British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2018

It’s no coincidence that CVS & Ford  said they have riders effected by the 8 point GP reassessment. They didn’t, but it wraps around the Zagar increase nicely. 

There was only ever one rider effected by the 8 point rule and he now knows better when to tweet about a uk return. 

PERHAPS the biggest difference between Doyle and Woffinden is that the former likes to ride as much as possible while the latter prefers to keep his speedway workload to a minimum.

Tai appeared more interested in all his DIY work on his custom built house than racing speedway in 2017 but you could argue, and he probably wouldn't agree, that his World title bid was less successful than it otherwise might have been.

11 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I'm not sure what you are suggesting. Are you saying that he was not telling the truth when he was on the Claire Balding Show?

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm just saying what CVS said in November. It's pretty simple really.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes its very strange that Woffinden, one who likes to use social media, hasn’t once mentioned that he wanted to come back. Or that he hasn’t been offered a berth anywhere.

Perhaps thats because he has no intention of riding here. He would have been snapped up by one team had he really been available.

Are you calling CVS a liar?? He would have no valid reason to lie about Tai saying he would be interested in fixed night racing and had made contact.  And yes,  I asked the question if Tai had been spoken to about the 2018 season. 

It would have been low priority for him I'm sure and that's probably why he hasn't made a fuss about it.

However feel free to make up your own assumptions, which obviously don't add up.

Am I the only one baffled by all this talk about Woffinden on the Somerset thread?!

I would have thought there would be more discussion/concern/interest in Jack Holder's condition?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm just saying what CVS said in November. It's pretty simple really.

Are you calling CVS a liar?? He would have no valid reason to lie about Tai saying he would be interested in fixed night racing and had made contact.  And yes,  I asked the question if Tai had been spoken to about the 2018 season. 

It would have been low priority for him I'm sure and that's probably why he hasn't made a fuss about it.

However feel free to make up your own assumptions, which obviously don't add up.

Didn’t CVS also say P Pawlicki was going to sign for Wolves as well, yet he is lined up at Poole should one of our riders fail to do their job?

I don’t believe there’s a single bit of truth of Woffinden wanting to ride in this country in 2018.

Nor do I. He used the lack of fixed nights as an excuse in the past indicating he would return it it changed.  Now we have fixed nights he's changed his excuse to the standard not being high enough. That's what he said himself, not what CVS said at a fans forum in November.

Edited by Aces51

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Didn’t CVS also say P Pawlicki was going to sign for Wolves as well, yet he is lined up at Poole should one of our riders fail to do their job?

I don’t believe there’s a single bit of truth of Woffinden wanting to ride in this country in 2018.

CVS indeed confirmed that Piotr was also interested in racing in the UK in 2018 and asked for his name to be circulated if Wolves couldn't fit him in. If he is part of Poole's back up plans it's because CVS has given permission. Best try not to make up a view point when it's been confirmed by someone who owns his contract. 

If you are happy to call CVS and myself a liar regards Woffy then that's your perogative. I guess it would make you wrong however. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Nor do I. He used the lack of fixed nights as an excuse in the past indicating he would return it it changed.  Now we have fixed nights he's changed his excuse to the standard not being high enough. That's what he said himself, not what CVS said at a fans forum in November.

CVS was correct also. I'd believe his viewpoint more than on a TV platform  made by Tai himself. If he was coming back it would have been a completely different TV viewpoint you can be sure of that. Tai knows how to work the media. 

Ask yourself,  why would CVS lie about saying Tai was considering racing here in 2018???

9 hours ago, ouch said:

It’s no coincidence that CVS & Ford  said they have riders effected by the 8 point GP reassessment. They didn’t, but it wraps around the Zagar increase nicely. 

There was only ever one rider effected by the 8 point rule and he now knows better when to tweet about a uk return. 

Zagar Woffinden Pawlicki (both) are affected by the rescaling of averages for GP riders and only Holder wasn't so only benefit was for Poole as Tau was highly unlikely on this format but Piotr was a contender to return depending on other riders first. 

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Both Pawlicki brothers were possible signing and only the reassess of 8.00 stopped one of them signing up 

As for Tau he always said if it went to fixed race nights he may be interested but not doing 28 plus and family is the key this year with new builds and daughter.  So can't blame him really 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Agrotron said:

Pmsl who gives a fk about Tai Woffinden 

I do,he is our best rider and only candidate to win the world title, I believe Tai would benefit from riding in the Prem, as all tracks are different and top riders can and do get beat by lesser opponents, surely that would help him to up his game.

IMHO Wolves would of moved heaven and earth to fit Tai in.................................................if he really wanted to return.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2018 at 12:11 PM, Skidder1 said:

Am I the only one baffled by all this talk about Woffinden on the Somerset thread?!

I would have thought there would be more discussion/concern/interest in Jack Holder's condition?!

Whats happened with Jack then?

2 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

2 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

Broken collar bone. 

• Sad 1

On 11/02/2018 at 12:11 PM, Skidder1 said:

Oh dear, broken collar bone , didn’t see anything on the Rebs web site.

Edited by Cliffeboy