British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

Thanks for the Info

I knew changeover day was friday/Saturday. So in the past it would be a problem, but now maybe the promotions work in that area may bring some rewards. In reality with the World Champion and a great racetrack you would think people would be flocking in.

IMO even though it is obviously for team building purposes Swindon are mad not to use him. A Town like Swindon with a World Champion   in the team should be packing them in.

At least they'e trying which is far more than some promotions do.

Edited by Triple.H.
Predictive text had me again
  • Like 3

It’s a great idea to promote to the holiday makers, but there are still people living in Somerset who have no idea the track is there. Surely these are the people the promotion should be targeting.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, marge said:

It’s a great idea to promote to the holiday makers, but there are still people living in Somerset who have no idea the track is there. Surely these are the people the promotion should be targeting.

I' sure they'e tried and tried but it hasn' worked. So trying the transients is the next best option. To be fair the track is out in the middle of nowhere so to speak. I can only think of Cradley and ourselves(Oxford) that were tracks with a lot of fans within walking distance of the track. Obviously upto the late 60s tracks did attract a far more local home crowd.

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

I' sure they'e tried and tried but it hasn' worked. So trying the transients is the next best option. To be fair the track is out in the middle of nowhere so to speak. I can only think of Cradley and ourselves(Oxford) that were tracks with a lot of fans within walking distance of the track. Obviously upto the late 60s tracks did attract a far more local home crowd.

The promoters need to work on both people who live in Somerset and during the summer all the holiday resorts with info in what to do leaflets and mags and whats on mags with discounts etc. in the holiday camps, hotels etc. 

Edited by A ORLOV

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

The promoters need to work on both people who live in Somerset and during the summer all the holiday resorts with info in what to do leaflets and mags and whats on mags with discounts etc. in the holiday camps, hotels etc. 

Believe me when I say that at Somerset, all those things have and do happen every season.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, womble53 said:

Believe me when I say that at Somerset, all those things have and do happen every season.

Thanks for all your hard work Mr T much appreciated.

1 hour ago, idh said:

He’s not a bad lad for a Manc is he? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, womble53 said:

That is good, and as has been mentioned a change of night from fri may help.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, idh said:

Somerset are really lucky, they have many volunteers doing a great job.

• Like 5

No news at all out of Somerset recently?  We read the criticism (probably justified) of their Jason Doyle signing announcement being swallowed up by the Christmas holidays.     Not good PR, if they are to progress they'll have to perform like a professional outfit off the track as well as on it.

Debbie is in Queensland just now, and OTA programme columnist Dick Barrie is also in Australia -- are they looking out for new Rebels for the future?

So fixtures are now out! Excellent we have the double header still with Poole on Good Friday!

Rumours are we are going to be making another signing before the start of the season - As we are in need of a new track man!

Two massive gaps in our home fixture list, one over the summer period.  Should have gone with one big league full to the rafters with meetings.  No wonder we loose interest.

HOME Gap Away Gap
1 30/03/2018   30/03/2018  
2 04/04/2018 5 16/04/2018 17
3 18/04/2018 14 30/04/2018 14
4 02/05/2018 14 07/05/2018 7
5 16/05/2018 14 14/05/2018 7
6 23/05/2018 7 28/05/2018 14
7 13/06/2018 21 30/05/2018 2
8 20/06/2018 7 27/06/2018 28
9 04/07/2018 14 09/07/2018 12
10 11/07/2018 7 16/07/2018 7
11 01/08/2018 21 19/07/2018 3
12 08/08/2018 7 30/07/2018 11
13 15/08/2018 7 13/08/2018 14
14 22/08/2018 7 03/09/2018 21
15 29/08/2018 7 05/09/2018 2

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

So fixtures are now out! Excellent we have the double header still with Poole on Good Friday!

Rumours are we are going to be making another signing before the start of the season - As we are in need of a new track man!

Yes and guests to start the season with too!

Who has priority over Lawson, Somerset or Lakeside? Both have double headers on the same day. One way or another, guests already!:o

36 minutes ago, BobC said:

Yes and guests to start the season with too!

Who has priority over Lawson, Somerset or Lakeside? Both have double headers on the same day. One way or another, guests already!:o

It should be Somerset as he rode for us last season, assuming that's how the priority still works.

I presume as we are riding on a now "off racenight" that may throw a spanner in the works. 

1 hour ago, Willowman said:

Two massive gaps in our home fixture list, one over the summer period.  Should have gone with one big league full to the rafters with meetings.  No wonder we loose interest.

7 05/09/2018 2

Nowhere near enough riders allowing for injuries too for 1 big league. Most championship riders already double up into the Premiership.