British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rubbish. If he had wanted to return there’s no way cvs would have chosen Thorsel over Woffinden. Woffinden is not interested in supporting either the league that taught him to ride, or his country. Only interest he has is money all the way. No loyalty whatsoever to anything to do with the UK.

I really hope the BSPA only conider British riders who are riding in the Premier league when making their choices for the world pairs this season.

CVS confirmed it at the talk in end of last season. But then the BSPA completely messed up the rules by stopping a British rider from riding here by saddling him with an average that made it impossible to fit him in yet allow some foreign riders to keep a completely outdated average. The same people of course stopping 2 British riders from riding in both leagues. Beyond bonkers.

1 hour ago, Trees said:

We don't fit in with his lifestyle, he earns enough in Poland not to need to race here. He might as well be Polish or Swedish......

Do you work elsewhere after you earn enough not to assume you have a 2nd job you dont need 

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rubbish. If he had wanted to return there’s no way cvs would have chosen Thorsel over Woffinden. Woffinden is not interested in supporting either the league that taught him to ride, or his country. Only interest he has is money all the way. No loyalty whatsoever to anything to do with the UK.

I really hope the BSPA only conider British riders who are riding in the Premier league when making their choices for the world pairs this season.

Surely if that was the case he would be riding here too:blink:

• Thanks 1

Jack has broken his collarbone, will he be fit for Somerset start of season? Maybe a temp replacement could be an option.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

CVS confirmed it at the talk in end of last season. But then the BSPA completely messed up the rules by stopping a British rider from riding here by saddling him with an average that made it impossible to fit him in yet allow some foreign riders to keep a completely outdated average. The same people of course stopping 2 British riders from riding in both leagues. Beyond bonkers.

Didn't he say on the Claire Balding show that he wasn't riding here because of the poor standard of the PL or have I imagined it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Didn't he say on the Claire Balding show that he wasn't riding here because of the poor standard of the PL or have I imagined it?

Still phoned 

wolves, BV, Kings Lynn and Poole .

In that order as well. 

4 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Matters not.  He was interested in coming back for fixed night racing.

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Still phoned 

wolves, BV, Kings Lynn and Poole .

In that order as well. 

No idea about order.  However it's clear he was considering it. 

12 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Matters not.  He was interested in coming back for fixed night racing.

No idea about order.  However it's clear he was considering it. 

I'm not sure what you are suggesting. Are you saying that he was not telling the truth when he was on the Claire Balding Show?

7 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I'm not sure what you are suggesting. Are you saying that he was not telling the truth when he was on the Claire Balding Show?

Let’s be honest, most sportsman/women say whatever you want to hear to wrap the fans around their fingers. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Shock horror jeez

2 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Let’s be honest, most sportsman/women say whatever you want to hear to wrap the fans around their fingers. 

56 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

Shock horror jeez

We all know that riders will often say what they think fans want to hear. This was different, there is no reason why he couldn't have said that no club had offered him a team place, if that was the truth. It would have presented him in a more favourable light to the many fans who criticise him for not riding here.

However, the purpose of my post was that I was interested in Stevebrum's opinion that it doesn't matter that he gave an entirely different reason on TV to that put forward by others on here.

Yes its very strange that Woffinden, one who likes to use social media, hasn’t once mentioned that he wanted to come back. Or that he hasn’t been offered a berth anywhere.

Perhaps thats because he has no intention of riding here. He would have been snapped up by one team had he really been available.