?

1 minute ago, BurntFaceMan said:

This whole "Somerset wanted Chris, Chris wanted Somerset" thing has been banded around a lot, as if it were fact, but has anywhere actually confirmed this?

You will never get 'official confirmation' of situations such as this

I was one that had heard both Holders had agreed terms with Somerset before even returning back to Oz for the winter

With 2 months and an agm and then a few more weeks  between then and now a lot can change - and has.

Average restrictions, GP rider reassessments etc all have had their impact on how teams have gone about building their 1-7s

Thats the trouble with trying to build early - you give your rivals chance to manipulate at the agm (and after where needed :P) to thwart your plans...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You will never get 'official confirmation' of situations such as this

I was one that had heard both Holders had agreed terms with Somerset before even returning back to Oz for the winter

With 2 months and an agm and then a few more weeks  between then and now a lot can change - and has.

Average restrictions, GP rider reassessments etc all have had their impact on how teams have gone about building their 1-7s

Thats the trouble with trying to build early - you give your rivals chance to manipulate at the agm (and after where needed :P) to thwart your plans...

But wouldn't that have been around the same time that Chris Holder was banned and Matt Ford helped him appeal his ban? Seems a bit strange that Matt would be keen to help a rider who had no intention of riding for him, and strange that Chris would be going to Matt for support?

1 minute ago, Pirate Nick said:

Somerset a lot better off with Jason Doyle than Holder IMO

I believe the plan was to have both if what I'm told was right - and like SCB, I've no reason to doubt it. Matt Ford demanding that we buy Holder was scuppered that.

• Like 2